• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

I genuinely dont see it.

His passing range is meh, his crossing poor, he can't dribble, he can't really beat a man. Defensively he's poor all around.

He can shoot and his has a good nose for sniffing out goal scoring chances for himself. So he's not hopeless but I really can't see the bags of ability when he's lacking in so many areas.

Again will love to be proven completely wrong but I honestly don't see it. I think fans want him to be something and so see something in him that really isn't there.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I believe his lack of end product is down to his doubt to do the defensive part of his job, instead of doing what he can do, he's so afraid of making a mistake. At Fulham and England teams he ran at players now his first thought is to play a safe ball. I wrote at the time we were always being liked with him that i thought he was never a fullback or even wingback but a wide midfield/forward.

We put him right wing one game, and it was the best I've ever seen him play for us.

His main ability is kinda like Dele Alli's he know's where to be at the right time, but like Alli it's not really an ability to build a team around, especially for what's meant to be a defensive player.

Get his head right an I think he's more like to come good playing from the right than anywhere else.

From your point of view can you coach someone to believe in themselves or is it you either have it or you don't

I know not aimed at me (and i've never worked in football). But i have managed people. Everyone is unique. Different motivations. Different personalities. Different backgrounds. Different things going on in their lives. Some may focus on the problems rather than the solutions. You can offer all the support in the world. But they are the only ones that can control their thinking.

Sometimes. They just need a change. New environment. New start.

Is he made from glass, getting injured a lot, a fragile mind, that previous managers, broke him. with an arm around his shoulder, and not over training him. what are the chances he will come good?

Is he made from glass, getting injured a lot, a fragile mind, that previous managers, broke him. with an arm around his shoulder, and not over training him. what are the chances he will come good?

I wouldn't be surprised to hear him come out one day about how our club doctors/Conte delaying an op etc ruined his career. I hope he can get fit, get a move and find a place to go play regularly somewhere and start enjoying his football

He may find a new lease of life, but TBH I think his body just seems to be holding him back and subsequently he seems to have gone into abit of a shell.

From your point of view can you coach someone to believe in themselves or is it you either have it or you don't

The simple answer is yes, however it all depends on the player and he has to take it on board. I knew the coaches who worked with him at Fulham and they said he was always quite but they said on the pitch he was in his element and his talent was undeniable. When you see him play now he looks like he lacks the confidence to express himself, he has had a few problems on the injury front so that may be on the back of his mind when he gets on the pitch.

He is 23 now and you would hope that he has grown mentality wise but as we can see he looks unsure of himself at times. Who knows but the talent is there and lets hope he can bring it to the fore again whether its here or somewhere else. It is a real shame because he was really rated by the coaches who worked with him at Fulham.

If anyone can instil confidence in Sess, it is Ange, because Ange says "always go for it, always go forwards, never be shy, always go for it, and if it doesn't work out you can blame me, as long as you really went for it"

That is perfect for Sess, if he truly wants it. Last chance for him, before sliding down the pyramid.

Back