• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Did anyone else watch the liverpool game last week? Benteke looked lost and was a lonely figure IMO with no one knowing how to feed him. I believe they will get it somewhat. Enter but he really strikes me as though he is at the wrong club.

Yes I did and yes he was, I have said elsewhere that IF Liverpool give him the service he will score a lot of goals for them but if they fail to do that he will struggle.

And you are right he is at the wrong club, he should have come here ;)

I cannot believe that we would buy N'jie instead of Berahino. Nor can I believe that we would buy N'jie and no one else.

With Bobby and Adebayor gone, we will have only one recognised striker. We will need at least two more. And while N'jie fills a need by providing blistering pace in the wide forward positions, he couldn't provide the sort of cover that we might need, at some point during the season, for Harry Kane. Berahino, on the other hand, can play both roles.

i agree we need genuine back up to Kane and right now Njie doesnt appear to be at that level, but as weve seen Poch is not afraid to convert players into new roles. There is a possibility that Poch has seen enough raw attributes in Njie to turn him into a striker, who can cover the wide positions if needs be, rather than the other way round.

............................Kane/Njie
Chadli/Pritchard..Eriksen/Carrol..Lamela/Townsend

Poch seems to like a small tight squad, with players able to cover a few positions

There is a possibility that Poch has seen enough raw attributes in Njie to turn him into a striker, who can cover the wide positions if needs be, rather than the other way round.

............................Kane/Njie
Chadli/Pritchard..Eriksen/Carrol..Lamela/Townsend

Poch seems to like a small tight squad, with players able to cover a few positions

If (!!) Poch is hoping to produce an Henry style striker from a winger then I think he's being way too ambitious. I'm no scout or coach, but those kind of players come round very rarely and i couldn't name too many other transitions in recent years that have reaped major dividends!?

I can see it now…Pulis picks the phone up to Mark Hughes, "'ello mate, do me a favour, get my old boys to give Kane an extra shooing this weekend will ya! Could do with him stretchered off so we can bump up the Saido fee!"

Should Kane get injured tomorrow or after the window, are we seriously saying we'll go into the League/Europa/CapOne Cup schedule with a strike force consisting of attacking wingers!!???? Heads would/should seriously role if that were the case!

If (!!) Poch is hoping to produce an Henry style striker from a winger then I think he's being way too ambitious. I'm no scout or coach, but those kind of players come round very rarely and i couldn't name too many other transitions in recent years that have reaped major dividends!?

I can see it now…Pulis picks the phone up to Mark Hughes, "'ello mate, do me a favour, get my old boys to give Kane an extra shooing this weekend will ya! Could do with him stretchered off so we can bump up the Saido fee!"

Should Kane get injured tomorrow or after the window, are we seriously saying we'll go into the League/Europa/CapOne Cup schedule with a strike force consisting of attacking wingers!!???? Heads would/should seriously role if that were the case!

i agree, thats why its imperative we sign Berahino as well and if Poch feels we are overloaded with attackers to simply just get rid of Townsend or Lamela with Njie then covering RWF, LWF and CF

Pulis has re-iterated again that if a good offer comes in for Berahino then the club will look at it, he doesnt want to sell but he cannot guarantee Berahino will be there once the window closes. Basically, every player is for sale at the right price

Looks as if Emirates Marketing Project are in for Pedro, so it looks like if they are interested in Berahino he can't be that high on their list. Good news for us if we are truly interested in him.

Stating the obvious here, of course, but seeing as we've officially sold Soldado and loaned out Coulthirst, we really need at least another strike in (in addition to N'Jie). Maybe the money from selling Solly will go into getting Berahino. Fingers crossed.

Telegraph saying after selling Soldado we'll be putting in a £15m bid expecting to go up to £20m for him.
I'd be happy with that.

You have to wonder at a so called quality paper like The Telegraph, they know this how? Do we think Daniel Levy rang them up to tell them?

Matt Law is the one from the Telegraph that writes most of the Spurs articles and he tends to be quite accurate with whats going on. Id say he has a decent contact associated with the club

Matt Law is the one from the Telegraph that writes most of the Spurs articles and he tends to be quite accurate with whats going on. Id say he has a decent contact associated with the club

John Percy who covers the Midlands clubs is also very good, but having added Harry Redknapp as a columnist they've lost my respect.

Back