• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saha

well??

• I knew it

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I didnt see it coming

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I wanted Kaka or Leandro

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • bring back Ginger Pele

Votes: 13 20.6%

• Total voters
Serious question r.e. RW - is Bentley fit?

If so - could he really be any worse than the Croatian joker clown or even Gio?

He'd be worth a punt, walker could give pace on the overlap and one thing you can never take away from Bentley is that he can put a mean ball in the box. We've been getting alot of corners recently and it could make the difference between 0 and 3 points

For all the brick Bentley's swallowed over the years with us - his delivery was always solid and could (may be just) take half a decent corner the rest of those clowns seem unable to do

If he's match fit Arry would be a fool not to consider him for Saturday instead of forcing pub players to do impossible tasks such as run and pass at the same time.

Bottom line is - we replaced one brick striker with another of similar overall quality = pathetic and miopic for a team which (much like last season January) had a unique opportunity to consolidate its position and build upwards

Yet again - zero preparation, structure and outlook as far as transfers are concerned has landed us with two utterly brick players while we lost decent cover units

Worst of it all - he's preferred to our most in-form player and club top scorer. Baffling

Have to agree with this, Pav for all his faults is a far better player the Saha, What we are begining o see is the reality of the type of manager we have. Before anyone starts screaming kneejerk i have always said that Redknapp is a very limited manger and would only take us so far. His transfer dealing HAVE to improve if we are to stay where we are let alone push on.

I said this somewhere - he is a good finisher but what a very brick footballer. He MAY have been better in the past but thats in the fudgein past - it aint helping us now.

Our strikeforce needs an overhaul in the summer. I want good players up front. You can have a great midfield and great defence but goals win you fudgein games.

I said this somewhere - he is a good finisher but what a very brick footballer. He MAY have been better in the past but thats in the fudgein past - it aint helping us now.

Our strikeforce needs an overhaul in the summer. I want good players up front. You can have a great midfield and great defence but goals win you fudgein games.

Striker has been priority for years....but we all took our eye off the problem a bit cos of Ade. Yesterday rammed it home again.

What I dont get is why people are harping on about Pav.

Striker has been priority for years....but we all took our eye off the problem a bit cos of Ade. Yesterday rammed it home again.

What I dont get is why people are harping on about Pav.

I think because Pav is better than Saha - simples. I liked Pav, he had decent movement in the box and is a half decent finisher.

Saha is better than Pav. But both are fourth choice forwards. With Ade out and Defoe possibly not in the right frame of mind after Bolton, I don't disagree with the decision to play Saha and VDV up top. It was the correct logical decision. Unfortunately sometimes player performance cannot be legislated against.

Saha is better than Pav and gained us ?ú7m in Pav's sale. He's just a short term solution.

Exactly. Pav was brick and wanted out. Doing meaningful business in the January transfer window is rare. Getting rid of Pav was a good thing, but we needed something to tide us over until the Summer as a replacement.

I was a Pav lover and overlooked his limitations for a long time, but let's not rewrite history. He had one good game in every four, and in the end he had lost all interest really.
People tend to replay their Pav moments as a highlights reel in their mind but there is no denying when he was poor he was shocking.

Would I take him over Saha? Maybe as he scored some cracking goals but there is not a lot to choose between them in terms of overall productivity and end product. Saha is a punt that hasn't paid off.

Allow me to help you out, 1957

- Gallas - 34 year old semi-crock final lap deal - 2-year plug stop. Essentialy we got 1 effective season out of him but will end up paying 2 in wages and 3 if he refuses to leave in the summer. Fantastic

- Nelsen - 34 year old pub player, shockorama signing of note. Couldn't get a game in the bottom worst team in the PL this season. Good enough for ol' Arry, hey

- Saha - 33 year-old Moyes reject (says something in itself), inury prone and utterly poor goal return since Fulham a decade ago

- Friedel - 40 year old plug-stop gap - worked out well so far but not one for the future

- Parker - 31 - short term cover for Sandro - worked out well - not a long-term propsect

- Pienaar - 30 year old squad cover unit

Back