• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roma threaten Double team's world record

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
I read today that if Roma win at Torino tomorrow night, they'll equal the Double team's record of winning their first 11 league games of a season - the best ever achieved in first class football.

http://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/preview/37088

So will lots of yids be adopting Torino for a night, or are Rudi Garcia's side worthy successors to our record?

Last edited:
Worthy successors.

Anyone who can go 11 wins on the bounce to start a season would deserve it, especially the fact they have conceded 1 goal.

I wonder if it's a promising sign for us - i.e. with some of Baldini's young signings like Castan and Pjanic maturing into the new core of their side.

fair play to em, can't say I'm bothered either way, it's just a stat, one of many from a season when we won the league

I'm sure Roma fans would rather not win tonight and go on to win the title than set a record and finish 2nd

Perhaps if Roma go on to equal or even eclipse our Double Winners run it will lift the jinx and we'll finally win the league again... :-k

Perhaps if Roma go on to equal or even eclipse our Double Winners run it will lift the jinx and we'll finally win the league again... :-k

That's the spirit!!

I know it ain't much but I would still like to hold onto this record.

Roma will struggle without their main man. Roma struggled against Udinese without Totti.

Defensively Roma are solid but will be tough up against a Torino side who have picked up points off some of the top sides already.

Will be interesting to see how they perform, and if they achieve the record then they will have earned it.

amazing... seems like a few months ago they were a club with a couple of notable issues...what gives?

Their new coach Rudi Garcia came in from Lille and just seemed to put all the pieces in the right places.

Considering they lost 3 of their best players over the summer too (Lamela, Osvaldo, Marquinhos)

Their new coach Rudi Garcia came in from Lille and just seemed to put all the pieces in the right places.

Considering they lost 3 of their best players over the summer too (Lamela, Osvaldo, Marquinhos)

And Baldini......

What do the Romans fans think about Baldini now? Did he leave them a legacy to build on to achieve greater things?

Sent from my SM-P605 using Fapatalk 4

Find it hard to believe our record of 11 consecutive wins from the start of a season still stands until today, after 52 long years ! There have been so many great teams all around Europe during those times. Surely winning 11 matches in a row shouldn't have been much of a problem for those great teams. So it is amazing if that record still stands until today. It will be disappointing if Roma equals the record and then goes on to break it.

Find it hard to believe our record of 11 consecutive wins from the start of a season still stands until today, after 52 long years ! There have been so many great teams all around Europe during those times. Surely winning 11 matches in a row shouldn't have been much of a problem for those great teams. So it is amazing if that record still stands until today. It will be disappointing if Roma equals the record and then goes on to break it.

Well if you think about it, each match played has three possible outcomes - win, draw or loss - so the chances of a team going 11 games with 11 consecutive wins is 177,147 to 1.

In those terms, it's not so surprising that Tottenham's record was stood for 52 years!

Well if you think about it, each match played has three possible outcomes - win, draw or loss - so the chances of a team going 11 games with 11 consecutive wins is 177,147 to 1.

In those terms, it's not so surprising that Tottenham's record was stood for 52 years!

But still find it hard to believe that the great teams like Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Inter and such have not managed to win 11 matches or more from the start since then. Wonder what could be the reason. Maybe there are now too many Cup matches to play in midweek that affects these team to win all.

But still find it hard to believe that the great teams like Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Inter and such have not managed to win 11 matches or more from the start since then. Wonder what could be the reason. Maybe there are now too many Cup matches to play in midweek that affects these team to win all.

Partially it's probably down to coincidence. I think Barca at least, and probably other teams have had 11 game winning streaks since then. That they haven't come at the start of the season is more down to coincidence imo.

Imagine if Arsenal had beaten Villa at home and West Brom away, they'd be on 10 consecutive wins now. :-&

Back