• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Riyad Mahrez

I think Mahrez can strike a dead ball as well as Coutinho. Would be gutted if Liverpool got him tbh; we saw his ceiling in the season that Leicester won the league. He is quite a player.

Having said that I think at this time I would prefer Wilfred Zaha simply because of his close control and directness. He offers something we don't have. I would be willing to wait until the Summer to get him as I don't think Palace will sell now. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the Crown jewel we are waiting for.

Zaha would be way better for us IMO as I believe Poch could coach him to be a special special player. Mahrez seems to have spells of drift and indifference to the uglier side of the game. I just don't think he is right for us. Put it this way, if we were to sign Zaha and back that with the prize of a player like Pulisic (who I think is a Spurs player through and through) THAT would be business!!!!

I struggle to see ya getting 4th now. Liverpool have far too much going forward compared to us. They have improved at the back too now
Amazed Levy won’t back us now when getting in the CL for the stadium was soo important

I would have thought Levy would have really thought his window is now soo important to push on to give us a chance for the CL for when new stadium is ready

Sturridge, Firminho, Salah, Mane, Lallana, Solanke, Ings, Markovic, Chamberlain and Wijnaldum are all basically attacking players. Not counting any youth, and I think Origi is out on loan.

I dont see that they need Coutinho. Its a bit like Wenger and his obsession with buying inside forwards, it doesnt really matter how good they are when they add a minimal % to the team.

They are already strong there. Coutinho out and Mahrez in doesnt make them stronger.

Coutinho out and a DM, a CB and a proper CF in? That makes them significantly better.

Im a little disappointed to see a good player go there, especially one Id like with us, but its really no big deal IMO.

Coutinho for VVD and Mahrez? meh...

Personally I'd have Mahrez. He has the ability to make something out of nothing and combined with our other 4 attackers would give us more balance and depth.

i think its a gamble we should make.I wonder how much if would cost us financially to go into the new stadium without CL football although i would imagine Levy has budgeted for that eventuality we would still be better off finishing in the top 4.
The last couple of years we were very good and the teams around us were poor they have all spent and caught up and overtaken us.Players like Sissoko,Lamela and LLornete are not contributing enough really.Fresh blood would shake up the squad as well.

Liverpool's problem is not creating chances. They have serious issues in over-committing going forward, not pressing on turnover, giving oppositions too much time on the ball and not chasing back properly.

Mahrez will only exacerbate those problems.

And we have a solid system of players tracking back.

I struggle to see ya getting 4th now. Liverpool have far too much going forward compared to us. They have improved at the back too now
Amazed Levy won’t back us now when getting in the CL for the stadium was soo important

Jesus.

Our attack is comparable and we're certainly better defensively. VVD is not the panacea; I don't think Klopp sets them up to defend properly tactically, systemically or in the personnel he picks.

Sure, VVD is an upgrade on Klavan but he can't do it on his own.

As for your dig about Levy, how do you know he don't back Poch? Have you not seen the investment in players over the last three years? Have you not seen, oh, the £800m investment in the club that's happening right now?

Jesus.

Our attack is comparable and we're certainly better defensively. VVD is not the panacea; I don't think Klopp sets them up to defend properly tactically, systemically or in the personnel he picks.

Sure, VVD is an upgrade on Klavan but he can't do it on his own.

As for your dig about Levy, how do you know he don't back Poch? Have you not seen the investment in players over the last three years? Have you not seen, oh, the £800m investment in the club that's happening right now?
I agree...It's down to Klopp to coach them, as in VVD plus Gomez and Robertson they have 3 fine young defenders. They need guidance to go with their talent.

Its got to be gonad*s as Leicester rejected bids in the summer from Roma as they wanted £35m, who would be stupid enough to bid £49m if someone wants £35m. . . . . . .

Back