• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Bit worried he might not be good for morale with this poor attitude, is he a player we can trust. Seems like the squad is buzzing at the moment and we don't want to upset that.

Bit worried he might not be good for morale with this poor attitude, is he a player we can trust. Seems like the squad is buzzing at the moment and we don't want to upset that.

I'm less worried in this case as it seems to me WBA promised him a move then reneged on that when we were the only game in town

But doesn't mean you need to sulk about it, plenty of players settle down and get on with it. Modric seemed to play fine for instance when we didn't let him go to Chelsea after Levy's gentlemans agreement.

But doesn't mean you need to sulk about it, plenty of players settle down and get on with it. Modric seemed to play fine for instance when we didn't let him go to Chelsea after Levy's gentlemans agreement.

Yep, but we didn't go stock up on people in Modric's position and put him on the bench.

Berahino seems like he was promised he could go, Pullis obviously (and has said so) didn't object and was planning for life after, then Peace made it a personal ego trip (that seems like the most common version of scenario).

Berahino sulked, but no effort has been made to say he's part of their plans either, so its "fudge you, we aren't selling you, but no, you are not our main guy and I could really give a fudge if you play or not"

So you could see how that would cause some issues ...

Do we really want such a player at Spurs?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-be-ticking-on-forwards-West-Brom-career.html

Not so sure myself - there must/should be better alternatives out there
If he comes here he will have a massive point to prove which should play nicely into our hands. Anything short of total commitment and Poch has shown he won't let a mere £25m fee get in his way. He'll be shut out the same way Ade was leaving Levy to sell him on - at a profit.

If we have the choice of Berahino for £20m - £25m or Sandro Ramirez for £3m, albeit with Barca having a buy-back option, I think we all know which we'll go for and probably rightly so

Yep, but we didn't go stock up on people in Modric's position and put him on the bench.

Berahino seems like he was promised he could go, Pullis obviously (and has said so) didn't object and was planning for life after, then Peace made it a personal ego trip (that seems like the most common version of scenario).

Berahino sulked, but no effort has been made to say he's part of their plans either, so its "fudge you, we aren't selling you, but no, you are not our main guy and I could really give a fudge if you play or not"

This is think is a fair read on it. Obviously there's bad blood with the club and Berahino is doing the minimum not to be in breach of contract. A move looks likely but Peace could fudge him over again on principle. Of course that would be another ego trip by the chairman and not what is best for the club, but you could still see it happening.

I know a coach up there and they are a well run club. This whole episode is a little out of character for the club as a whole and it is doing their reputation no good.

I think they were prepared to let him go but on their terms, being willing to let someone go and selling them regardless is different. We on here probably feel the bid was decent and as good as they could hope for but ultimately he's their player and they need to be happy with the terms of it.

Not sure if I want him now. Disturbed by his attitude and potential to disrupt . Also, deffo not a Kane lookalike.

Was it just me, or did anyone else think that Pochettino was half-referring to Berahino when he made that statement about not signing players unless they have "the right profile". From what I can tell, the Pochettino "profile" means hard-working, fit players who are willing to set aside their ego in favour of team-unity.

Signing Berahino would potentially be a great move because he wont have to sit on the bench behind Kane. If we buy a traditional forward in the mould of Harry then we have two players going for one spot. If we buy Berahino he's versatility means he wont just fill in for Kane against lesser teams and through injuries, but both can be in the starting 11 at the same time.
That would kind of defeat the purpose of having a rested striker, if both play every game.

Was it just me, or did anyone else think that Pochettino was half-referring to Berahino when he made that statement about not signing players unless they have "the right profile". From what I can tell, the Pochettino "profile" means hard-working, fit players who are willing to set aside their ego in favour of team-unity.

Yeah, but he also compared buying a striker to falling in love, if I remember correctly - once you find the right person, you pursue that person no matter how long it may take, yada yada. If we were genuinely interested in Berahino (and it looks like we were judging by the evidence), we wouldn't give up five months after going in for him with such intensity. Or it could just be that the Sheriff of Murphy (I'm finding it increasingly hard to call Poch anything else now :p ) has extended his 'mastery of the language' deception to just being opaque as hell when he does say something to the media in any eventuality.

Two themes emerge from recent posts, both suggesting reasons why we won't pursue Berahino this window:

1. We bought Son and Clint so we don't need him; seeing as both transfers were done and dusted before last deadline day, and yet we still aggressively still went after Berahino, suggests otherwise

2. His latest shenanigans will put us off; we were ready to buy him last summer despite a drink drive offence... this will be peanuts in comparison, especially if we are actually egging him on behind the scenes.

The only thing that we stop Berahino putting on a Spurs shirt will be Peace and no one else

Two themes emerge from recent posts, both suggesting reasons why we won't pursue Berahino this window:

1. We bought Son and Clint so we don't need him; seeing as both transfers were done and dusted before last deadline day, and yet we still aggressively still went after Berahino, suggests otherwise

2. His latest shenanigans will put us off; we were ready to buy him last summer despite a drink drive offence... this will be peanuts in comparison, especially if we are actually egging him on behind the scenes.

The only thing that we stop Berahino putting on a Spurs shirt will be Peace and no one else

Cant disagree with a any of that. I think the thfc toe will be dipped into the water again.

Back