• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Regardless of keeping bale the club needs to sign a goal scorer.
We were fortunate that Bale carried us as far as he did last season. Very important to keep Bale but its crucial we add some more goals to the side or goal difference was a long way off the top 4 last year .

Regardless of keeping bale the club needs to sign a goal scorer.
We were fortunate that Bale carried us as far as he did last season. Very important to keep Bale but its crucial we add some more goals to the side or goal difference was a long way off the top 4 last year .

We scored as many goals as Emirates Marketing Project who placed 2nd and only six less then Arsenal ahead of us in 4th.

It was defensively we struggled more, conceding 9 more than Arsenal and 12 more then City.

(Looking at the overall season, not specific games)

Last edited:
We scored as many goals as Emirates Marketing Project who placed 2nd and only six less then Arsenal ahead of us in 4th.

It was defensively we struggled more, conceding 9 more than Arsenal and 12 more then City.

Kaboul should help with that, but it would also be very interesting to see the difference between before and after Sandro got injured.

We might be waiting to see how much its going to cost us to keep Gareth and then we will know how much money is availabe for Soldado, I believe the deal for Gareth is being done at the moment, I have said before that people on here think you can just print money its laughable, I have run my business for 30 years and first and foremost things have to make financial sense, we are doing brilliantly as a well run club, why cant people realise this.

Jimmy-g... ever the voice of reason. I completely agree. Of course Levy doesn't prevaricate and hang about just to play to an image or a reputation. I bet if you asked Levy how much the club spent on coffee for the coffee machines at WHL he would know. And he would also know the impact on the NPV, Cashflow and ROI of paying an additional €2.0m to Valencia for Soldado above our offer price.... and he might not like the numbers that he sees

Last edited:

Fair point but a quality striker could take us further as a club.

Our strikers last year were terrible.
And watching Ade Wednesday was painful forever taking up wrong positions plus we all know Defoe is streaky.

Good. Whos this guy?

A free lance journo who has worked for The Times. SC are saying this

It originally came from an Aussie Spurs fan (@sickmick92) at 03:13 this morning. Sam Rhodes then regurgitated that info as if it was his own at 10:37.

How bad is that? If true shows just how lazy Journo's have become since the internet took over the World.

Also found this on SC, was posted yesterday and supposed to be where it originally came from loco4losgays on here post #991

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248952&page=50

Soldado deal is done. Friend of a friend has a work placement, the financial director has announced to staff that Soldado has been sold to Spurs.

Please GHod dont get postiga as the replacement. please!

The majority of correspondents seem to be saying that the remaining sticking point is over the payment structure rather than the actual fee, and they seem to think Salvo is conducting a face-saving exercise, knowing that he's unlikely to get his own way on the two-payments issue. The balance may shift tomorrow, though, if we haven't reached agreement by then, if it's true that our first refusal deal expires when Soldado returns to pre-season training. That's when we'll have to worry about Liverpool et al. stepping in.

The majority of correspondents seem to be saying that the remaining sticking point is over the payment structure rather than the actual fee, and they seem to think Salvo is conducting a face-saving exercise, knowing that he's unlikely to get his own way on the two-payments issue. The balance may shift tomorrow, though, if we haven't reached agreement by then, if it's true that our first refusal deal expires when Soldado returns to pre-season training. That's when we'll have to worry about Liverpool et al. stepping in.
I hadn't heard that. Interesting

Suarez -> Arsenal
Soldado -> Liverpool
No one -> Spurs

This is going to happen isn't it? I blame myself for being overconfident a few days ago.

Is the first refusal thing based on anything other than that one ITK?

Suarez -> Arsenal
Soldado -> Liverpool
No one -> Spurs

This is going to happen isn't it? I blame myself for being overconfident a few days ago.

I really don't think Soldado is our last option.

Suarez -> Arsenal
Soldado -> Liverpool
No one -> Spurs

Suarez > Real
Soldado > Spurs
no one > Liverpool
no one > Arse

i think Liverpool will buy Eriksen from Ajax once they sell Suarez.....they have Sturridge, Aspas and Borini to be the goalscorers, what they need is an Eriksen who can score and create like Suarez

i think Liverpool will buy Eriksen from Ajax once they sell Suarez.....they have Sturridge, Aspas and Borini to be the goalscorers, what they need is an Eriksen who can score and create like Suarez

I agree that Soldado doesn't seem like a like for like replacement for Suarez at all and doesn't seem to be what Liverpool need in their squad.

Not sure Eriksen is either though, but if they do sell Suarez they will probably bring in several players for different positions and Eriksen would be fairly cheap so could see them going for him.

Soldado doesn't really fit Liverpool's transfer strategy under Rodgers and their new owners either. Same could be said about us, but we're obviously interested despite that, not so sure about Liverpool.

Back