• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

I cannot believe that we would buy N'jie instead of Berahino. Nor can I believe that we would buy N'jie and no one else.

With Bobby and Adebayor gone, we will have only one recognised striker. We will need at least two more. And while N'jie fills a need by providing blistering pace in the wide forward positions, he couldn't provide the sort of cover that we might need, at some point during the season, for Harry Kane. Berahino, on the other hand, can play both roles.
Oh don't get me wrong I think we should buy both. I'm just second guessing but what if Clinton is viewed to be able to do the same job as Berahino ie play as a wing forward, and also be the back up striker? And then have say Chadli as a third choice, or a youth player if needed. All depends on how much we have to spend, I don't see that as beyond the realms of possibility. I'm not saying we aren't in for Berahino, just saying we have to consider the possibility that he might of been one we looked at and decided could get better value for money with Clinton, plus maybe even Charlie Austin? For a similar total price to Berahino...

I think you're right that it is a possibility - I think however that we will still sign another and as MF suggests above Austin could be that man as a fall back option if Berahino doesn't happen - in my mind though, Berahino is still in the reckoning

I think he meant back up to Kane, and in that sense he's a better option than Berahino....

That's right. I'd rather Berahino on account of pace and the fact that his versatility means he can play both with and instead of Kane (albeit I'm less convinced about him being the spear-head of the attack. But I wouldn't be unhappy if we got Austin as he's more of a natural back up to Kane.

Oh don't get me wrong I think we should buy both. I'm just second guessing but what if Clinton is viewed to be able to do the same job as Berahino ie play as a wing forward, and also be the back up striker? And then have say Chadli as a third choice, or a youth player if needed. All depends on how much we have to spend, I don't see that as beyond the realms of possibility. I'm not saying we aren't in for Berahino, just saying we have to consider the possibility that he might of been one we looked at and decided could get better value for money with Clinton, plus maybe even Charlie Austin? For a similar total price to Berahino...

From what little I have seen of N'jie, it seems inconceivable to me that Mitchell, Poch et al might think that he would be a suitable spearhead for our attack. He doesn't appear to have the same skill set as Berahino. And certainly not the same skill set as Harry Kane.

As I said, it may be that a bigger club steals in for Berahino or that WBA dig their heels in and refuse to sell. But there's just been too much smoke by way of decent itk and press reports to think that we aren't really in for him.

Agreed, though, that Charlie Austin might be a backup option - even if he lacks Berahino's versatility.

I will start to worry when Austin gets snapped up as I am quite convinced he is our back up option.

The one thing all ITKs have actually agreed upon is that Austin is NOT being considered at all.

Doesn't appear to be much interest in him from anyone.

I like Berahino and would have no problem if he comes here, but what I do not understand is why most are happy to pay ( according to what WBA are supposed to want) 25 million for a guy who has only scored 19 goals in 70 Prem games, yet said that paying 30 million for Benteke who has scored 42 goals in 88 prem games was far too much.

I like Berahino and would have no problem if he comes here, but what I do not understand is why most are happy to pay ( according to what WBA are supposed to want) 25 million for a guy who has only scored 19 goals in 70 Prem games, yet said that paying 30 million for Benteke who has scored 42 goals in 88 prem games was far too much.

Do you think those not willing to pay big for Benteke are the ones who want to pay big for Berahino then? I think it's probably more likely that those who want Berahino for 25m wanted Benteke for 32m, and those that didn't want to pay that much then, don't now either

Do you think those not willing to pay big for Benteke are the ones who want to pay big for Berahino then? I think it's probably more likely that those who want Berahino for 25m wanted Benteke for 32m, and those that didn't want to pay that much then, don't now either

No idea on that.

I'd say 20mil is probably closer to th

Edit: thanks for liking my unfinished sentence.

Last edited:
Back