• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rooney ,wants out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks he is overrated? Obviously I'd take him tomorrow, but how many truly great seasons has he had? 2 or 3?

Am I the only one who thinks he is overrated? Obviously I'd take him tomorrow, but how many truly great seasons has he had? 2 or 3?

Rooney is a very good all round player, not imo the best at any one thing, but good at almost everything (not too many holes in his game). top tier player, but not quite in the very best category. Think he also struggles with fitness, hence needs to play every game to be his best.

That's why I question if a move to sides like Barca/Real/PSG/City/Cheat$ki make sense for him, don't see him "owning" a starting spot on any of those teams, and that will make it even harder for him. He's won pretty much everything at club level and is obviously rich, will be interesting to see what his ambition is?

To the earlier poster, yes Rooney is 27 and could play for another 10 years, but not necessarily as a starter, see Giggs, how many seasons has he played a bit part role now?

I think he is. I definantly thought he was when he went 2 years or how ever long without scoring for England and everyone still kept calling him England's hope and bigging him up as if he was playing like Messi does for Barca.

He's actually won me over a little bit in the last 3 years though. He's still an overrated player mind you.

And I think he'll go to City. THey love an ex United player and they've wanted Rooney for ages.

Top player, would do us a lot of good.

Dont think he is world class, as it showed in big games this season.

Not sure where he`ll go, if he is after the Cash then PSG is the easy choice but not the most exciting. Becks might tempt him.

To be honest though, I think he`ll stay at United.

No, not really.

I'm just a realist. He's not worth 40m (which is the quoted price) and he's also not worth 200k+ wages.

Im sure he`d be available for a lot less than that.

And id rather spend 200k on a good player, rather than 100k each on two bad one.

please mods, close this thread, its cringeworthy some of the stuff thats being said.

Why? I think 90% (made up statistic) of the thread agrees Rooney would be a wildly good move for a club like Spurs, however he is not a Ronaldo/Messi or even an Iniesta/Xavi/etc.

As would i, which is why i like Lloris, Dembele, Vertonghen, Siggurdsson. Levy is good with money.

He is getting better it has to be said, after years of failures. Someone must be advicing him for sure.

Or maybe, when you appoint a good manager, you give him money, you let him decide, then that manager buys good player... What about that? :)

He is getting better it has to be said, after years of failures. Someone must be advicing him for sure.

Or maybe, when you appoint a good manager, you give him money, you let him decide, then that manager buys good player... What about that? :)

If the manager were on a long term contract i would agree with you. If not then it's not worth the trouble it cause in the long term.

Which as i recall is your opinion on Harry, who was clearly a good manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back