• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roma threaten Double team's world record

But still find it hard to believe that the great teams like Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Inter and such have not managed to win 11 matches or more from the start since then. Wonder what could be the reason. Maybe there are now too many Cup matches to play in midweek that affects these team to win all.

How many times have we seen the far better team in a match not get the breaks and come away with a draw or a defeat?

11 games would also mean that you've played around half the other teams in the League, including many of your main rivals for the Title.

But still find it hard to believe that the great teams like Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Inter and such have not managed to win 11 matches or more from the start since then. Wonder what could be the reason. Maybe there are now too many Cup matches to play in midweek that affects these team to win all.

As braineclipse said, it probably depends upon the schedule in getting a relatively 'easy' set of fixtures to start a campaign... A few clubs have bettered our 11 game winning streak over the years though:

Europe's longest winning league runs
29 games – SL Benfica (Portugal) 1971-73
28 games – NK Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia) 2006-07
25 games – Celtic FC (Scotland) 2003-04
22 games – PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands) 1987-88
18 games – FH Hafnarfjördur (Iceland) 2004-05
17 games – FC Dinamo Bucureşti (Romania) 1988
17 games – FC Internazionale Milano (Italy) 2006-07
17 games – Valur Reykjavík (Iceland) 1978
16 games – FC Barcelona (Spain) 2010-11
16 games – Olympiacos FC (Greece) 2005-06
15 games – SL Benfica (Portugal) 1963
15 games – Real Madrid CF (Spain) 1960-61
15 games – FC Bayern München (Germany) 2005
15 games – AC Sparta Praha (Czech Republic) 1999-00
14 games – FC Barcelona (Spain) 2005-06
14 games - Arsenal (England) 2002
12 games - Manchester United (England) 1999

Europe's longest domestic winning streaks - UEFA.com
The Longest Winning Streaks in Football History | Soccerlens
The Best Eleven: EPL: Longest Consecutive Win Streaks since 1999/2000

The XI that will try to equal our record:

--------- De Sanctis
Maicon Benatia Balzaretti Burdisso
---- Pjanić De Rossi Strootman
----- Ljajić Florenzi Borriello

And Baldini......

What do the Romans fans think about Baldini now? Did he leave them a legacy to build on to achieve greater things?

Sent from my SM-P605 using Fapatalk 4

I'm not sure Roma fans would be able to give a particularly objective opinion on Baldini's second spell because of how revered he is for his role in the 00/01 Scudetto-winning side. Two years is also a relatively short period to judge a DoF on, as their work inherently has a long-term focus.

Half way there for Roma. The game statistically has been quite even. I can't comment on whether the game has played to statistics as I'm unable to watch. Can they finish the job off?

I'm guessing Bill Nicholson has a wry little smile on his face tonight - wherever he might be.

BTW, Rangers won all of their 18 matches in the 1898-99 Scottish League.

And there have been several other clubs with longer unbeaten runs from the start of the season that Tottenham's 11 matches.

Steaua Bucuresti and Dinamo Bucuresti both won their first 14 games of the 1988-89 season before drawing with each other 0-0.

And there have been several other clubs with longer unbeaten runs from the start of the season that Tottenham's 11 matches.

Steaua Bucuresti and Dinamo Bucuresti both won their first 14 games of the 1988-89 season before drawing with each other 0-0.

Those stats are pre-glasnost so I do not believe them.

We is still the best, innit.

Interesting, but SPL isn't exactly a first class league.

Back