• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Of the 4 big injuries this week, two were impact ones (Bentancur and Lloris), while two are potentially conditioning related (Sess and Bissouma). So 50:50
Has anyone pinpointed when the Lloris injury occurred? Baring in mind he was jumping all over Kane post match.

The twitter video of Bentancur shows it can only be a 'studs caught in the turf' type injury rather than impact. And from that it's impossible to know how much force caused that or the strength of his joint to resist that.

Has anyone pinpointed when the Lloris injury occurred? Baring in mind he was jumping all over Kane post match.

The twitter video of Bentancur shows it can only be a 'studs caught in the turf' type injury rather than impact. And from that it's impossible to know how much force caused that or the strength of his joint to resist that.

Sorry I was being less specific in my terminology. I was just using a dichotomy between impact and conditioning. So by impact I meant awkward impact with the ground, as well as directly with an opponent.

Impact injuries are generally just bad luck. But conditioning ones like muscular issues or stress fractures (like Bissouma) are potentially avoidable with better monitoring and training management.

Think your clutching at straws
I’m not convinced any are fitness related myself
I think it's definitely a question worth looking at. But my angle would be overtraining.

Bissouma - stress fracture - despite not playing much
Sess - hamstring - despite not playing much
Deki - injured post WC despite not going and only doing training
Richie - muscle injury - despite not playing much - might be brazils fault?
Moura - could run forever once upon a time - chronic tendonitis
Romero - muscle injuries - although might of been blagging it for the WC

I think it's definitely a question worth looking at. But my angle would be overtraining.

Bissouma - stress fracture - despite not playing much
Sess - hamstring - despite not playing much
Deki - injured post WC despite not going and only doing training
Richie - muscle injury - despite not playing much - might be brazils fault?
Moura - could run forever once upon a time - chronic tendonitis
Romero - muscle injuries - although might of been blagging it for the WC

Nah, it's a curse. :p

Sorry I was being less specific in my terminology. I was just using a dichotomy between impact and conditioning. So by impact I meant awkward impact with the ground, as well as directly with an opponent.

Impact injuries are generally just bad luck. But conditioning ones like muscular issues or stress fractures (like Bissouma) are potentially avoidable with better monitoring and training management.

Fatigue also plays a factor for sure. If you are over-training/tired, these injuries can happen a little more easily. My son did his ACL in am almost identical situation, and he'd been over-training (school and club when he was 16). It is marginal stuff, down to posture and even core balance/stabilizing muscles being fatigued. Not saying it was the main reason but most certainly contributed. IMO he has not looked quite right since his post World Cup injury.

Right there with you. I hate them. Financially doped and rigged their way into the Prem, everyone rolled over for them second-half of their 'miracle' season PLUS their fans are tossers.
They hated us around the years when we met at Wembley and Nielsen scored his diving header to seal the cup win. And Robbie Savage is a twonk.

Hope Skipp / Sarr can benefit from the time on the field that is offered by Bentancur's unfortunate injury. Personally it's a shame

Agreed. To be honest we haven't looked good in quite a few games this season, so there is a slim, tiny chance that playing Skipp and Sarr somehow benefits us e.g. if they both shield our shaky defence and we play on the break with Son breaking forwards and finding his form.

VERY slim chance that Bentancur's injury helps us, but not impossible.

((I would normally say that maybe it will force Conte to change something more drastic, especially when coupled with Sessegnon's injury because Perisic definitely definitely cannot play twice a week at his age, so surely something has to change in the formation/setup/tactics... but Conte doesn't like to deviate from his 3 at the back))

Right there with you. I hate them. Financially doped and rigged their way into the Prem, everyone rolled over for them second-half of their 'miracle' season PLUS their fans are tossers.

So Leicester winning the EPL is a "Miracle" (quotation marks suggesting that it wasn't a miracle) but us achieving top 4 is a miracle. Do you see how that is thoroughly confusing? In a sense I love the optimism but am wary of cognitive dissonance. I love this club and wouldn't have it any other way but downplaying the achievements of other clubs doesn't seem like a positive approach.

So everyone rolled over for them, can everyone roll over for us too please, pretty please, how did "lestah" convince teams to roll over for them? We did roll over for them the over day though, that's for sure.

Not too take it too far off topic from the horrendous news that our most graceful player is out long term in a team full of ungraceful players.

So Leicester winning the EPL is a "Miracle" (quotation marks suggesting that it wasn't a miracle) but us achieving top 4 is a miracle. Do you see how that is thoroughly confusing? In a sense I love the optimism but am wary of cognitive dissonance. I love this club and wouldn't have it any other way but downplaying the achievements of other clubs doesn't seem like a positive approach.

So everyone rolled over for them, can everyone roll over for us too please, pretty please, how did "lestah" convince teams to roll over for them? We did roll over for them the over day though, that's for sure.

Not too take it too far off topic from the horrendous news that our most graceful player is out long term in a team full of ungraceful players.
We deffo rolled over for them in their title season. They beat us home and away. [emoji36]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We drew away didn't we? Dele scored his first goal to put us ahead and they equalised late on.
Yeah you're right, we drew away and lost at home. For some reason I remembered us as losing both. [emoji28]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back