• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Soldado will sign within 48 hours. Quote me on that.

Balls are on the line, just like Chadli.

545054-soccer-ball-on-the-out-line-of-the-football-field.jpg

sorry, could only find one ball...

The longer this drags out the less likely we will sign him. If we don't sign him by 12:35pm on Saturday then it's over.

More talk of Liverpool being in for him. If the Suarez to Arsenal move goes through, they'll be straight in for Soldado and will have no problem paying the fee.

More talk of Liverpool being in for him. If the Suarez to Arsenal move goes through, they'll be straight in for Soldado and will have no problem paying the fee.

Agree - been saying for days that we need to get this done and the Suarez saga is only going to escalate, whether he goes to Real or Arsenal. Need to get it done asap

But would he join them? Mid table club with a joke of a manager who absolutely disgraced themselves over Suarez from one of the worst parts of the country.

But would he join them? Mid table club with a joke of a manager who absolutely disgraced themselves over Suarez from one of the worst parts of the country.

He would definitely go there if theyre the only team who agree a fee. You can dress Liverpool up anyway you want,big names would readily join them they are still a massive club. If its between Liverpool and us I reckon we'd get him....

As a club they still have massive appeal internationally so they'd be a major threat. They have much greater appeal to overseas player than we do. If both us and the scousers offered the same fee and wages it would be a close call - we would be helped as being the first ones moving for him but Liverpool are a bigger brand

If we miss out on this I won't be shocked at all.
Should have been done and dusted.
They say the margin of price difference is slim so if he does go Liverpool IMO levy will look foolish.
Every fan ,pundit,dog in the land knows we need a striker and have done for a long while if we start the season with just Jd and Ade it will be awful. You can't qualify for champs league in first few games but you can throw it away. West brom ,Norwich start of last year.

As a club they still have massive appeal internationally so they'd be a major threat. They have much greater appeal to overseas player than we do. If both us and the scousers offered the same fee and wages it would be a close call - we would be helped as being the first ones moving for him but Liverpool are a bigger brand

This is harder to call than it was. Even a few years ago I would have said Liverpool hands down, but now I'm not so sure. They are brand that has been in decline for a long time whereas the Spurs star is on the rise. I'd imagine that the quality of player in the squad would have some effect on the decision, and we have at the moment a better squad of players and of course the football demigod that is Bale. Living in London might also be one more item in our column.

All things being equal on the transfer fee/wages then I think he'd pick us now.

Edit: If we don't get our brick together then he'll end up there irrespective

Also the pot of strikers for sale is shrinking daily and not just Liverpool how long before the scum have a look half the money of Saurez

Suarez will not go to Arsenal IMO.

Agreed, I think they are playing a game similar to the one I suspect Levy does from time to time, eg occasionally bidding for players they do not expect to end up buying, but just to show intent.

OK Arsenal, we get it. You now have the funds to spend £30m+ on a single player, and are now willing to do so.
Only thing is, Wenger clearly does not like troublemakers and big egos. So this one is a non-starter.

Well it's a good question, because this is an opinion only...I just cannot believe that Wenger would sign a player the nature of which he's never ever dealt with in his career!

Agreed. Too much of a risk for Wenger. Just a ploy to keep the scammers happy.

Question - while he is undoubtedly a fantastically talented footballer, would we really like him at our club?

Back