• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

Why not someone actually good though, like Mahrez or Bernardo Silva?

It isn't 2002 anymore. We can be a bit more discerning.
What makes you think Mahrez is good enough - Only one good season - he was shocking this year even in their upturn. If we are talking about being more discerning this is just as much of a punt as Barkley and Zaha (in fact Zaha would be less)

Erisken Alli or son

I rate him highly but I would certainly would not be keen on playing him ahead of Dele as I will be expecting about 20 league goals from him next season while I see Silva more of a play maker.

Sure he would be an excellent signing for us Unfortunately, I feel it will be a moot point as I expect richer teams to blow us out of the water with their financial package. Why come to Spurs for about £70K when you can get between £150-200K somewhere else?

I know we are building a new stadium but that wage ceiling is going to hinder us.

He does that then disasters and gets dropped

and then repeat

Because of his age and potential I think under the right tutelage (Poch) he could develop into a quality player. Sure he might get more somewhere but with Kane, Walker, Rose (when fit), Trippier and Dier all in the England squad Barkley should note the pattern and realise how these players are all improving under Poch

I rate him highly but I would certainly would not be keen on playing him ahead of Dele as I will be expecting about 20 league goals from him next season while I see Silva more of a play maker.

Sure he would be an excellent signing for us Unfortunately, I feel it will be a moot point as I expect richer teams to blow us out of the water with their financial package. Why come to Spurs for about £70K when you can get between £150-200K somewhere else?

I know we are building a new stadium but that wage ceiling is going to hinder us.

If richer teams want to take Barkley for more money, please do.

If he has any chance of true success, he needs a coach that is going to help him, he doesn't have it in himself and in a City/Cheat$ki/United he'll rot in the reserves.

If richer teams want to take Barkley for more money, please do.

If he has any chance of true success, he needs a coach that is going to help him, he doesn't have it in himself and in a City/Cheat$ki/United he'll rot in the reserves.

My comments that you quoted and responded to are not about Barkley, they are in response to comments made by @Bedfordspurs above who was talking about Bernard O'Silva

With regards to Barkley if we make a bidI could see him choosing us ahead of richer teams because I think he has seen what Poch has done for the likes of Rose, Walker, Kane, Dele, Dier and now Trippier

More because no richer teams would be interested. He's a midtable player

Back