• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Soldado - Official! - Medical Completed!!

There was one moment when I thought, yes weve finally got a decent striker in

Dembele had a shot and Soldado was on his toes racing in in case of a spill by the keeper to knock the rebound in

So many times Ive sat there seeing this happen and seeing Defoe / Ade both standing on their heels not having a clue about whats going on same with crosses, I saw Soldado moving twisting turning trying to get into space for a cross

If he gets fed he will score bundles this year

yep i remember that. we were yelling shoooot....

dembele shot and solly was there waiting...even gave a quick look at the linesman to see if he was off after wards

top awareness type striker

Well at last we have a penetrative intelligent striker who makes good runs, the only problem now is we don't have a passer in the bloody side, we need a "10" type player VDV would have been ideal in this side.

Well at last we have a penetrative intelligent striker who makes good runs, the only problem now is we don't have a passer in the bloody side, we need a "10" type player VDV would have been ideal in this side.

Seems I'm in a huge minority, but I still have faith in Siggy and / or Holtby to come good if given time. In my opinion they've both shown flashes of excellent vision and, albeit even less consistently, execution.

Seems I'm in a huge minority, but I still have faith in Siggy and / or Holtby to come good if given time. In my opinion they've both shown flashes of excellent vision and, albeit even less consistently, execution.

One of them is going to have too mate.

I feel for Holtby.

He came into a new team and it just didn't seem to suit him, he showed promise but then sort of fizzled out, tried too hard. I thought we'll see him in pre-season so he can get used to everything, get a strong pre-season behind him and push on but the injury has just disrupted him even more and it's a shame.

Our last 13 home and away games produced 55 points which would be 80 points over 38 games.

Our first 12 games W 5 D 2 L 5
Our next 26 games W 16 D 7 L 3
Unlike you I am not randomly picking out groups of games but just for fun:
Our last 8 games of the season we were unbeaten W 5 D 3.

:p\o/:lol:

I'm with you on this. Siggy or Holtby have the ability to do this for us.

Still Siggy is doing too much work, chasing about. He is almost like a defensive midfielder playing behind the front man! I know he is trying to create an impression.

BUT he is being ignored by the man in possession quite often when he has drifted or moved into a pocket of space. He is ready 'to link' but the players need to recognise the option. Believe me he can find a cute pass with the best of them.

And even if bale stays, and plays the 10 role he's not about setting up Soldado (maybe from the left channel) he is all about himself (not in a bad way).

Just need to have a little faith and patience with the young guns in the squad...........

Finally it would not surprise me if Soldado gets a good bit of service out of Paulinho.

Just heard his first interview after scoring on his debut.

He says all the right things and comes across as being very passionate about being at Spurs.

[video=youtube;VxeohdjkdOw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxeohdjkdOw[/video]

Last edited:

BRgHkoICcAAuhTx.jpg:large

What a great photo. I remember Walker's move. I think it might have put off the goalie.
Was it last year or the season before he put himself in an offside position for dead ball situations? He is so quick he could get back onside in a second.

I fully expect Holtby to have a break out season for us. I watched his a lot at Schalke and the kids got the talent. Lets not forget he's only 22.

What a great photo. I remember Walker's move. I think it might have put off the goalie.
Was it last year or the season before he put himself in an offside position for dead ball situations? He is so quick he could get back onside in a second.

Enjoy it - GHod only knows the next time Spurs will be awarded a penalty!

Anyone save the video of him at Valencia that was posted in the rumour forum? Had Awolnation's "Sail" as the backing music. Says it's been removed by the YouTube user :(

I feel very confident whenever he steps up to take penalties, i imagine he will score against swansea

Chadli, Siggy and Defoe all missed a very simple chance, Bobby S would not have missed any of those..

Feed him and he will score loads...

Back