• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saha

well??

• I knew it

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I didnt see it coming

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I wanted Kaka or Leandro

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • bring back Ginger Pele

Votes: 13 20.6%

• Total voters
so utterly useless, no movement. Thought we played with a 6 man midfield in first half, he dropped so deep and was slow forward. Then Defoe came on, not any better, just the far on the other scale, incapable of link up play and passing.... we have one decent footballer as a striker, and that is Adebayor, a man who almost cant finish unless his life depended on it.... SERIOUS RELEGATION FEARS

Having players in their prime is better then buying them in at 18 and them sneaking off to Emirates Marketing Project when they're 21.

Whatever fans think of Redknapp's strengths and weaknesses is down to them but Redknapp has never thought long time planning with signings. The vast majority have been short stop buys , look at the players he has signed at all his clubs and they are usally stop gaps.

I don't know why we didn't start Defoe next to Saha last night - he is a much bigger attacking threat when he has someone else to work alongside. Saha is a good player, but last night was not to be. I'd rather see him on the pitch than Pavlyuchenko anyday. He may have played brick last night, but how many times did Pav produce such performances for us? Too many f*cking times.

Those clubs have young backup coming through. If king is out we play gallas, if friedel is out we play cudicini. If ade (not old but on a short term deal) is out we play Saha

Could you name arsenal Pool and Chelseas young back up plz (that are good enough)

Could you name arsenal Pool and Chelseas young back up plz (that are good enough)

Arsenal = considering Song, Wheelchair and Arteta are the starting 3 i'd say Ramsey is a good young back up player, Oxdale chamberlain is also very good, Diaby is decent too.

Chelsea= Lukaku and i can't really think of anyone else tbh.

Liverpool = Hmmmmm Spearing is ok i guess, Coates looks like he's gonna be pretty decent, does carrol count?

Arsenal = considering Song, Wheelchair and Arteta are the starting 3 i'd say Ramsey is a good young back up player, Oxdale chamberlain is also very good, Diaby is decent too.

Liverpool = Hmmmmm Spearing is ok i guess, Coates looks like he's gonna be pretty decent, does carrol count?

Chelsea - McCechran (sp?), Romeu and a young academy striker currently out on loan (name escapes me) are quite solid players

Not exactly miles behind are we

Even more bizzare is the fact Levy entertains this circus
Because he knows full well that Harry is gone at the end of the year, so he's hardly going to entrust him with a massive budget to buy players for the long term. He instead allowed Harry in his last season to sign 3 free players, one loanee and Parker for ?ú5m who was an excellent bit of business, while we've shipped out nearly ?ú30m of players this year. It all points to building a transfer budget to entice a big new manager in the summer and allow him to sign his own players (see: Torres, Fernando). I've been saying this from the start of the year.

Naughton and Caulker, out on loan, will be massive squad players to have next year.

Naughton, Caulker, Walker, Livermore, Sandro, Townsend, Rose, Ceballos, Falque, Coulibaly, Kane, Obika, Parett, Khumalo, Smith, Bostock, Mason

Yet people talk about an aging squad with no plans for the future.

Yeah, Id much rather have arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea's back up #-o

Naughton, Caulker, Walker, Livermore, Sandro, Townsend, Rose, Ceballos, Falque, Coulibaly, Kane, Obika, Parett, Khumalo, Smith, Bostock, Mason

Yet people talk about an aging squad with no plans for the future.

Yeah, Id much rather have arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea's back up #-o
I think the ones that aren't bolded stand very little chance of making it at Premier League level, but the rest are very exciting young players. Plus, as I said above, we do have the money to buy new young players, because Harry hasn't been given a budget to do that, so he's signed stop-gaps until he leaves and a new manager will have that money to spend.

My main point is that we have 14 youngsters either playing in the 1st team or out on loan somewhere, with bags of potential, and people are making out as if no one at the club has given our supposed aging squad a second thought.

Saha's New Book

Anybody gonna get it and tell us if it's good? lol

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thinking-In...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1336585222&sr=1-1

[h=2]Product Description[/h] [h=3]Review[/h] ''A gent on and off the field, Saha lays his life bare as he tackles all manner of topics with warmth and humour... A hit across the Channel, it's a refreshing read. 5*'' --Four Four Two Magazine

''A extraordinary memoir...Saha writes with unusual frankness, with intelligence and in polished prose'' --The Sunday Times

''An idiosyncratic, intriguing memoir.'' --The Daily Mail

[h=3]Product Description[/h] 'Thinking Inside The Box' is the sensational, thought-provoking book by France and Tottenham Hotspur football star Louis Saha. Published in France to widespread acclaim, it gives a unique, footballer's-eye view of life as a Premier League striker - from the glory, the riches and the fast cars to the pressure to win, the agonising injuries and the women who will do anything to bed a footballer!
Saha writes with great insight and humour, drawing on his own experiences - from his childhood in the notorious outer suburbs of Paris to starring for Manchester United in the Premier League and reaching the World Cup with France - and tackles heavyweight issues like racism, inflated player wages and media intrusion head-on.
Packed with insights, anecdotes and perceptive personal reflections, the book also contains the fascinating thoughts of numerous giants of the game who have granted Saha exclusive and incredibly revealing interviews - including a remarkable one to one with Sir Alex Ferguson and quotes from the likes of Zin?®dine Zidane, Thierry Henry, Phil Neville and many more. There is even a chapter written by Saha's wife, Aur?®lie, on life as a footballer's wife.
'Thinking Inside The Box' is a truly unique and exceptional football book.
Translated by Georgia De Chamberet.

Im reading Philippe Auclairs biography of Cantona at the moment. Fascinating book.

Cantona was turning up at pre season trainning with a tottenham shirt when he was playing at Montpellier.

Looks like it could be genuinely quite interesting. Not as if Saha has anything to hold back on really, with his career coming to an end. Would be good to get the inside view from a fairly average premier league player who has been about a fair bit.

Looks like it could be genuinely quite interesting. Not as if Saha has anything to hold back on really, with his career coming to an end. Would be good to get the inside view from a fairly average premier league player who has been about a fair bit.

Bit unkind there mate, at his best, Saha was very good, injuries did him in, not lack of talent or attitude.

Back