• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

I said it after Peaces statement that he is purely angling for Berahino to force his way out and lose any bonuses and face with it

Now its a good fit for us to offer them more money and secure the deal

Last edited:
Please put us out our misery and accept the transfer request and sell him to us! They've already bought Lambert and Rondon to play up front so just do it!

I would say there is no chance of him being presented before the Everton game but it will go through at about 4pm next Tuesday.Fortunatly we didn't erect a stage for him.Not sure who Jeremy Peace thinks he is fooling.On the other hand it could get too expensive and Levy will pull out also at about 4pm next Tuesday.In private it seems we have had permission to talk to him but in public nothing doing at all.Not sure he is such a game changer to warrant all this cloak and dagger stuff.

Well they are calling our bluff. Everyone knows how desperate we are for a striker and they will hold us to their £25m figure by the looks of things. He certainly isn't worth £25m on the face of it but if he is who Pochettino want then I think we have to pay the money. Or come up with an alternative quickly and wrap it up.

Well they are calling our bluff. Everyone knows how desperate we are for a striker and they will hold us to their £25m figure by the looks of things. He certainly isn't worth £25m on the face of it but if he is who Pochettino want then I think we have to pay the money. Or come up with an alternative quickly and wrap it up.

Disagree mate .. this is purely PR brick, plus them getting out of any loyalty/bonus clauses the player may have.

We aren't Cheat$ki/City, we aren't going to suddenly up the bid by 5M, this is probably more payment terms/conditions negotiation.

I would be very surprised if this is not done by end of week.

But they don't have room in their squad really now Having signed Rondon and Lambert so at some point they will be a little squeaky bum as well.

Disagree mate .. this is purely PR ****, plus them getting out of any loyalty/bonus clauses the player may have.

We aren't Cheat$ki/City, we aren't going to suddenly up the bid by 5M, this is probably more payment terms/conditions negotiation.

Yea you may be right. My only thing is the more they delay it, the more time they have to potentially invite other suitors. Who knows it could all very much be done and dusted but Levy has agreed with Pearce to let him save face and come out fighting, as Levy very much understands this position!

I think he will still end up signing just frustrating as hell that it takes until the deadline day to take it over the line.

Disagree mate .. this is purely PR ****, plus them getting out of any loyalty/bonus clauses the player may have.

I would be very surprised if it is.

I feel a bit bad about all this.
We don't usually unsettle players and cause teams disruptions.

I'd hate to be thought of in the same negative light as united who've been tapping players up for 30 years.

I agree with Raziel, I would be more surprised if it doesnt go through.

I bet Berahino has been told by WBA the only way out is if he plays by the their rules. As crazy as it sounds I reckon WBA encouraged him to hand a transfer request in so they could refuse it ( makes them look good to the press) but behind scenes WBA and Spurs have agreed a deal. This is all about making WBA look like they had no other choice because big bad Berahino left them with no option. This keep the blame away from the club/chairman.

Or I could just be talking rubbish and come next week he will still be a WBA player.

I bet Berahino has been told by WBA the only way out is if he plays by the their rules. As crazy as it sounds I reckon WBA encouraged him to hand a transfer request in so they could refuse it ( makes them look good to the press) but behind scenes WBA and Spurs have agreed a deal. This is all about making WBA look like they had no other choice because big bad Berahino left them with no option. This keep the blame away from the club/chairman.

Or I could just be talking rubbish and come next week he will still be a WBA player.

I think you're spot on to be honest. But I have been wrong before! Schneiderlin almost did the same last year albeit other factors did come into play i.e. the sale of half of their team. A seious injury to Rondon, and we could be in trouble!

When you have something that you know someone else is desperate for then the price goes up.

I personally think that in today's market he's worth £20m rising to £25m with add-ons

Haha I want to believe you and could be one or the other. There I'm sticking my neck out....

Back