• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Agreed, but that still makes Berahino at least fourth on our list.

I can't believe I'm actually going through the rigmarole of defending Daniel Levy, but that must be the reason why we've only moved for him after losing seven points in our first three games. Anything else would be so unbelievably incompetent as to warrant sacking, or just cheap to the point where it's beyond even parody.

It must be because we were haggling with other targets, failed and are now on a lower player on our list, with a little room to go lower still (Austin, since we've also been heavily linked to him).

Note that I didn't mention Werner: we were linked with him too, by the semi-credible Lyall Thomas as well. But I think signing N'jie put an end to that prospect.

Saying it in every other post doesn't make it true.

We had no entitlement to a full 9 points from our first 3 games no matter who we signed or didn't sign.

How many times in the last 50 years have we taken 3 points at Old Trafford? .... or even 1 point? With earlier signings we might have had 9 points. With a bit more luck or concentration we might have had 6. With a tad more bad luck we might be on 0. brick happens in football but to try and claim we have lost 7 points we never had just to add to your dig on Levy's transfer efforts is wide of the mark.

I have a very bad feeling about all of this, and it seems more likely we will have egg on our face due to a good hijacking than actually getting a deal tied up for Saido.

sinking feeling this place is going to go nuts after our semi decent transfer window thus far turns into a horror show.

We had no entitlement to a full 9 points from our first 3 games no matter who we signed or didn't sign.

How many times in the last 50 years have we taken 3 points at Old Trafford? .... or even 1 point? With earlier signings we might have had 9 points. With a bit more luck or concentration we might have had 6. With a tad more bad luck we might be on 0. **** happens in football but to try and claim we have lost 7 points we never had just to add to your dig on Levy's transfer efforts is wide of the mark.

double like's the post

How many times in the last 50 years have we taken 3 points at Old Trafford? .... or even 1 point? With earlier signings we might have had 9 points. With a bit more luck or concentration we might have had 6. With a tad more bad luck we might be on 0. **** happens in football but to try and claim we have lost 7 points we never had just to add to your dig on Levy's transfer efforts is wide of the mark.

So, really, why sign anyone at all. With a bit more 'luck and concentration', as you put it, we could win the league without signing anyone, with just Dier in midfield and Kane by himself up front.

Seven points we never had, forsooth. And then we miss out by that margin (often far less than that), and wonder at what could have been had we not fallen just a bit short...

Edit: And to add to that, Alderweireld came out post-Stoke and mentioned how he was used to far more protection being offered by his DMs than was the case at Spurs. If we'd had a DM in place for that game, instead of playing a CB in that position, perhaps he wouldn't have had to make that statement, and we'd be better off, no?

If our own player points out our glaring weaknesses in certain areas on the heels of us dropping points we shouldn't have, while the transfer window's still open and with most people having accepted the need to address those weaknesses sharpish....I can't quite believe that you're sticking to the 'we don't know what might have happened' line, mate.

Last edited:
Agreed, but that still makes Berahino at least fourth on our list.

I can't believe I'm actually going through the rigmarole of defending Daniel Levy, but that must be the reason why we've only moved for him after losing seven points in our first three games. Anything else would be so unbelievably incompetent as to warrant sacking, or just cheap to the point where it's beyond even parody.

It must be because we were haggling with other targets, failed and are now on a lower player on our list, with a little room to go lower still (Austin, since we've also been heavily linked to him).

Note that I didn't mention Werner: we were linked with him too, by the semi-credible Lyall Thomas as well. But I think signing N'jie put an end to that prospect.

I think that Berahino has always been near the top of our list but that the player and his club have been holding out to see whether anything came of the City links.

I think that Berahino has always been near the top of our list but that the player and his club have been holding out to see whether anything came of the City links.

Hmm. Perhaps that, but again, if he was top of our list, we wouldn't have made the concrete moves we ended up making for Martial, no? I can't imagine we'd spend big on two players who play in similar positions and with similar styles in the same window: it's likely we decided to go for Martial over Berahino, at the very least.

Hmm. Perhaps that, but again, if he was top of our list, we wouldn't have made the concrete moves we ended up making for Martial, no? I can't imagine we'd spend big on two players who play in similar positions and with similar styles in the same window: it's likely we decided to go for Martial over Berahino, at the very least.

That's why I said near the top of our list. It seems clear to me that Martial was our top target. I think that Ings was probably a combination of opportunism and trying to make life difficult for Liverpool.

That's why I said near the top of our list. It seems clear to me that Martial was our top target. I think that Ings was probably a combination of opportunism and trying to make life difficult for Liverpool.

Ings would have been great. He'll be used in the cups for Liverpool and if he's not careful he may lose his place in the England squad.

second thoughts...i think we should just fudge this deal off.

22m is a decent offer and he shouldn't be worth more than Pedro ffs.

pedro is getting paid 200k a week .That's why the fee is not so high.

really? that much...well he's done well for himself.

Is it worth letting this saga play out when its a Jeremy Peace fist pumping exercise and its highly likely WBA will get their wish and Man u or city will come in and turd all over us leaving us 0 time to get anyone else in?

Back