• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

I've seen skill but no desire or killer instinct, I'd make it clear to him he has the rest of the season to save his career here otherwise he's out of the door.
Good points and i do not really disagree. however as said before he does seem to lack confidence in his ability and with all the other problems ( injurys,illness) it has influenced his performances. IF he can get fully fit he could live up to the reputation he had before he came here.

Good points and i do not really disagree. however as said before he does seem to lack confidence in his ability and with all the other problems ( injurys,illness) it has influenced his performances. IF he can get fully fit he could live up to the reputation he had before he came here.

I dont think we have a strong enough squad to carry players, I'm sorry for his injuries but to reach the top you need to have self belief and he appears to lack it.

According to Wikipedia he only played 15 league games that season.
And the win % with him playing was?
We, as fans, love to revisit players and make them sound better or worse
We made a joke today in the ground that it can’t be long until the reception of Tanguy starts again …

But I’ll say again, because some of our fans were there. That season he played really well when he played in most games

He pocketed salah at Anfield and assisted sons goal

Leeds away was a great one
He played well when we beat Arsenal too

He made 13 starts in the Premier League that season (2021/22), all of them after December 19. We won 7, drew 3, lost 3. Can probably add Norwich H (3-0) to that when he came on after 22 minutes. The other was Leeds H (2-1), coming on in the 79th minute: https://thfcdb.com/people/ryan-sess...=2023-12-24&page=1&limit=25&orderBy=date desc

I like Sess and hope he can get over this latest injury and be of use to Ange. Otherwise, he'll be gone next summer.

We, as fans, love to revisit players and make them sound better or worse
We made a joke today in the ground that it can’t be long until the reception of Tanguy starts again …

But I’ll say again, because some of our fans were there. That season he played really well when he played in most games

He pocketed salah at Anfield and assisted sons goal

Leeds away was a great one
He played well when we beat Arsenal too
This pocketing of Salah thing you keep bringing up is funny. Salah was specifically in poor form at the time, he was being pocketed in many games at the time so you're using 1 performance as something bigger than it was. Also I've seen flipping Alan Hutton pocket Cristiano Ronaldo in his prime, yet he was an awful, awful defender. One off matches don't mean much I'm sorry.

The reputation he had before joing us was an attacking LW who scored goals from the left hand side. We've always tried to play him as a LB or LWB. He's not suited to that role imo, possibly the inverted role will breathe some life into him as it gets him closer to the area of the pitch he was once effective in.

This pocketing of Salah thing you keep bringing up is funny. Salah was specifically in poor form at the time, he was being pocketed in many games at the time so you're using 1 performance as something bigger than it was. Also I've seen flipping Alan Hutton pocket Cristiano Ronaldo in his prime, yet he was an awful, awful defender. One off matches don't mean much I'm sorry.
But the post above talks about 15 matches
And that season salah win the golden boot and player of the year (writers)
The talk around sess reminds me of the talk around Lo Celso

Last edited:
The reputation he had before joing us was an attacking LW who scored goals from the left hand side. We've always tried to play him as a LB or LWB. He's not suited to that role imo, possibly the inverted role will breathe some life into him as it gets him closer to the area of the pitch he was once effective in.
Funnily enough, we could do with a proper left winger at the moment…

But the post above talks about 15 matches
And that season salah win the golden boot and player of the year (writers)
The talk around sess reminds me of the talk around Lo Celso
I remember at the time it was the same season that Son caught Salah to get the joint golden boot. This only happened because in the last 10 or so games of the season Salah was in a bit of a form funk. The same time period when we played them, that's why I'm saying don't get too attached to him keeping Salah quiet, he wasn't the only one doing it at that time.

And as I said Hutton kept CR7 quiet right in his pomp, but he was dog brick. One off matches don't mean a great deal.

And LoCelso has had faaaar more good games for us than Sessengnon.

As is said I'm hopeful that the Inverted role does something for him (I have my doubts) or maybe he just plays LW but I disagree with the idea that at any time he has had a period of consistent even good performances.

I remember at the time it was the same season that Son caught Salah to get the joint golden boot. This only happened because in the last 10 or so games of the season Salah was in a bit of a form funk. The same time period when we played them, that's why I'm saying don't get too attached to him keeping Salah quiet, he wasn't the only one doing it at that time.

And as I said Hutton kept CR7 quiet right in his pomp, but he was dog brick. One off matches don't mean a great deal.

And LoCelso has had faaaar more good games for us than Sessengnon.

As is said I'm hopeful that the Inverted role does something for him (I have my doubts) or maybe he just plays LW but I disagree with the idea that at any time he has had a period of consistent even good performances.

He needs to change some things
His head and his heart
He needs to play though pain and he needs to believe in his ability

When conte backed him he played really well and the result showed it even if our fans didn’t see it

When conte micro managed him and stopped him doing anything attacking it killed his game and I’d say his confidence (if he has any)

He ain’t going to displace any to our starters for sure. Well he may, but that can only be for negative reasons worryingly

But he hasn’t had a chance under Ange yet. Let’s see how he reacts under a quality coach who backs his players rather than cripples team

Care to name them?
I’m contes top 4 season he was first choice
We won a lot and played really well
He played and started every game when fit
Which his good games or his poor games, honestly I can only remember him playing a memorable game against Liverpool, Woolwich and I think it was Leeds, I suppose people are happy to keep seeing him and Lo Celso being give an other chance in the hope that they might come good, I think they have had enough and want to see our team improvement carrying on with fitter, stronger players with the will to play, they have both been here for 4 years and would anyone honestly want them to be in the starting line up if everyone was fit?

He needs to change some things
His head and his heart
He needs to play though pain and he needs to believe in his ability

When conte backed him he played really well and the result showed it even if our fans didn’t see it

When conte micro managed him and stopped him doing anything attacking it killed his game and I’d say his confidence (if he has any)

He ain’t going to displace any to our starters for sure. Well he may, but that can only be for negative reasons worryingly

But he hasn’t had a chance under Ange yet. Let’s see how he reacts under a quality coach who backs his players rather than cripples team

Circular conversation with this kid

- Can't stay fit
- Lost at least 3 years of development time
- Isn't going to displace Udogie

Best for all if he just gets fit, finds a new club

- Can't stay fit

Or he gets fit
Learns to plant Ange ball under a proper coach
And we have a genuine alternative to Destiny
It’s a huge issue who we cover the full backs
More so than than any other position IMO
You could see yesterday what royal was trying when going into midfield, but you can also see his limitations
If sess can be an option it’s a problem solved

- Can't stay fit

Best if he just gets fit so Ange can take a proper look at him. If he doesn’t impress then absolutely he should be off and no doubt would be.

I’d definitely not write him off until I’ve seen him play under this manager, in this role though.

Back