• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Soldado - Official! - Medical Completed!!

Man for man we now have the best first eleven in the premiership, except for maybe Emirates Marketing Project.

Soldado's technique is godly. He's guaranteed to bag atleast 25 goals

The team they should have had if no one left :eek:

You could probably say the same about us to an extent......Berba linking up with Modric will sadly never be anything more than a sticky dream I once had.

I just hope people go a bit easy on him in the beginning.

A lot of our fans seem to think we are just a striker away from being title winners or at least title challengers.

I don't agree with this at all, I think there are a whole range of things we need before we become title challengers. Of which a top class striker is only one.

Soldado doesn't solve all the problems we had last season, he doesn't even come close. While I'm very excited to see him in action, I hope a less than title challenging start from him or the team doesn't bring about a load of undue criticism.

True, but we didn't have that many problems last season, all things considered. We conceded a lot from set-pieces, we struggled to find space in behind teams, we suffered from occasional defensive lapses and our iron grip on the center of midfield loosened greatly when Sandro was replaced with Parker. This season, Kaboul will return, which should help with number one. Soldado's come in, and his relentless movement and agility will help with number two. And Capoue's hopefully imminent arrival should take care of number four. As far as I can see, the only thing that we haven't tried to address yet is our tendency to lose concentration and make defensive errors, and even there there's a case to be made for a midfield trio of Dembele, Sandro and Paulinho being quick enough and powerful enough to correct most defensive errors before they develop into dangerous situations.

I do't go into seasons expecting much. My only expectation is that we better our points tally from the previous season. And this season, I also hope we can finally win a trophy. In my eyes, this team is easily capable of both those things, so why shouldn't I expect the one and hope for the other?

In fact just to prove the point that form result stats from one date to another are pretty pointless, you say we improved as the season went on.

Our first 10 games last season earned us : 17pts
Our last 10 games of last season earned us: 18pts

An improvement of 1pt. Not exactly earth shattering and easily wiped away/explained by a bad refereeing decision or a moment of brilliance from one of our own or opposition player. Fine margins indeed.

Our first 12 games W 5 D 2 L 5
Our next 26 games W 16 D 7 L 3
Those 3 losses were Everton and Liverpool away where we should have won and Fulham home where we had an off day.

I think any reasonable person would suggest on the basis of the stats that after taking a few matches for AVB to get to know the players results improved.

Unlike you I am not randomly picking out groups of games but just for fun:
Our last 8 games of the season we were unbeaten W 5 D 3.

I think we are in good form, good enough for top 3.
If you don’t –that is your prerogative.
But then again you think form should not be judged on results.

I just pray he doesnt get injured today, would just be our luck hahahaha !!!!

Why?

I think he will score between 12-15 PL goals this season.

He is getting a bit overrated on here imo

Heretic, you will learn the truth. If he fails to score more than 15, then that's the fault of the midfield. We still lack that creativity and that is likely to restrict his chances.

Why?

I think he will score between 12-15 PL goals this season.

He is getting a bit overrated on here imo

He's scored more than 15 league goals per season in each of his 3 seasons at Valencia. Anything less than 15, barring serious injury problems, would be a solid disappointment.

Of course that's in La Liga, where all teams apart from Real and Barca are pushovers if some are to be believed. Some evidence to the contrary as we could see in the game today against Espanyol for example.

Heretic, you will learn the truth. If he fails to score more than 15, then that's the fault of the midfield. We still lack that creativity and that is likely to restrict his chances.

Yes I have also taken that into account, he is a striker very dependant on service. Guess we will see, he has my full support it's not that :)

Yes I have also taken that into account, he is a striker very dependant on service. Guess we will see, he has my full support it's not that :)

Agree with that hes an intelligent striker always looking for space and has good finishing, yet like you say he is dependant on the quality of service provided.

Today was promising in that regard, but I still feel we are lacking a little in the ACM area to really take advantage of his addition.

He looked good today for 30 minutes.

Get the ball to him and he will score goals.

He looked good today for 30 minutes.

Get the ball to him and he will score goals.

He offers that for sure, but like he showed today he has more to his game than just being a poacher. He's Spanish and at least close to being a starter for their national side. He's good on the ball, good close control, can bring others into play as you would expect from a Spanish international regular.

BRU2kbjCEAQV2cQ.jpg:large

He offers that for sure, but like he showed today he has more to his game than just being a poacher. He's Spanish and at least close to being a starter for their national side. He's good on the ball, good close control, can bring others into play as you would expect from a Spanish international regular.

definately. the problem i had with our supply to him was due to the experts here saying that he only operates in the box...but he has much more

you see the play switch he did? wasnt Thudd-esque but he did switch that brick across

Man for man we now have the best first eleven in the premiership, except for maybe Emirates Marketing Project.

Soldado's technique is godly. He's guaranteed to bag atleast 25 goals

?? no we dont

do you support tottenham? I mean really? i've read a few of your stuff and it comes across off key or sarcastic at times...cant tell if you are being serious

There was one moment when I thought, yes weve finally got a decent striker in

Dembele had a shot and Soldado was on his toes racing in in case of a spill by the keeper to knock the rebound in

So many times Ive sat there seeing this happen and seeing Defoe / Ade both standing on their heels not having a clue about whats going on same with crosses, I saw Soldado moving twisting turning trying to get into space for a cross

If he gets fed he will score bundles this year

?? no we dont

do you support tottenham? I mean really? i've read a few of your stuff and it comes across off key or sarcastic at times...cant tell if you are being serious

He's trolling for sure and i very much doubt he's a spurs fan.

Back