• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Official - Soldado

Can we dare ask you why not? His link up play is excellent (certainly better than Adebayor and Defoe) and his movement is by far the best out of our strikers. And I don't doubt he is a bitter finisher also. So what about him is it you don't like?

His link up play is very good. He has great stats in Spain but not in the EPL so there are doubts.

I did not say I don't like him I said he does not turn me on.

His link up play is very good. He has great stats in Spain but not in the EPL so there are doubts.

I did not say I don't like him I said he does not turn me on.

Your first point rings true, I have doubts, I don't watch much Spanish football so I have to judge him on what he does over here. He has not exactly been flying.

Was a good finish yesterday, he was in the right spot at the right time. With the service that is arriving in the box from Townsend I hope he will get into those positions a bit more and things will seem far rosier.

Thats the goal we've been waiting for..now watch him go.

Yup, I can see him scoring a couple v Hull. I think the trick will be overcoming their West Ham style tactics and scoring an early goal. Once we've done that, we'll open up space to get a few. Just hope we have our heads about us or it could so easily be a repeat of West Ham as Hull have been competitive away from home.

Yup, I can see him scoring a couple v Hull. I think the trick will be overcoming their West Ham style tactics and scoring an early goal. Once we've done that, we'll open up space to get a few. Just hope we have our heads about us or it could so easily be a repeat of West Ham as Hull have been competitive away from home.

I think Hull will be a repeat of Norwich. Hull play with a genuine 442 and we'll be able to play the play thought the midfield. I cant see Hudd putting up much of a defensive shift.

I think Hull will be a repeat of Norwich. Hull play with a genuine 442 and we'll be able to play the play thought the midfield. I cant see Hudd putting up much of a defensive shift.

Livermore has been very impressive. He'll be a big loss to them. I dont even know who fits in for him.

If Hull go 4-4-2 they will be exterminated.
4-6-0 or whatever nearly worked for Villa and more of the lower teams will try it IMO.

If Hull go 4-4-2 they will be exterminated.
4-6-0 or whatever nearly worked for Villa and more of the lower teams will try it IMO.

Hull played 442 away to City and Everton. I cant see them changing for a home game against us.

Can we dare ask you why not? His link up play is excellent (certainly better than Adebayor and Defoe) and his movement is by far the best out of our strikers. And I don't doubt he is a bitter finisher also. So what about him is it you don't like?

no it isnt.

can you explain why its excellent?

his movement may well be the best for a last line striker, but not a hold up one...having said that he isnt a hold player so shouldnt be judged as such. but even if he is the best mover we have, thats not saying much as our movers are bad. still doesnt have to turn people on

can you explain to me where you get all those credits you give him based on the games he has played for us?

Yep. Not bad for a new guy, adjusting to new teammates and a different league.

Class finish yesterday, after a brilliant first touch - shows that we need to feed Soldado the ball inside the penalty area more. I think that's the key to getting the best out of him.

What was also impressive was that he started the move by winning a tussle out on the wing. Instead of passing and ball-watching, off he went...excellent goal, quality, quality player...

no it isnt.

his movement may well be the best for a last line striker, but not a hold up one...having said that he isnt a hold player so shouldnt be judged as such. but even if he is the best mover we have, thats not saying much as our movers are bad. still doesnt have to turn people on

can you explain to me where you get all those credits you give him based on the games he has played for us?

His ability to hold a ball and deliver superb, first-time passes at the right moments have led to several goals this season; I think Sigurdsson would certainly be happy to explain to you how good his link-up play is (providing teams don't strangle the midfielders supporting him, in which case he is deprived of people to link up with!)...he's a pretty complete forward. He's not more a hold up player than Aguero, but he can hold the ball when necessary...BTW, he'd have had at least 3 more premier league goals if people had passed to him when he was standing slightly dropped off from the 6 yard box with a clear open path to goal instead of shooting. He will score 20 goals this season NO problem. And before you ask, yup, you can stick that on me, I'm happy to accept the responsibility. He's already got what, 6?

For reason I can't put my finger on it reminded me of a Sheringham finish.

It reminded of a goal by Rebrov against West Ham in a League Cup match in 2001. He pretended as if he was going to round the goalie but shot it into the goal when the goalie least expected it. Great finish by both !=D>

Quality striker, quality finish, quality attack - comes off as such a top lad too. You can see it in his eyes, no primadonna bull****, he's a serious hard working footballer, with a bigger football brain than most strikers, I would say, and getting him going is just fantastic. Love the guy already, the way he celebrated that goal just made me want to hug him. You could even see him wave to our fans at villa park just before kick off after the goal to show his gratitude for singing his name.

Get in, Robbie! Would love to see him up front with ade one day.

no it isnt.

I think he is a clever player, more pass and move than bringing other people into the game although I do remember a chest off that lead to a goal, I do think however that he will turn out to be a great buy.

Back