• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

If someone is willing to pay what we paid, I'm all for it. In the market we're looking at, we'd get 2 (better) players for that amount.
Realistically we'd have to also be willing to take less than we paid if the fee was reasonable. If instead we try to hold out for what we paid we may end up never getting that figure and with a player whose value is only ever diminishing.

Equally treating the chronic issue that he's been carrying for a long time might reveal the player we thought we were buying. Just like happened with Son in his second season.

Equally treating the chronic issue that he's been carrying for a long time might reveal the player we thought we were buying. Just like happened with Son in his second season.
I think we are seeing the player we saw at everton
The issue is we are Tottenham. We play football and keep possession. That’s different to how they play

The injury hasn't made him a different player. I don't know if younever watched him at Everton or Watford but like Bedford says, he's strongest attribute was his fighting spirit, not his touch, control or finishing.

Injury or no injury he's not particularly suited to the way we play or what we need from him.

Last edited:
Realistically we'd have to also be willing to take less than we paid if the fee was reasonable. If instead we try to hold out for what we paid we may end up never getting that figure and with a player whose value is only ever diminishing.
This is Saudi though.

We just say he is Brazil’s first choice striker and is on a long contract.

About £70m is therefore realistic imo.

The injury hasn't made him a different player. I don't know if younever watched him at Everton or Watford but like Bedford says, he's strongest attribute was his fighting spirit, not his touch, control or finishing.

Injury or no injury he's not particularly suited to the way we play or what we need from him.
And that gets clearer game by game imo
I like him
Was happy we signed him
But that was under conte
Under Ange we need someone more like Alvarez

At what level?
and define link up
he does get on the end of of things
but the standard of teams they play is really low
International football is a poor standard IMO
I was thinking the world cup, where he looked really good. Especially obviously the Korea game, when he was being marked by that Kim Min-jae that lots seem to rate.

I was thinking the world cup, where he looked really good. Especially obviously the Korea game, when he was being marked by that Kim Min-jae that lots seem to rate.

A couple of games playing at a lower level vs hundreds of games in the premier league? Think I know what evidence I'll lean towards.

A trier and by all accounts a great character, but don't think he's right for us. Bit like Soldado.

And that gets clearer game by game imo
I like him
Was happy we signed him
But that was under conte
Under Ange we need someone more like Alvarez

Most clubs could do with someone like Alvarez but you're right he'd be class for Ange.

It's not fashionable to give City any credit but they do well to have consistently have young versatile players with huge potential that are not necessarily in the first XI but still contribute massively across the course of the season. Main examples being Foden and Alvarez but Jesus was also key to them for a while.

On the general Richy discussions, it's probably predictable but I'm not really in favour of selling him unless we get a silly offer. I can't see him going back to Everton with his tail between his legs just yet, or taking an easy way out to Saudi. The guy wants to be a success here and hopefully has a better chance of it once he's fully fit but it's not like he wasn't contributing this season if still lacking a bit of end product.

Most clubs could do with someone like Alvarez but you're right he'd be class for Ange.

It's not fashionable to give City any credit but they do well to have consistently have young versatile players with huge potential that are not necessarily in the first XI but still contribute massively across the course of the season. Main examples being Foden and Alvarez but Jesus was also key to them for a while.

On the general Richy discussions, it's probably predictable but I'm not really in favour of selling him unless we get a silly offer. I can't see him going back to Everton with his tail between his legs just yet, or taking an easy way out to Saudi. The guy wants to be a success here and hopefully has a better chance of it once he's fully fit but it's not like he wasn't contributing this season if still lacking a bit of end product.

Yeah - he's not like a Hojbjerg or Dier, where possession and momentum goes to die. It's just the goal return that isn't clicking. But alround play, there's not much between him a Johnson. Different types of options, but that's healthy

Yeah - he's not like a Hojbjerg or Dier, where possession and momentum goes to die. It's just the goal return that isn't clicking. But alround play, there's not much between him a Johnson. Different types of options, but that's healthy

There's definitely been games this season where attacks have died with him. Trying little flicks, poor first touch or risky through balls etc. Losing possession is probably is probably his biggest weakness (other then his lack of goal output).

I like him but it just hasn't worked, so far anyway. Fingers crossed he can come back fitter and stronger

I can’t agree
His first touch is erratic IMO and really affects his game
He works as hard as anyone
And he is a pain for the opposition
But he lacks, so far with us, the guile we need
Even the games when he has been the creative force it hasn’t clicked because he isn’t on the wavelength of the other players

I guess it’s building whilst on top in city’s case

He does need the chance when he is fully fit. That’s fair and what any player deserves. My worry is he could be coming back at a bad time for us playing wise.. I really hope I’m wrong

What about Brazil? He links up very well with their passing AMs
It sounds like you're basing your views on a tiny sample size. The world cup was 4 games for Brazil how you can use this as some sort of basis for his ability over the 35 he has played for us and the 170 odd he has previously played in the PL confuses me. Are you sure you were watching Richalison at the World Cup and not some other player? 🤣

What's a silly offer? If you're gonna say more than we paid for him then I don't think that's silly, that's crazy. If we keep him his value is only going to keep decreasing and we end up in the same situation we have been in recent years when we literally can't give the player away because their form and performances are poor for us.

Sometimes you have to get out while you're ahead and that time would be now, we need to cut our losses and run as soon as possible. If we get an even half decent offer we have to seriously consider it.

You know Richalison is the guy playing with the No9 on his shirt right?

Johnson has been far more effective than him in half the games. You're desire to like and support Richalison is blinding your eyes to the truth. 🤣

Back