• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rule changes in football

Rules changes that are running away with themselves now and the games become longer with less football being played. Simplified is better. This is just getting out of control now IMO.

"They can't handle VAR"

"Let's give them blue cards now to manage"

Makes sense
This is IMO the single biggest reason why football is the world's most popular sport: Its simplicity.

I do get the need for some sort of extra punishment for cynical fouls though, and at least this is an idea that could work to iron them out. Sin bins works well in other sports.

I get your worry about adding too many rules, and how that could affect the game. Most people, I think, would agree it's not as much about the rules as it is about the consistency in how they're enforced.

I dont mind the sin bin idea for football. In rugby it's usually issued for violent / dangerous play. So whilst you let your side down for a few minutes it's a big boys punishment.

In football the player will have to sit there in shame ... in full view of millions watching ... for tripping someone up who was probably mid-dive anyway, or calling the ref a prick.

While wearing this...

il_300x300.4958402418_azt2.jpg

I'm in.

This is IMO the single biggest reason why football is the world's most popular sport: Its simplicity.

I do get the need for some sort of extra punishment for cynical fouls though, and at least this is an idea that could work to iron them out. Sin bins works well in other sports.

I get your worry about adding too many rules, and how that could affect the game. Most people, I think, would agree it's not as much about the rules as it is about the consistency in how they're enforced.

I think you just book them out the game though and inforce the fact it won't be tolerated, managers and data and everyone else will create work arounds to use the sin bins to their advantage. They have done it with VAR and handballs IMO.

Get to the core of the problem and not creating masking agents that kick the can down the road

I like sin bins. You could just do it with any yellow card = sin bin for 10 minutes.
Currently there is almost no penalty for a yellow, so teams share out cynical fouls to stop the better players flourishing e.g. Maddison. This sin bin will stop that. It will make fair players and flair players flourish, which is what we all want to see, rather than fouls stopping the game all the time.

Maybe sin bin for tactical fouls could hit us hard. We play a high line and so are more susceptible to the counter. Such a scenario is the most likely time that a cynical foul will be utilised to stop the breakaway. So we’ll have to find a way to combat it. At least we have VDV I guess.

Meanwhile those sides that sit deep with everyone behind the ball will rarely find themselves losing players to the sin bin. Hopefully this won’t encourage teams to sit back except to counter so as to rely on possibly gaining a numerical advantage when the opponent, who has been drawn to push forward, gets penalised for a foul to stop a breakaway.

Still football like life will evolve and we all just need to keep with it. Could be more goals scored when teams lose a player to the sin bin, that could make the game more exciting.

The greatest game in the world ( football) and you get these macarons who think they have a good idea, first Varse and now blue cards,

Their job is to come up with ideas. It's what they are paid for. They have to come up with something. Good or bad. It's the idiots in charge that go with the idea that is the problem.

Here's a wacky idea instead of sin bin, rule that all players of offending team must be 10 yards behind the ball from the free kick point.

Last edited:
Precisely why they'll go all out to kill the game for that 10 minutes.

But my point was that yes, they will do that but if they’re winning then they can do that anyway. At least if they have had a player sent to the sin bin then they’ll have one less player to defend.

Who the fvck is this guy? He knows whats what! Watch all, but particularly from 0.49 onwards.

I think I want to have his babies........
I don't think 'blue cards and sin bins ' will 'destroy the game'....or is that clickbait headline?

Back