• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

rSol

I'm guessing this is the thread for it. I just got called a racist on another sports related forum for dare suggesting that we should tread carefully if we (afl) are looking to sign a young aboriginal lad who has had older brothers play professional sports and fail because of ill discipline.

I think that this discussion is probably better placed in random but if you are arguing that Aboriginal players should be treated differently than players from other ethnic backgrounds then that does sound like a racist comment to me.

Reactions: DTA
I think that this discussion is probably better placed in random but if you are arguing that Aboriginal players should be treated differently than players from other ethnic backgrounds then that does sound like a racist comment to me.

No, you're thinking like Sol. You missed the word "brothers" (meant in the sense of a sibling). What you've done is assumed to extrapolate it over an entire race. Does that make me the racist, or you? (not having a go)

Put it in a football context. We're looking at buying a young player. His older brother is Nile Ranger. If I say we should look closer at Ranger Jr and tread carefully because of his family name, is that racist?

What if it was Joey Barton's brother?

No, you're thinking like Sol. You missed the word "brothers" (meant in the sense of a sibling). What you've done is assumed to extrapolate it over an entire race. Does that make me the racist, or you? (not having a go)

Put it in a football context. We're looking at buying a young player. His older brother is Nile Ranger. If I say we should look closer at Ranger Jr and tread carefully because of his family name, is that racist?

What if it was Joey Barton's brother?

I think that you have misconstrued what I was saying, I had assumed that you meant siblings and replied as such.

If you are suggesting that Aboriginal siblings (or the Ranger brothers) should be treated differently because of their race then I think that is a racist thing to say.

If on the otherhand you are saying that clubs ought to be careful when considering signing the younger brother of a player who has had discipline problems, that would not be a racist thing to say.

Option 2 is what I explicitly said. Option 1 was what I got accused of saying. Because Sol Campbell.

CCoVYrtW4AA_8VE.jpg:large

I think a few weeks backs there was a report that a study (or something) showed that there was a very low voting turnout amongst the Black African/Carribean community. Apparently electoral apathy amongst the general population is very muh more stark in this group.
The report said that in some key marginals a higher turnout in this group could make a significant difference to which party wins the seat and the overall election result, to the point that a clear majority could be the result for Labour, the Tories and perhaps even the Lib Dems could have a bigger say, even if they do not get an overall majority. Hence opartion Black Vote.

However, I find the rSol picture in VERY poor taste indeed!

I'm a positive happy chap in life which I hugely enjoy, there isn't many people I hate, but I truely hate this odious self publicising cretin with every ounce of passion I have in my body

He appeared in that ad with David Harewood, who I genuinely like as an actor and representative of Birmingham, his hometown. Why. :(

Back