• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

I like Mason, and I'd keep him to cover for Ali. We need to bring in a player (or players) to cover for Dier/Dembele though. They must be physical beasts, because with how we press/push up, the size/speed/strength of Dier and Dembele seems to be able to eat up the pitch if the opposition break through our initial press. We need another player who can come in and maintain that level.

I like Mason, and I'd keep him to cover for Ali. We need to bring in a player (or players) to cover for Dier/Dembele though. They must be physical beasts, because with how we press/push up, the size/speed/strength of Dier and Dembele seems to be able to eat up the pitch if the opposition break through our initial press. We need another player who can come in and maintain that level.

Wanyama? Or not good enough?

Not going to spacegoat him because we don't cover ourselves in glory today as a whole, but I still don't think he's good enough, along with Carroll and Bentaleb (from those 3, I would keep Mason).

We still need at least 3-4 players to ensure we challenge again next season.

I think his signing would make a lot of sense.

I think at IF Soton would sell to us, we would be in. I think we should also watch Kante's buyout clause as I can see him on the 'shock' radar. Wanyama makes more sense to me though due to his history with Poch.

He saved us being last man at the back at one point sliding in to stop tadic.
Pretty easy to escaped goat a player who has just come into the side.
The reality is half the team were poor today.

I love the ridiculousness of a guy sitting thousands of miles away complaining about a local homegrown player.

I think Mason has been unlucky this year and is absolutely a player who, when fit and playing regularly, is far better than we have recently seen.

As for the last comment...no need for that whatsoever, aside from the fact it really means nowt.

I still see Ryan Mason as a 10. He just doesn't have the defensive nous or presence to carry off that midfield role as effectively as we need.

Didn't see the game but the issue with back up is that they still need a handful of starts to keep fitness and familiarity with the team. He's probably not started more than 5 games in last 2/3 months and was injured earlier in the season, harsh to judge but on the other hand we have had back up come in in such a situation play well and seal a place in the team.

I still see Ryan Mason as a 10. He just doesn't have the defensive nous or presence to carry off that midfield role as effectively as we need.
I think his best performance of the season was against Sunderland when he played as an attacking midfielder and even scored a goal.

I thought Wanyama was invisible today yet his stats were very very good
I thought he was very good.... Despite all of our possession we didn't create much at all. I thought his positional play was just about flawless and he generally used the ball well. IMO he would be a proper, viable alternative to Dier, a challenger to his first team place as opposed to a mere back-up player.

I thought he was very good.... Despite all of our possession we didn't create much at all. I thought his positional play was just about flawless and he generally used the ball well. IMO he would be a proper, viable alternative to Dier, a challenger to his first team place as opposed to a mere back-up player.

Sit in front of the back 4, dont give our attacking players room, distribute the ball to those with more technical ability when required.

He absolutely did what was required of him.

Wanyama as an alternative to Dier would be a sensible move, imo, knows the league and has worked under our manager before so should settle in quite well - isn't his contract running down too? could be got at a decent price too id imagine

id be tempted to play Carroll over Mason at CM, keeps and recycles possession much better which is where i think we lost hold of the game yesterday

Compare him to Dembele and he appears to get run over physically. He was ok yesterday, did some nice things with the ball but when he turns over possession he doesn't appear to have the physical attributes to get back into position to win it back quickly. That's why Southampton got turned and in at our back 4 a few times. I agree he might be better higher up.

Not going to escaped goat him because we don't cover ourselves in glory today as a whole, but I still don't think he's good enough, along with Carroll and Bentaleb (from those 3, I would keep Mason).

We still need at least 3-4 players to ensure we challenge again next season.
I agree with the highlighted part. Bentaleb is the one I'd keep. He's youngest, and as far as I have seen, has the highest potential, and looks the most versatile of the three.

Mason is a weak link and that sounds harsh but we are talking levels now, where we are and what we need to get to the next level, also taking into account the big clubs will improve.

Wanyama as an alternative to Dier would be a sensible move, imo, knows the league and has worked under our manager before so should settle in quite well - isn't his contract running down too? could be got at a decent price too id imagine

id be tempted to play Carroll over Mason at CM, keeps and recycles possession much better which is where i think we lost hold of the game yesterday
recycles possession? Another stupid term introduced by some "expert" pundit. How does anyone "recycle" possession?

Back