• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Soldado - Official! - Medical Completed!!

His movement and anticipation of crosses, passes and rebounds is fantastic. He always seems to be where the ball is - or very close - when in the box. That's where he's miles better than Defoe.

Soldado needs to be a bit sharper with his finishing, and when that happens, he'll score plenty of goals for us.

=D>

The Sig rebound, he could have possible controlled it and then passed into the net. But he went for a first time snap shot - a fair thing to do. All in all he was excellent today. Keep it up and the goals will come.

Played really well today, almost constant threat, on another day he could have had a hat trick. This was an outstanding perfownce by the keeper to keep him out.

Thought he was pretty good today. Should probably have scored a couple of goals though (that early chance in the first half and Siggy's rebound), but he gets those chances because of good and clever movement. I just think it's a case of getting him going, get him a few Premier League goals, and he'll start to bang them in. He's just going to get more service as the team is getting more and more used to eachother as well, I think. Good lad! :)

Easily his worst performance in a Spurs shirt. I still maintain he will come good, but he's going through a bad run of form to say the least.

He isn't exactly missing chances.
What is people's issue here?

I mean he's not Messi or Henry or someone who gonna create a goal for himself.
He's a reliable poacher who will put away the chances we create.

How many good chances from open play has he missed so far in all our games this season?

Yeah he is constantly on the move but he needs service. It will come he just needs time to get in tune with team mates

How many good chances from open play has he missed so far in all our games this season?

Apart from the Cardiff game where he could have scored a couple, not many. He gave the ball away almost every time he got it in the 2nd half so I think that's why people are disappointed. I still maintain he will score goals eventually if we create chances.

He isn't exactly missing chances.
What is people's issue here?

I mean he's not Messi or Henry or someone who gonna create a goal for himself.
He's a reliable poacher who will put away the chances we create.

No issue from me in general, just his performance today wasn't good enough.

problem with Soldado is, he needs to stay in or around the box. too many times he's either dropping deep or going outwide, that shouldnt be his game. I mean for example the Paulinho chance where Soldado squared it, that should have been the other way round. Soldado shouldnt be the one creating that way, he should be creating like he did for Sigurdssons goal but he should be the one in the box getting on the end of crosses not crossing them.

its just a case of time. im positive about that. we haven't even intergrated lamela into the side yet, soldado working his way into a new league - he'll be fine.

problem with Soldado is, he needs to stay in or around the box. too many times he's either dropping deep or going outwide, that shouldnt be his game. I mean for example the Paulinho chance where Soldado squared it, that should have been the other way round. Soldado shouldnt be the one creating that way, he should be creating like he did for Sigurdssons goal but he should be the one in the box getting on the end of crosses not crossing them.

Good analysis. Completely agree. Torres does this but to a far worse extent. I don't why strikers who haven't scored regularly for months/years spend so much time outside the box. Unlikely they will score from 25 yards plus.

Good analysis. Completely agree. Torres does this but to a far worse extent. I don't why strikers who haven't scored regularly for months/years spend so much time outside the box. Unlikely they will score from 25 yards plus.

considering all of his goals come inside the box, it's certainly strange, he seems to find himself just wider than he should be. Late equaliser against Cardiff for example, he was about to run onto Holtbys pass before Lamela took over and squared it to Paulinho.. that is where Soldado should be, where Paulinho was or behind anticipating something, not TRYING to create.

As far as im concerned an assist is as good as a goal and he has assisted in a number of our goals - so im happy. I thought Defoe shoulda come on earlier though today

He does tend to draw defenders away and create space for the likes of Paulinho and Siggy to arrive in the box.
Does he need to score more goals? Yes.
Will he? Yes.
But it needs to be sooner rather than later.

Back