• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

I was replying to someone saying they don't rate him - Whether we still want him or not is irrelevant they obviously rate him. Having a tantrum doesn't change that.

He's pacy, technically good on the ball, he has all the attributes for me. Finishing needs improving but that comes with age and good coaching. He's still a bit raw but Im surprised you don't at the very least think he has talent....

If we don't want him it could be because we simply don't rate him any longer.

I really don't see anything that makes think he's more than a bottom half player, a new Agbonlahor.

I really don't see anything that makes think he's more than a bottom half player, a new Agbonlahor.

To be fair, i'm sure many expected Kane to be not much better than Lee Barnard or Jamie Slabber two years ago...

I was replying to someone saying they don't rate him - Whether we still want him or not is irrelevant they obviously rate him. Having a tantrum doesn't change that.

He's pacy, technically good on the ball, he has all the attributes for me. Finishing needs improving but that comes with age and good coaching. He's still a bit raw but Im surprised you don't at the very least think he has talent....

Tell that to Townsend.

Mentality is seemingly just as important to Poch and co as physical or technical qualities. It's essential to teambuilding. It don't think Poch has looked back since the second Berahino went all Odemwingie

I only joined in the discussion replying to a poster saying they don't rate him which as far as Im aware would be referring to his football ability.

Poch and Mitchell clearly rated him on his football ability and I cant see that of changing. If they no longer want him due to question marks on his attitude (which I actually don't buy into) then fair enough but to me that is a separate thing from 'rating' a player....

If they rate someone or not is not an either/or categorical thing.

It's about how highly they rate him, how they rate him compared to the players already at the club and their development since last summer, how highly they rate him compared to other targets and at what cost they rate him as a good signing for us.

"They rate him" carries very little meaning on its own. We're obviously not going to sign anyone the transfer committee doesn't rate. But just because they "rate" a player that doesn't mean he's a target for us at this point. They obviously rate Berahino on some level assuming we trust the reports from last summer, but beyond that we know very little.

Considering the lengths we went to last summer in trying to sign Berahino - to the extent that Poch compared his signing to finding the perfect wife - I would say that he is rated very highly. Of course, many things will be factored in any decision to bid, especially and above all the transfer fee demanded by that joker Peace.

However, as we have seen with Wanyama, Poch is pretty fixed in his targets and willing to wait until he can get them on the right terms. If WBA want to play ball, and it seems relations improved after the loan of Pritchard, then I would say that Berahino to Spurs remains more than a distinct possibility.

Considering the lengths we went to last summer in trying to sign Berahino - to the extent that Poch compared his signing to finding the perfect wife - I would say that he is rated very highly.

I'm not sure. I think Poch might only name players to throw the scent on his real under-the-radar targets. It's only happened 3 times:

- Berahinho - to disguise our real interest in Son?
- Batshuayi - to disguise our real interest in Janssen?
- Umtiti - to disguise our real interest in Rode?

I'm not sure. I think Poch might only name players to throw the scent on his real under-the-radar targets. It's only happened 3 times:

Son was signed with three days or so still left in last summer's window. Yet we still put in at least 3 desperate bids for Berahino on deadline day; and ended up with egg on our face, having fostered bad relations with a rival Premiership club - never a recommended option.

And you are saying this was just to disguise our interest in Son - who we had already signed???!!! :eek:

Talk about preposterous conspiracy theories

Son was signed with three days or so still left in last summer's window. Yet we still put in at least 3 desperate bids for Berahino on deadline day; and ended up with egg on our face, having fostered bad relations with a rival Premiership club - never a recommended option.

And you are saying this was just to disguise our interest in Son - who we had already signed???!!! :eek:

Talk about preposterous conspiracy theories

Son was plan A I think and Berahino plan B. I think we only decided to go for Berahino still on the last day when we got a big offer in for Lamela.

Son was plan A I think and Berahino plan B. I think we only decided to go for Berahino still on the last day when we got a big offer in for Lamela.

I must say that you are nothing but consistent....

So first it was Son; now Lamela? We had been chasing Berahino all summer and made several bids well before the so called "big offer" for Lamela! In fact, it was those initial bids that apparently tinkled Peace off.

Why can't you just accept that you are way off tangent? As the saying goes... when you're in a hole, stop digging!!

Throw off the scent? Are you aware of how transfers actually work and the role of agents?

I think he ends up with us but it seems Peace is messing everyone around with this .He won't want to go to watford they are relegation contenders if look at the second half of last season.This may be a deadline special and we will pay a lot less than 20 mill for him.

I think he ends up with us but it seems Peace is messing everyone around with this .He won't want to go to watford they are relegation contenders if look at the second half of last season.This may be a deadline special and we will pay a lot less than 20 mill for him.

I think we'll make another try for Leandro now his value has dropped too.

Did I miss something with us wanting Leandro while Pochettino was in charge? I thought that was way back under Harry (advised by Broomfield)

Just a random crap player who we were recurrently linked with after one misguided attempt to sign them. Michael Ricketts, Kenwyne Jones, Stuart Downing etc.

Back