• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Official - Soldado

Yep, Suarez doesn't really need 'service'. He can run with it from the half way line and score, win free kicks, win penalties, etc. For a laugh. In other words, 'production'. A match winner. No worries or excuses about 'service'.

If we spent 30 mil on a player who apparently needs it served up on a platter, in the 6 yard box, with no (big) defenders around him, well I dunno...

And, Benteke would at least win some headers.

And oh, did we really spend 100 mil plus on players and yet we still don't have a game changer/impact player on the bench?

Nobody even comes close to Suarez when it comes to being selfish, wasting opportunities and dribbling himself into trouble. His goals to shots ratio is really poor.

How much luck did Everton have from having a big lump up front? Don't see Benteke working well in our team at all and I certainly don't see us becoming a long ball team.

We did not spend 100 million. We swapped a third of our squad for new ones at a small net profit.

Kaboul, Sig, Defoe, Eriksen, Dembele, Lamela. If we don't have any game changers, who does?

felt sorry for him again....he was making runs, trying to find space, but rarely received the ball.

id like to see him with a striker partner, Ade or Kane, maybe even Lamela . Someone needs to be closer to him

Lamela would be an interesting idea. At the very least they'd be able to moan in Spanish to each other about the lack of service.

Considering what meagre scraps he's had to feed off, I wonder how many touches Soldado has had in the oppositions' penalty areas this season... :-k

@OptaJoe: 58 - Despite missing 5 of #LFC's 10 PL games, Luis Suarez has the 4th highest number of touches in the opp box in the PL this season. Busy.
@OptaJoe: 3 - The three PL players with more touches in the opposition box than Suarez are Agüero (76), Sturridge (65) & Van Persie (60). Talents.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24794729

As I and many others have been saying, Soldado is playing pretty much as he was at Valencia. If we don't want him to become a big flop, we'll need to learn how to play to his strengths.

Good to see that not all the pundits are daft enough to think that Defoe is the answer to our lack of goals.

So Soldado has favorited an article on Twitter saying it is AVBs tactics that are to blame for his lack of goals.

I mean they clearly are, but I would hope the players understand more about the bigger picture in terms of making us hard to beat first rather than starting to criticise him already. Won't be good if so.

So Soldado has favorited an article on Twitter saying it is AVBs tactics that are to blame for his lack of goals.

I mean they clearly are, but I would hope the players understand more about the bigger picture in terms of making us hard to beat first rather than starting to criticise him already. Won't be good if so.

is that true?? wowser

The point about being hard to beat. Weve already lost 2 games from the first 10 in the PL and we have had a decent set of fixtures. I think we are treading a very thin line with how we play. We try very hard not to concede, but when we have conceded we were not able to recover and win those games.

i wonder if we had been more attacking and open during these first 10 games if we would have still gained the points we have.

Considering what meagre scraps he's had to feed off, I wonder how many touches Soldado has had in the oppositions' penalty areas this season... :-k

@OptaJoe: 58 - Despite missing 5 of #LFC's 10 PL games, Luis Suarez has the 4th highest number of touches in the opp box in the PL this season. Busy.
@OptaJoe: 3 - The three PL players with more touches in the opposition box than Suarez are Agüero (76), Sturridge (65) & Van Persie (60). Talents.

Good to see that not all the pundits are daft enough to think that Defoe is the answer to our lack of goals.

I couldn't find any stats other than someone saying Soldado only touched the ball once (!) inside the penalty area on Sunday. I doubt he's had more than three-four touches on average per game so far this season, which should add up to about 35-40 touches max.

It is a big worry that we aren't able to play to Soldado's strengths. I'd like to see more of Eriksen instead of Holtby (who drops too deep) with Paulinho making more runs inside the box. Plus we need our wingers to stay wide and go for crosses instead of constantly cutting in - it only leads to confusion among our players, and a crowded area in front of the box. Which certainly doesn't make it easier for either Soldado or any other player to get into a goalscoring position.

is that true?? wowser

The point about being hard to beat. Weve already lost 2 games from the first 10 in the PL and we have had a decent set of fixtures. I think we are treading a very thin line with how we play. We try very hard not to concede, but when we have conceded we were not able to recover and win those games.

i wonder if we had been more attacking and open during these first 10 games if we would have still gained the points we have.

Looks like it is!

https://twitter.com/R9Soldado/favorites

I couldn't find any stats other than someone saying Soldado only touched the ball once (!) inside the penalty area on Sunday. I doubt he's had more than three-four touches on average per game so far this season, which should add up to about 35-40 touches max.

It is a big worry that we aren't able to play to Soldado's strengths. I'd like to see more of Eriksen instead of Holtby (who drops too deep) with Paulinho making more runs inside the box. Plus we need our wingers to stay wide and go for crosses instead of constantly cutting in - it only leads to confusion among our players, and a crowded area in front of the box. Which certainly doesn't make it easier for either Soldado or any other player to get into a goalscoring position.

Roberto appears to agree with you regarding the choice of Eriksen over Holtby. Not really sure why AVB keeps alternating between the 2 as surely we need one of them playing regularly in order to forge a partnership with Soldado and the rest of the attackers. Plus it can't be doing much for the confidence of either knowing that they will be dropped the following game.

No wonder they have trouble playing him in they're all too distracted by his a s s

1461658_10151797804103505_521969982_n.jpg

Footballers should stay away from Twitter like Superman should stay away from Kryptonite.

Never a truer word spoken. Not sure twitter has actually ended a top-flight player's career yet, but it surely won't be long until it does.

Nobody even comes close to Suarez when it comes to being selfish, wasting opportunities and dribbling himself into trouble. His goals to shots ratio is really poor.

How much luck did Everton have from having a big lump up front? Don't see Benteke working well in our team at all and I certainly don't see us becoming a long ball team.

We swapped a third of our squad for new ones at a small net profit. We did not spend 100 million.

Well, there's good chance Suarez - who's not in Europa Cup and already out of League Cup - will score more goals, and have more assists, than Soldado this season. Whether its due to - or in spite of - Suarez being a selfish waster, and poor dribbler and shooter, not sure.

Lucky or not, apparently the 'big lump' up front for Everton has been quite effective for them this season. They are only 1 point behind us, they didn't spend a 100 mil doing it, and they lost Fellaini. And in fact, they only signed Lukaku on loan anyway, so little risk. Are you saying if we had signed Lukaku or Benteke (who we allegedly had interest in), you'd have been highly critical?

We spent close to 100 mil. We didn't save it. You could say that our sales facilitated the spending, but we still spent the money, and its money that we don't now have. If we hadn't spent a penny yet, we'd have that 100 mil in our pocket for the Jan window.

Never a truer word spoken. Not sure twitter has actually ended a top-flight player's career yet, but it surely won't be long until it does.

Considering what players get forgiven for either at the same club or by finding another club I'm not quite sure what a top-flight player would have to write on twitter for it to be career-threatening.

Christmas tree anyone?

..Back four with width
Sandro Capoue Dembele............basically to defend when the full backs play like wingers
.....Lamela Eriksen
.......Soldado

If I was Soldado I'd first have quiet word with the boss about the team getting the ball to me in the kind of position where I could score. And if things didn't change I'd write it off as career mistake and be off to a team that was more set up from my style of football. It can't be any fun at all for Soldado at the moment.

Plus it doesn't send out much of a message to other strikers who might be thinking of signing up. We really do need to sort out the link between midfield/strikers, creation and conversion of chances part of our game.

Christmas tree anyone?

..Back four with width
Sandro Capoue Dembele............basically to defend when the full backs play like wingers
.....Lamela Eriksen
.......Soldado

That would be so flat it's unbelievable. My view is we only need 1 Dm out of Sandro/Dembele/Capoue; and that Paulinho is not creative enough. **** get away with playing just Flamini, why can't we do it?

BACK 4
Eriksen Sandro Holtby
Lamela Soldado Townsend

If I was Soldado I'd first have quiet word with the boss about the team getting the ball to me in the kind of position where I could score. And if things didn't change I'd write it off as career mistake and be off to a team that was more set up from my style of football. It can't be any fun at all for Soldado at the moment.

Plus it doesn't send out much of a message to other strikers who might be thinking of signing up. We really do need to sort out the link between midfield/strikers, creation and conversion of chances part of our game.

You don't think AVB is aware that Soldado needs the ball in decent positions to score?

Well if he is it is taking him a long time to find solution. Or maybe he has asked Soldado to fit into AVB's style of playing - and the two may not be the same..
Inverted wingers doesn't seem to help -or having a deeper 10.

You don't think AVB is aware that Soldado needs the ball in decent positions to score?

Soldado seems to need the inch perfect ball through the eye of a needle. He cannot seem to create his own chances, oh how I would love him to receive the ball with his back to goal and turn past his marker to shot.

Back