• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rule changes in football

I guess you’re programming it to know interfering or not interfering with play as well, not sure how easy that is? Otherwise there’s going to be a hell of a lot more offside calls if the AI flag goes up whenever a player is in an offside position.

Not against it by the way just not sure how it would work with current rules and so much left to interpretation.
I'd guess only 10% of offsides require interference or intent input from the ref ,(ie subjective).

The rest are the straightforward line calls. (Objective)

I guess you’re programming it to know interfering or not interfering with play as well, not sure how easy that is? Otherwise there’s going to be a hell of a lot more offside calls if the AI flag goes up whenever a player is in an offside position.

Not against it by the way just not sure how it would work with current rules and so much left to interpretation.
Probably don't need to do that. Ref can just have a watch buzzer for offside like they already do.

The buzz tells them the player was offside, they then decide whether to stop play for it.

Premier League statement​

Thu 11 April 2024, 13:40|Tottenham Hotspur

The Premier League today (Thursday 11 April) confirmed that Semi-Automated Offside Technology will be introduced to the competition in the 2024/25 season.
Here is the statement from the Premier League in full...

Premier League statement​

At a Premier League Shareholders’ meeting today, clubs unanimously agreed to the introduction of Semi-Automated Offside Technology.
The new system will be used for the first time in the Premier League next season, and it is anticipated the technology will be ready to be introduced after one of the autumn international breaks.
The technology will provide quicker and consistent placement of the virtual offside line, based on optical player tracking, and will produce high-quality broadcast graphics to ensure an enhanced in-stadium and broadcast experience for supporters.

So being introduced at some point after the start of the season.
Watch us have a critical goal incorrectly chalked off for offside the week before the new tech is deployed!

I like this, it was really good in the world cup and kept games running pretty smoothly. The decisions were out within a few seconds.

FA cup changes are good both for the Cup and to cut fixture congestion.

No replays and the final before the league climax.

Also all FA cup games at the weekend.

Its a shame for non league, I know a couple of clubs that are surviving now of the back of 1st round replays against bigger clubs 10 years on.

Didn't they used to allow the ground to be switched if it was a much bigger team? Both teams get equal share of the gate receipts, so that would do.

Its a shame for non league, I know a couple of clubs that are surviving now of the back of 1st round replays against bigger clubs 10 years on.

Most non league replays would be against Little Town fc in front of 150 fans 100 miles from home.

Most non league replays would be against Little Town fc in front of 150 fans 100 miles from home.

Not in rounds 1 and 2 they wouldn't, PL clubs don't even enter till the later rounds anyway so they could have kept them in.

I have mates that played against Port Vale, Carlisle and Luton and it changed the course of their career and the clubs they played for on the away gate split.

These new rules are a joke, especially as the whole make up of the FA Cup is supposed to be around the fact that clubs from way on down the pyramid enter into it.

Easily could have kept it to rounds 1 and 2 and then phased them out in round 3 when PL clubs come in, if thats such an issue

Not in rounds 1 and 2 they wouldn't, PL clubs don't even enter till the later rounds anyway so they could have kept them in.

I have mates that played against Port Vale, Carlisle and Luton and it changed the course of their career and the clubs they played for on the away gate split.

These new rules are a joke, especially as the whole make up of the FA Cup is supposed to be around the fact that clubs from way on down the pyramid enter into it.

Easily could have kept it to rounds 1 and 2 and then phased them out in round 3 when PL clubs come in, if thats such an issue

Yeah have the first couple of rounds have replays. They're not struggling with fixture congestion.

That will still happen.

they should do the draw as normal, but have it set that the club lower in the pyramid at the time of the draw is the home team

they should do the draw as normal, but have it set that the club lower in the pyramid at the time of the draw is the home team
Most of those clubs lower in the pyramid would want the opposite. Play away at the bigger stadium and take the pay day by sharing the revenue.

Last edited:
yeah I guess

wouldn't work in the latter rounds when its PL heavy though
Yeah, it would only be if there was a large gap between the two clubs’ standings in the pyramid. If the clubs are closer in league position then they’d want home advantage for sure.

The draw's made and the club in the lower division makes the choice of venue. Ebbsfleet vs a London premier League Club, what they gonna choose? Payday/day out for fans or the possibility of home advantage seeing them progress, and a fourth round tie against Dover?

Replays are a bit of my favourite buttplug anyway and have been for decades.

Better distribution of finance through the pyramid should be done strategically, not by lottery. Cup draw windfalls are a bit of a 'levelling up fund' plaster to treat a decapitation.

Back