• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

fudging hell.

Funnily enough that was my first thought upon reading your post, and I could have responded as such but then for the sake of discourse instead chose to communicate like an adult using full sentences and relevant information to pad out my view on something.

Perhaps you meant it as a joke given that it was such a nonsensical question so apologies if I missed that but if serious, what do you think the miss should mean for Richarlison?

Last edited:
Funnily enough that was my first thought upon reading your post, and I could have responded as such but then for the sake of discourse instead chose to communicate like an adult using full sentences and relevant information to pad out my view on something.

Perhaps you meant it as a joke given that it was such a nonsensical question so apologies if I missed that but if serious, what do you think the miss should mean for Richarlison?

I stated. “ I don’t know what it means for him”.

A) This is not a question. Nor is it a joke.
B) It is a statement.
C) It directly answers your question “What does it mean for him then”.
D) fudge off.

I stated. “ I don’t know what it means for him”.

A) This is not a question. Nor is it a joke.
B) It is a statement.
C) It directly answers your question “What does it mean for him then”.
D) fudge off.

On A - To say you are at a loss to what it means indicates that you are posing the question to yourself and unable to find the answer, until that post nobody had asked it, so I genuinely don't understand point C. I put forward my opinion for which you are indeed welcome, if you're still at a loss I can't help on that one but at least I have tried in earnest.

Imagine asking the question to Ange, I think you'd get a stern answer including a frosty use of "mate" but that's only speculation.

As for D, it's mad how people post stuff on a discussion forum and are shocked that other people may engage with it, then choose to revert to moody teenager communication mode as a defense mechanism if it wasn't a positive response. It's absolutely nuts but you do you mate.

It means he'll try to anticipate the next chance better and we as a fanbase will continue supporting him, what else could it possibly mean?

It wasn't anywhere near as bad as the Luton player's miss not that it matters but it did seem like a header was the way to go, a shame as it was a cracking ball by Deki for sure.

Comments like the above are puzzling to me, no he hasn't suddenly started smashing in goals left right and centre but a couple of goals and assists (including a match changing impact against SU) have helped hugely and looked a part of the team doing exceptionally well.

The missed chances weren't ideal but he wasn't that bad against Luton, it's not his fault a sacrifice had to be made for the 2nd half. A home goal against Fulham will do him the world of good and it will come if he keeps on getting in the right positions
It means he was in the right place again though
That has to be a positive
I’d rather have a player miss the chance rather than miss the run

Last edited:
On A - To say you are at a loss to what it means indicates that you are posing the question to yourself and unable to find the answer, until that post nobody had asked it, so I genuinely don't understand point C. I put forward my opinion for which you are indeed welcome, if you're still at a loss I can't help on that one but at least I have tried in earnest.

Imagine asking the question to Ange, I think you'd get a stern answer including a frosty use of "mate" but that's only speculation.

As for D, it's mad how people post stuff on a discussion forum and are shocked that other people may engage with it, then choose to revert to moody teenager communication mode as a defense mechanism if it wasn't a positive response. It's absolutely nuts but you do you mate.

Anyone else laughing to themselves imagining Ange saying that in his typical gruff voice? :D:D

https://tbrfootball.com/brazilian-m...on-after-another-poor-performance-last-night/

Globoesporte released their player ratings after the game, and Richarlison was given 4.5/10 – nobody in the entire squad got a lesser.

The outlet wrote: “Another performance below expectations.

“He played marked by at least two Venezuelans most of the time. He left the area to get the ball and made execution errors.”

He should stop playing for a while, take a break and chill.

is he away with Brazil?

Hopefully he isn't and can take some time to just relax and try and get back into the right frame of mind.

https://tbrfootball.com/brazilian-m...on-after-another-poor-performance-last-night/

Globoesporte released their player ratings after the game, and Richarlison was given 4.5/10 – nobody in the entire squad got a lesser.

The outlet wrote: “Another performance below expectations.

“He played marked by at least two Venezuelans most of the time. He left the area to get the ball and made execution errors.”

He should stop playing for a while, take a break and chill.

Just not happening for him is it. It’s not for a lack of effort. He should have got some confidence with his goal against Sheffield Utd and his overall play against them and Liverpool. He will get game time to try and come good but I’d like to see him start home games primarily as the crowd have been very supportive to him. Different kettle of fish in away games where the crowd get on his back and he feels worse about himself if he misses chances. I think Johnson will be first choice when he returns but Richarlison will/should get opportunities to force his way into the side.

Just not happening for him is it. It’s not for a lack of effort. He should have got some confidence with his goal against Sheffield Utd and his overall play against them and Liverpool. He will get game time to try and come good but I’d like to see him start home games primarily as the crowd have been very supportive to him. Different kettle of fish in away games where the crowd get on his back and he feels worse about himself if he misses chances. I think Johnson will be first choice when he returns but Richarlison will/should get opportunities to force his way into the side.
With this form it's going to be hard for Ange to start him if Brennan and Veliz are fit and doing well in training

I think bringing him on when we're leading is probably win win for all.

He needs a rest for sure.

I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as made out but its clear he is massively devoid of confidence.

I really don’t know where we go from here.

I really don’t know where we go from here.

I was fairly happy to move on from it, not sure we were really covering productive ground if you don't want to discuss things on a discussion forum.

It's not unreasonable to be doubting him given the output in terms of goals and assists, it's not realistically what you want from a 60m forward and perhaps his long term future isn't at the club, but I do firmly believe he's been a useful part of what we've been doing this season and I wouldn't want to write him off (I'm not suggesting you have done so either).

Back