• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

He's a threat in behind, has good movement, creates space for others. Reasonably quick. Quite good at creating a bit He's a decent target for crosses. And he presses well.

The only way he's not a good fit is that he's not a clinical finisher.

I don't get your final paragraph. He's not a backup striker. But he is a backup striker? I don't particularly care why he was signed over a year ago. He's currently our backup striker.

I largely disagree with your first paragraph. I don't really see any of that but maybe I'm just missing it. I don't recall his runs in behind, I think his creation is poor, his passing is often off target although he does have some decent layoffs but not something I would label as good imo. His hold up play is poor as his first touch is often awry, I dunno im just totally missing this good fit thing. [emoji28]

I'm saying he's not supposed to be our backup striker and wasn't bought to be one. He has become a backup because he hasn't been good enough to keep the starting berth.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

He's a threat in behind, has good movement, creates space for others. Reasonably quick. Quite good at creating a bit He's a decent target for crosses. And he presses well.

The only way he's not a good fit is that he's not a clinical finisher.

I don't get your final paragraph. He's not a backup striker. But he is a backup striker? I don't particularly care why he was signed over a year ago. He's currently our backup striker.
His xg conversion is poor
It’s much higher for Brazil
That has robes something that needs looking at

He should be a backup LWF who can fill in at CF in an emergency. I know people are trying to be level headed about the chances of us challenging for the title this season which is sensible but if we’re serious about challenging the likes of Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal and Liverpool in seasons to come then I definitely believe we will need better forwards starting for us than Richarlison, could possibly be the same situation for Kulu but I hold more hope for him as he was on fire before his injury. Those teams have more firepower than us collectively amongst their forwards.

I don't think he's our first choice LWF at all.

I think he's playing there because Perisic, Solomon, Johnson and Gil have all been injured at the same time. We'll see how it pans out when others are fit and getting some minutes.

I largely disagree with your first paragraph. I don't really see any of that but maybe I'm just missing it. I don't recall his runs in behind, I think his creation is poor, his passing is often off target although he does have some decent layoffs but not something I would label as good imo. His hold up play is poor as his first touch is often awry, I dunno im just totally missing this good fit thing. [emoji28]

I'm saying he's not supposed to be our backup striker and wasn't bought to be one. He has become a backup because he hasn't been good enough to keep the starting berth.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Creating a bit was supposed to be "creating a bit of space.

He's not running in behind that much now because he's playing the mostly hug the touchline wide role.

I don't really care why he was bought. I do think he was bought as cover for both Son and Kane with a view to becoming first choice in time if one of them left. That's now a long time ago in football, particularly with the change of management.

His xg conversion is poor
It’s much higher for Brazil
That has robes something that needs looking at

I think you need a massive sample size before differences between xG and goals become statistically significant for an individual player. I doubt his numbers for Brazil tell us much in particular.

Across his PL career he has 50 goals from an xG of 59 (understat). That's a pretty decent sample size, but still one should be careful about drawing very strong conclusions. At best probably around an average finisher, perhaps slightly below average.

In no ways is that a good thing for a striker. But it's also not necessarily a big issue, particularly for a backup striker. Very few players end up being significantly better than average at finishing when looking at xG.

I think you need a massive sample size before differences between xG and goals become statistically significant for an individual player. I doubt his numbers for Brazil tell us much in particular.

Across his PL career he has 50 goals from an xG of 59 (understat). That's a pretty decent sample size, but still one should be careful about drawing very strong conclusions. At best probably around an average finisher, perhaps slightly below average.

In no ways is that a good thing for a striker. But it's also not necessarily a big issue, particularly for a backup striker. Very few players end up being significantly better than average at finishing when looking at xG.
I would say he is a I e average as a finisher because he is playing elite level
But the elite finishers are rare, sin and Kane have spoiled us

Every injury provides a chance for someone else e.g. Johnson starts with Gil being the sub, or whatever.
This current version of Richie wasn't scoring, so is replaceable whilst he is out.

this makes no sense. Why did they not get him Surgery in the off season. Strange choice to do this now, it must have got worse.

His choice, also often clubs try non invasive routes to see if something can heal first

I suspect he has realized he's lost his place both at club and national level, so picking the moment to do surgery.

Hopefully it goes well and he comes back a better player

Back