• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rooney ,wants out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the manager were on a long term contract i would agree with you. If not then it's not worth the trouble it cause in the long term.

Which as i recall is your opinion on Harry, who was clearly a good manager.

Sorry man, cant remember what I said on Harry.

I loved Harry, dont think they really gave him the money because they wanted him out. Which is fair enough, because, time will tell, maybe getting AVB was a genuis idea. We`ll soon find out.

Hmm, I'd love him here, he's a winner, no way we could afford him though and I can't see him going to a non CL team.

The more I think about it the more I think he might end up at arsenal, he's exactly what they need.

Rooney's an amazing player, I'd say he's underrated if anything.

Underrated by who exactly?

For a long time he was mentioned by the British press at least as clearly one of the absolute best players in the league and some even talked about him as the third best player in the world.

I think RvP has shown just how that made him overrated by them at least. Excellent player for sure, but for me at least there are several better players just in the PL.

So does Rooney when he plays as a #9. 34 in 44 the two seasons he's played as the main striker. He has a lot more to his game and added versatility, Van Persie is just a striker.

So does Rooney when he plays as a #9. 34 in 44 the two seasons he's played as the main striker. He has a lot more to his game and added versatility, Van Persie is just a striker.

I can see where you`re coming from. Rooney for us would be amazing, as good as signing you`ll get. He has skills, he can pass, he is hard, can play as a number 10, up front. You wouldnt get better than Rooney for us.

No way I'd take Rooney over RVP. If we had RVP in this current side this season, 2nd would have been ours +probably a cup

Rooney (again) is a very good player, but I could name a few players in the PL I would take before Rooney for Spurs

I think that the only reason he is on £200k a week is because Man Utd could not afford to lose another player to Emirates Marketing Project at that time. I do not think that he is worth the money that he is paid and cannot imagine that he would consider taking a pay cut at his next club.

My problem with Rooney is that he doesn't stick to what the manager tells him. He's more concerned about chasing the ball than worrying about tactics or making runs/taking up good positions (not saying he never does that though).

My problem with Rooney is that he doesn't stick to what the manager tells him. He's more concerned about chasing the ball than worrying about tactics or making runs/taking up good positions (not saying he never does that though).

I agree completely. If he doesn't see the ball, he goes chasing it and if he still doesn't see the ball, he starts kicking people. For all his natural talent, he has no football brain.

He's got an oversized ego and thinks he needs to earn top dollar and play all games when his form (and physique) is making him look like he's past his best.
Will need a total overhaul of the person spiritiually, psychologically and physically to turn him around now. No time to think about hair transplants and sexy grannies now.

Rooney's an amazing player, I'd say he's underrated if anything.

Agreed, as someone else said he's very good at everything (except maybe fitness) but not quite good enough to be considered among the greatest in the world. No shame in that.

Can play the creative or goalscoring role up front. RVP is a similar player but a bit better with better fitness and mentality. So Rooney's had to play second fiddle this season to one of the best players in the world. Considering he's younger than RVP United could come to regret selling him if they do.

People seem to say he's overrated because he once was a bit overrated. Now he's underrated with everyone saying he's overrated.

The only reason the press have made such a huge thing of this for half the season is because Rooney is "England's great hope"...

Virtually all Real Madrid's chances in the first leg against United came due to Rooney's failings... Welbeck and Giggs did far better jobs in 2 of the positions Rooney was considered for and Nani got selected to play on the other flank. If you can't compete against a 50 year old Giggs, Welbeck and fudging Nani, you can't really command wages or a transfer fee of one of the best players in the world.

Rooney is a streaky striker, he seems to only score for half of most seasons even if he doesn't get injured. I remember reading Redcafe a couple of years ago on one of Rooney's barren runs and seeing 80% of them agree that he will at one point during every season go through a stage of being less clinical than Heskey.

As far as his future goes, if United say "ok, you can leave, we'll accept a bid of 35-40 million", I'm not sure what sort of clubs will come in for him.

Running down a list of possibles:

Barca - too expensive, not technically good enough and too inconsistent... They don't need a huge name to be a backup to Messi anyway, they have issues in other areas of the pitch that need attention, even if they do have to replace Villa.

Bayern Munich - They just bought Gotze for less than Rooney would cost. They're looking likely to get Lewandowski for far cheaper than Rooney would cost. I can't see Guardiola considering Rooney for anything other than the #9 position and though Rooney on form could play that position, when he's out of form and loses most of his technical ability I think Guardiola wouldn't have the patience to do what Fergie does and try to shoehorn Rooney in the team to regain form. I don't think Rooney would be a starter and why spend that much money on another non starter?

Real Madrid - Without knowing who will manage there next year, it's hard to say. Real Madrid could get far more clinical strikers for Rooney for cheaper. Rooney's problem again is that he'd only really be considered for the number 9 position. I don't see why anyone would pay 35-40 mil for a player that is nowhere near the level that a 35-40 mil striker should be at.

Dortmund - Too expensive by far.

PSG - A good fit, especially if big nose leaves. I haven't watched them that much in the league this year, but from the few times I have and the matches I've seen of theirs in the CL, they could use someone of Rooney's talents. In addition to the amazing young players they have, they also went for Beckham, so they don't mind getting publicity even if it means paying for a big name instead of going for a value for money option instead.

Italy - To be honest I don't know how the teams there are coping with FFP... The Milan sides have obviously not coped well and don't seem like they have very much money to spend. Napoli look like they're replacing one of the best forwards in the world with a 9 million player, so it doesn't look like there is that much money in Italy... Juve are going to get Llorente and there are rumours of Ibra too.

Emirates Marketing Project - If there is a team that has liked to spend a lot of money on an English player in the recent past, City is that team. They were looking at better striking options than Rooney, but he could play off the striker for them too and even in the "wide" positions for them. They might change the way they throw money at their playing staff due to FFP, but in the past they haven't minded paying huge wages... So they have to ask themselves 2 questions: Will spending a lorryload of money on Rooney prevent them from signing a better player for possibly less money? The second question is simply whether trading 35 million or so for Rooney would be strengthening or weaking United. Of course simply subtracting Rooney from United weakens them, but if City take Rooney but fund the majority of Falcao's transfer for United, that's not really weakening United.

Chelsea - No. Simply doesn't fit. If they get some very strange manager then there might be a chance but Chelsea transfers in recent years haven't really worked like that anyway. Chelsea have an insane amount of number 10s, if they use Rooney as a number 9 and possibly wide sometimes. After Shevchenko and Torres, I think they're more likely to sign Falcao than Rooney if they do want to sign a big player. If they get their fingers burned constantly when it comes to strikers they're going to suffer when it comes to FFP. They can't just afford a swing and a miss all the time... But most importantly, Liverpool managed to blow most of their Torres money on Andy Carroll. I don't think Chelsea can risk strengthening United by paying too much for Rooney.

So what does that leave? Monaco? Russia?

I'd rather sign Tevez than Rooney, half the transfer fee, half the wages... I think most of the top clubs would rather do that too. Tevez did say that he would return to South America at the end of his career though, so City might end up letting him go for free in the end.

Anyway, my point was, if United say "ok, go" and Rooney gets no offers, they win because his contract won't be as high as last time and he can't pull this brick every time he wants to talk about his contract.... If they do get a good offer, they win too.

how can van persie be just a striker when he started his arsenal career as a number 10 or wing forward?

The only reason the press have made such a huge thing of this for half the season is because Rooney is "England's great hope"...

Virtually all Real Madrid's chances in the first leg against United came due to Rooney's failings... Welbeck and Giggs did far better jobs in 2 of the positions Rooney was considered for and Nani got selected to play on the other flank. If you can't compete against a 50 year old Giggs, Welbeck and fudging Nani, you can't really command wages or a transfer fee of one of the best players in the world.

Rooney is a streaky striker, he seems to only score for half of most seasons even if he doesn't get injured. I remember reading Redcafe a couple of years ago on one of Rooney's barren runs and seeing 80% of them agree that he will at one point during every season go through a stage of being less clinical than Heskey.

As far as his future goes, if United say "ok, you can leave, we'll accept a bid of 35-40 million", I'm not sure what sort of clubs will come in for him.

Running down a list of possibles:

Barca - too expensive, not technically good enough and too inconsistent... They don't need a huge name to be a backup to Messi anyway, they have issues in other areas of the pitch that need attention, even if they do have to replace Villa.

Bayern Munich - They just bought Gotze for less than Rooney would cost. They're looking likely to get Lewandowski for far cheaper than Rooney would cost. I can't see Guardiola considering Rooney for anything other than the #9 position and though Rooney on form could play that position, when he's out of form and loses most of his technical ability I think Guardiola wouldn't have the patience to do what Fergie does and try to shoehorn Rooney in the team to regain form. I don't think Rooney would be a starter and why spend that much money on another non starter?

Real Madrid - Without knowing who will manage there next year, it's hard to say. Real Madrid could get far more clinical strikers for Rooney for cheaper. Rooney's problem again is that he'd only really be considered for the number 9 position. I don't see why anyone would pay 35-40 mil for a player that is nowhere near the level that a 35-40 mil striker should be at.

Dortmund - Too expensive by far.

PSG - A good fit, especially if big nose leaves. I haven't watched them that much in the league this year, but from the few times I have and the matches I've seen of theirs in the CL, they could use someone of Rooney's talents. In addition to the amazing young players they have, they also went for Beckham, so they don't mind getting publicity even if it means paying for a big name instead of going for a value for money option instead.

Italy - To be honest I don't know how the teams there are coping with FFP... The Milan sides have obviously not coped well and don't seem like they have very much money to spend. Napoli look like they're replacing one of the best forwards in the world with a 9 million player, so it doesn't look like there is that much money in Italy... Juve are going to get Llorente and there are rumours of Ibra too.

Emirates Marketing Project - If there is a team that has liked to spend a lot of money on an English player in the recent past, City is that team. They were looking at better striking options than Rooney, but he could play off the striker for them too and even in the "wide" positions for them. They might change the way they throw money at their playing staff due to FFP, but in the past they haven't minded paying huge wages... So they have to ask themselves 2 questions: Will spending a lorryload of money on Rooney prevent them from signing a better player for possibly less money? The second question is simply whether trading 35 million or so for Rooney would be strengthening or weaking United. Of course simply subtracting Rooney from United weakens them, but if City take Rooney but fund the majority of Falcao's transfer for United, that's not really weakening United.

Chelsea - No. Simply doesn't fit. If they get some very strange manager then there might be a chance but Chelsea transfers in recent years haven't really worked like that anyway. Chelsea have an insane amount of number 10s, if they use Rooney as a number 9 and possibly wide sometimes. After Shevchenko and Torres, I think they're more likely to sign Falcao than Rooney if they do want to sign a big player. If they get their fingers burned constantly when it comes to strikers they're going to suffer when it comes to FFP. They can't just afford a swing and a miss all the time... But most importantly, Liverpool managed to blow most of their Torres money on Andy Carroll. I don't think Chelsea can risk strengthening United by paying too much for Rooney.

So what does that leave? Monaco? Russia?

I'd rather sign Tevez than Rooney, half the transfer fee, half the wages... I think most of the top clubs would rather do that too. Tevez did say that he would return to South America at the end of his career though, so City might end up letting him go for free in the end.

Anyway, my point was, if United say "ok, go" and Rooney gets no offers, they win because his contract won't be as high as last time and he can't pull this brick every time he wants to talk about his contract.... If they do get a good offer, they win too.

Great post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back