• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saha

well??

• I knew it

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I didnt see it coming

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I wanted Kaka or Leandro

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • bring back Ginger Pele

Votes: 13 20.6%

• Total voters
Was Pav was our last decent free-kick ?

Pav was our last sh#t striker, who did nothing for 70 minutes, but once every 6months scored goal of the year. Now he is the standing pillar which is going to be used to beat Saha around the head, and eventually blame his sale for not getting third.

Pav was our last sh#t striker, who did nothing for 70 minutes, but once every 6months scored goal of the year. Now he is the standing pillar which is going to be used to beat Saha around the head, and eventually blame his sale for not getting third.

Agreed Pav was not top notch be he did score goals on a fairly regular basis... I don't think his goal tally for time spent on the pitch is anything to be frowned upon ...Who's been better for us in that sense these past few seasons ?

Agreed Pav was not top notch be he did score goals on a fairly regular basis... I don't think his goal tally for time spent on the pitch is anything to be frowned upon ...Who's been better for us in that sense these past few seasons ?

Bottom line is - we replaced one brick striker with another of similar overall quality = pathetic and miopic for a team which (much like last season January) had a unique opportunity to consolidate its position and build upwards

Yet again - zero preparation, structure and outlook as far as transfers are concerned has landed us with two utterly brick players while we lost decent cover units

Worst of it all - he's preferred to our most in-form player and club top scorer. Baffling

@ ArnieArdiles

But people constantly moan about how a strikers job is not just scoring goals, and slate Defoe for that. Pav offered zero, and Ive seen many a game where he played like Saha last night.

Saha imo, has been used way too much. He should be back up, and some of the bile towards him is quite shocking. Pav would have us no better off. Neither are the answer, and its just so typical GG, to go back and start trying to insinuate that we shouldnt have sole Pav after all.

I think the 'bile' towards him is purely from his performance last night which was pretty shocking. I also don't think it's been that over the top, he looked very, very average and worse there wasn't much in the way of passion/commitment from him. Defoe came on and got stuck in, he didn't achieve much - but looked like he gave a brick.

I can understand the anger during the match, but to get up the next day and start typing some of that is uncalled for.

He shouldnt be first choice, and thats down to Harry. As for not looking like he gives a sh#t...? Did Berbatov?

Saha looks like that when he scores too.

Last night he was frustrated with his poor display, and it went from bad to worse. Im glad he was still applauded when he left the pitch, by the supporters.

Ok if our january transfer dealings were so bad then how come there were a maximum of around 3 posters that stated losing Pienaar was a blow at the time? 95% of the board didn't give a flying fudge about it at the time.

Nelsen i remember a lot were not happy and most didn't want to see Charlie go either. saha was around 60/40 in his favour as everyone was tired of Pavlychenko.

Losing Pienaar was quite frankly the most ridiculous decision this club has made in some time. Arry now has the nerve to tell us we're short of cover for Lennon when he was the one that gave the pienaar deal the go ahead.

Bottom line is - we replaced one brick striker with another of similar overall quality = pathetic and miopic for a team which (much like last season January) had a unique opportunity to consolidate its position and build upwards

Yet again - zero preparation, structure and outlook as far as transfers are concerned has landed us with two utterly brick players while we lost decent cover units

Worst of it all - he's preferred to our most in-form player and club top scorer. Baffling

This 100%

Losing Pienaar was quite frankly the most ridiculous decision this club has made in some time. Arry now has the nerve to tell us we're short of cover for Lennon when he was the one that gave the pienaar deal the go ahead.

The fact that we have to consider Pienaar as cover for Lennon is a worry because he is nothing like Lennon. How about we actually go buy another fukking winger so we have two battling for one position - like for like - not fukking rocket science

The fact that we have to consider Pienaar as cover for Lennon is a worry because he is nothing like Lennon. How about we actually go buy another fukking winger so we have two battling for one position - like for like - not fukking rocket science

This. We've been short on cover at the wing position for ages and whenever Bale or Lennon miss a game we invariably look a weaker side. Even though their squad is the weakest its been in years Fergie still makes sure that ManU have 3 top notch wingers (Nani, Young, Valencia) to give his side width and pace. We need to get Bentley, GDS and Pienaar off the wage bill and sign someone who has the ability to keep Lennon and Bale on their toes.

While I honestly dont rate Pienaar in a Spurs shirt at all, this is bang on the money. The only cover we had for Lennon (albeit not exactly great) and Redknapp signs him off to leave, ridiculous.

While I honestly dont rate Pienaar in a Spurs shirt at all, this is bang on the money. The only cover we had for Lennon (albeit not exactly great) and Redknapp signs him off to leave, ridiculous.

In hindsight this is correct, however at the time I wouldn't have expected Kranjcar to have metamorphosised into an athlete of Jabba the Hutt'esque proportions

In hindsight this is correct, however at the time I wouldn't have expected Kranjcar to have metamorphosised into an athlete of Jabba the Hutt'esque proportions

No not in hindsight. At the time it was painfully obvious we needed cover for lennon. Ok if you don't want to sign anyone then fair enough (still stupid imo) but to sell the only other alternative is an appalling decision. Then moan about not having cover afterwards? he's mocking us tbh.

Serious question r.e. RW - is Bentley fit?

If so - could he really be any worse than the Croatian joker clown or even Gio?

Back