• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Reactions: DTA
I liked rebrov, the problem there was the idiots we surrounded him with, Steve carr was the only player on the same level

he scored more goals sure but Soldado is a far superior footballer

He scored a lot more goals, how do their assist stats match up? Not sure why people think Bobby is a good footballer (in the premier league) I don't see many/any attributes that make him stand out in any way.... And a lot that have made him the abject failure (here) that he undoubtedly has been...... Yeah he is a has been

He scored a lot more goals, how do their assist stats match up? Not sure why people think Bobby is a good footballer (in the premier league) I don't see many/any attributes that make him stand out in any way.... And a lot that have made him the abject failure (here) that he undoubtedly has been...... Yeah he is a has been

he can control a ball, pass it, spot when a teammate is in a better position, work the channels and offer an out ball

bent chased balls over the top and toe poked them towards goal, which he made a career out of to be fair, impressive athlete, very quick

bent didn't get a single assist in his time at spurs, simply because he didn't attempt a single pass, he only lifted his head to watch the ball sail over it

@Superhudd @galeforce - your support of the player is admirably but, boy, is it misguided!!!

How you cannot see that he has been an abysmal failure from day 1 is simply beyond me. These arguments of better ball control etc look like desperate attempts to avoid coming to terms with this reality. Soldado was bought to score goals - end of story. If he had scored the same amount of goals as Bent did (and nothing else) - and we all know he had enough chances - we may well have had a shot at top 4 in the past two years...

As for this Moran clutching of straws... the level of failure of a player is obviously linked to his fee and salary. If I buy a second hand Skoda and bin it against a lamp post, it will be a far less traumatic experience than if I did the same with a new Porsche.

@Finney Is Back, @kanoute16 and @DTA are absolutely right; Sold-a-dud is, without doubt, our worst striker - pound for pound - since the beginning of the Premier League, if not even before.

@Superhudd @galeforce - your support of the player is admirably but, boy, is it misguided!!!

How you cannot see that he has been an abysmal failure from day 1 is simply beyond me. These arguments of better ball control etc look like desperate attempts to avoid coming to terms with this reality. Soldado was bought to score goals - end of story. If he had scored the same amount of goals as Bent did (and nothing else) - and we all know he had enough chances - we may well have had a shot at top 4 in the past two years...

As for this Moran clutching of straws... the level of failure of a player is obviously linked to his fee and salary. If I buy a second hand Skoda and bin it against a lamp post, it will be a far less traumatic experience than if I did the same with a new Porsche.

@Finney Is Back, @kanoute16 and @DTA are absolutely right; Sold-a-dud is, without doubt, our worst striker - pound for pound - since the beginning of the Premier League, if not even before.

If we are measuring his success against what he cost, surely we will have to factor in what we recoup. Assuming we get a fee his 7 goals in 51 games will look very similar to Rebrov's 10 in 60 but we lost Rebrov's for nothing.

I disagree with this, I don't think players should be judged on individual stats in a team game, some people place far too much importance on goals.

Soldado has been a failure in terms of goals, which was primarily what he was bought for.

But I'm not having anyone tell me that he was a poor footballer, he had very good technique - control,passing,intelligence,could hold the ball up.

It hasn't worked out for sure, but he still contributed to our general play and even when low on confidence still demonstrated good technical ability, just a shame his shooting boots have gone AWOL....

Agreed.

While he hasn't got into the goal-scoring habit here, I put much of the blame on not playing attacking football. Not everyone is suited to the ball being push across or away from goal most of the time.

If he stays I'll be happy enough for him to play. If MoPo can't organise things better then he'll probably take a spot in a Spanish team before the season's out.

Back