• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Riyad Mahrez

Its got to be gonads as Leicester rejected bids in the summer from Roma as they wanted £35m, who would be stupid enough to bid £49m if someone wants £35m. . . . . . .

Pretty sure they wanted 50 in the summer.

Its got to be gonads as Leicester rejected bids in the summer from Roma as they wanted £35m, who would be stupid enough to bid £49m if someone wants £35m. . . . . . .
1) Because they know Liverpool have a massive amount of cash
2) Much more difficult to replace a player in January than the summer especially of his quality so makes sense they'd demand more

2) Much more difficult to replace a player in January than the summer especially of his quality so makes sense they'd demand more
Also VVD just went for 75m so the market gets re prices again

Pool has blown most of that money already on VVD & the other guy coming in summer.

Considering we paid 40M for Sanchez, I'd be ok if we went in with something in the 40-ish range for Mahrez, not his biggest fan, but he could add something to the squad immediately.

I would have thought Levy would have really thought his window is now soo important to push on to give us a chance for the CL for when new stadium is ready

It's only a week into the window and we've had a big run of games in that time, plenty of time left to do business but Poch may not be able to get the player he wants. I'm sure the money is there if needed and Poch has spoken about getting players in early in the summer or even in Jan to get ahead for next season. Trouble is who is really around that would add value? I can't see Zaha wanting out with his boyhood club in a relegation battle. Mahrez is hit and miss although very talented. Other players like Redmond and Gray are OK but wouldn't improve our squad that much, would likely get more gametime than GKN though not by a lot.

with lamela & wanyama back..i would not hold my breath on any new additions..

I would hope that doesnt influence anything. Even with a fully fit squad, we're short in one or two areas so if we can get the rights additions in, we obviously should.

I'm not sure that under Levy / Poch we'd panic buy in any scneario

I would hope that doesnt influence anything. Even with a fully fit squad, we're short in one or two areas so if we can get the rights additions in, we obviously should.

I'm not sure that under Levy / Poch we'd panic buy in any scneario

I think that even if we strengthen this month, the players coming in are unlikely to have much of an impact on the second half of the season.

I think that even if we strengthen this month, the players coming in are unlikely to have much of an impact on the second half of the season.

We see that with pretty much everyone we sign now. They need conditioning (physically and tactically) to the Poch way.

I'm still expecting Aurier, Llorente and even Sanchez to become twice as good over the rest of this season/by the start of next

Yes, agreed, to have a meaningful impact they'd probably need (i) to have played in the PL before and (ii) be good enough to command enough starting game time. Someone like a Mahrez or Zaha type could conceivably have an impact off the bench in a couple games when we're struggling to break teams down though, and it feels like turning a draw or two into wins could make the difference this year between say 4th and 5th given how tight it is

Yes, agreed, to have a meaningful impact they'd probably need (i) to have played in the PL before and (ii) be good enough to command enough starting game time. Someone like a Mahrez or Zaha type could conceivably have an impact off the bench in a couple games when we're struggling to break teams down though, and it feels like turning a draw or two into wins could make the difference this year between say 4th and 5th given how tight it is

Possibly. I'm not convinced that they would have much more of an impact than Lamela or Son off the bench but who knows.

Pool has blown most of that money already on VVD & the other guy coming in summer.

Considering we paid 40M for Sanchez, I'd be ok if we went in with something in the 40-ish range for Mahrez, not his biggest fan, but he could add something to the squad immediately.

40 mill is too low in the market as it is now. Someone will pay 60 mill for him and give him 120-150k a week. Way way out of our range

Would love Mahrez, but dont think we'd get him for anything south of 50...

Sturridge, Firminho, Salah, Mane, Lallana, Solanke, Ings, Markovic, Chamberlain and Wijnaldum are all basically attacking players. Not counting any youth, and I think Origi is out on loan.

I dont see that they need Coutinho. Its a bit like Wenger and his obsession with buying inside forwards, it doesnt really matter how good they are when they add a minimal % to the team.

They are already strong there. Coutinho out and Mahrez in doesnt make them stronger.

Coutinho out and a DM, a CB and a proper CF in? That makes them significantly better.

Im a little disappointed to see a good player go there, especially one Id like with us, but its really no big deal IMO.

Coutinho for VVD and Mahrez? meh...
They could do with something other than a cone between the sticks too. But Klopp think they have top goalkeepers. Long may that continue!

Indeed, while Klopp is there Im really not worried about Liverpool. Same as Arsenal and Wenger.

Both managers are completely blind to their own failings, they just keep making the same mistakes and wondering if another AM will fix things.

Indeed, while Klopp is there Im really not worried about Liverpool. Same as Arsenal and Wenger.

Both managers are completely blind to their own failings, they just keep making the same mistakes and wondering if another AM will fix things.
I think it folly to think this way. Both are top managers and I am sure they will learn, even though it might take them a bit longer.

Back