• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

He mentioned, that players will only use CL to get bigger contracts elsewhere. If the players want CL football they should raise it next season and ensure they qualify.

Mick, I honestly think that was said totally tongue-in-cheek. Certainly the way it came across to me.

AS I said, I realise that there was some humour in there, but the comment was totally in keeping with earlier (fairly childish) comments (by the same poster) taking yet another swipe at Redknapp, when the basis was posts concerning money spent on the squad.

Too many people fire off these snipes at him, and frankly its becoming tiresome. Particularly when everything will be resolved in the next few weeks. Sadly all I see, if he is given a contract extension, will be another tidal wave of anti Redknapp tosh

"I think it's overrated what people say about Champions League football and whatever," he told Sky Sports News.

"People would have still gone to Chelsea if they hadn't won the Champions League this year because they know it's a club that's looking to get into the Champions League positions next year.

"They pay fantastic money. If you pay players enough money and you give them good enough contracts and you show that you're ambitious, they'll come to your club.

"Champions League football, because you don't make it one year - it's one year. I think that's an excuse for players who want to leave and get better contracts elsewhere. I don't see that as a real problem.

"I think if the contract's right and they earn enough money, Premier League football is big enough."

Spurs midfielder Steve Pienaar has spent the season on loan at Everton and Redknapp believes the South African will want to stay at Goodison Park.

He added: "Steven Pienaar is a good player. I would think in all honestly he's going to want to stay at Everton. He seems to have produced his best form there. He was unlucky at Tottenham.

"He's a good player, a very very good player. It's just I had Gareth Bale playing on the left-hand side and you can't dislodge Gareth Bale. He's one of the best left-sided players in the world, without a shadow of a doubt.

"If he's going to want to stay at Everton and Everton want him then obviously the deal is going to have to be right for Tottenham, otherwise he comes back to Tottenham."
Mulumbu

Tottenham have been linked with a move for West Brom midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu but Redknapp insists he is not on the club's radar.

"I don't really know where that's come from, to be perfectly honest," he said. "That's certainly not something that I've discussed with the chairman at any time.

"He's a good player, for sure, but he's certainly not a player we've spoken about."

I have no problems with Harry being our manager and I want him to stay, but that does not make me blind to how he acts in the media, never one to miss an opportunity to absolve himself of any potential blame. He's always been short term when buying and selling, never planning beyond the current season. I just can't buy into him needing a long contract for Tottenham to achieve their goals next season.

still don't get it, I can't see where he is making excuses for anything, he's just giving his opinion of the impact of the impending loss of the manager. Look what happened when the squad thought he was off to manage England. Stability will breed results

I agree with Redknapp.

Chelsea would still sign players like Hazard and Hulk; 200k a week and ?ú40mill transfer fee's is something we will never get.

Harry Redknapp does not believe a club should allow a manager's contract to run into its final year if they rate him highly, but is happy for Tottenham to make a decision on his future.

Redknapp has just 12 months remaining on his current deal, having enjoyed a successful stint at the helm since arriving at White Hart Lane in 2008.

He is keen to sign an extension but reports have suggested chairman Daniel Levy is less enthusiastic about handing him a new long-term agreement.

Redknapp maintains he has a good relationship with Levy and is staying relaxed as he waits to discover whether Spurs want to keep him.

"People talk about it but I've never had a problem with Daniel Levy," Redknapp told Sky Sports News.

"The simple situation is that I have a year left on my contract and it is up to Tottenham whether they want to extend that or not.

"Things couldn't have gone better since I've been there. We've finished fourth twice, fifth once, quarter-finals of the Champions League and played fantastic football.

"It's a good club and I enjoy being at Tottenham."

Situation

Redknapp feels it is a dangerous tactic to let a contract draw towards its expiry date before taking action, even if he says he has not thought about looking elsewhere.

"It's not a case of me looking for security," he explained.

"What it's about, really, is that when players know they have only a year left on their contract it doesn't work.

"You don't let players run into the last year of their contract if you think they are any good and you don't let managers run into the last year of their contract if you think they are any good.

"That is the situation so it is up to the club."

Qatar

Redknapp insists he has not heard of any interest in him from other clubs, having been linked with the Chelsea job as well as a move to Qatar.

He said: "No. I don't speak to anybody else, it's not my job. I am under contract at Tottenham.

"I keep seeing something about Qatar but I've never been to Qatar in my life.

"I love it at Tottenham. I've got a good team and good players.

"It is up to the chairman. If he doesn't want to give me another contract, it is his decision.

"We'll see what happens."

11/12 Top 10 PL teams:

Emirates Marketing Project/ Squad size: 28/ Age: 26.8
Manchester United/ Squad size:30 / Age: 26.6
Arsenal/ Squad size: 30/ Age: 25.3
Tottenham Hotspur/ Squad size: 29/ Age: 28.3
Saudi Sportswashing Machine / Squad size: 30/ Age: 25.9
Chelsea / Squad size: 27/ Age: 27.5
Everton / Squad size: 23/ Age: 27.7
Liverpool / Squad size: 25/ Age: 26.6
Fulham / Squad size: 31/ Age:27.8
West Brom / Squad size: 27/ Age: 27.5

We had the youngest squad before Harry took over.

11/12 Top 10 PL teams:

we were also bottom of the league and had never made the CL or looked like title contenders

"I think it's overrated what people say about Champions League football and whatever," he told Sky Sports News.

"People would have still gone to Chelsea if they hadn't won the Champions League this year because they know it's a club that's looking to get into the Champions League positions next year.

"They pay fantastic money. If you pay players enough money and you give them good enough contracts and you show that you're ambitious, they'll come to your club.

"Champions League football, because you don't make it one year - it's one year. I think that's an excuse for players who want to leave and get better contracts elsewhere. I don't see that as a real problem.

"I think if the contract's right and they earn enough money, Premier League football is big enough."

Spurs midfielder Steve Pienaar has spent the season on loan at Everton and Redknapp believes the South African will want to stay at Goodison Park.

He added: "Steven Pienaar is a good player. I would think in all honestly he's going to want to stay at Everton. He seems to have produced his best form there. He was unlucky at Tottenham.

"He's a good player, a very very good player. It's just I had Gareth Bale playing on the left-hand side and you can't dislodge Gareth Bale. He's one of the best left-sided players in the world, without a shadow of a doubt.

"If he's going to want to stay at Everton and Everton want him then obviously the deal is going to have to be right for Tottenham, otherwise he comes back to Tottenham."
Mulumbu

Tottenham have been linked with a move for West Brom midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu but Redknapp insists he is not on the club's radar.

"I don't really know where that's come from, to be perfectly honest," he said. "That's certainly not something that I've discussed with the chairman at any time.

"He's a good player, for sure, but he's certainly not a player we've spoken about."

As much as I hate the taco, he's right about most of that.

11/12 Top 10 PL teams:

Yeah but get rid of Friedel and our average age turn to about 19 or so doesnt it ? lol

Too many people fire off these snipes at him, and frankly its becoming tiresome.

Because people acting like he's the second coming of Messiah isn't tiresome; I haven't seen him walking on water or doing anything close to a miracle during his time here.
...inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Harry Redknapp does not believe a club should allow a manager's contract to run into its final year if they rate him highly, but is happy for Tottenham to make a decision on his future.

Redknapp has just 12 months remaining on his current deal, having enjoyed a successful stint at the helm since arriving at White Hart Lane in 2008.

He is keen to sign an extension but reports have suggested chairman Daniel Levy is less enthusiastic about handing him a new long-term agreement.

Redknapp maintains he has a good relationship with Levy and is staying relaxed as he waits to discover whether Spurs want to keep him.

"People talk about it but I've never had a problem with Daniel Levy," Redknapp told Sky Sports News.

"The simple situation is that I have a year left on my contract and it is up to Tottenham whether they want to extend that or not.

"Things couldn't have gone better since I've been there. We've finished fourth twice, fifth once, quarter-finals of the Champions League and played fantastic football.

"It's a good club and I enjoy being at Tottenham."

Situation

Redknapp feels it is a dangerous tactic to let a contract draw towards its expiry date before taking action, even if he says he has not thought about looking elsewhere.

"It's not a case of me looking for security," he explained.

"What it's about, really, is that when players know they have only a year left on their contract it doesn't work.

"You don't let players run into the last year of their contract if you think they are any good and you don't let managers run into the last year of their contract if you think they are any good.

"That is the situation so it is up to the club."

Qatar

Redknapp insists he has not heard of any interest in him from other clubs, having been linked with the Chelsea job as well as a move to Qatar.

He said: "No. I don't speak to anybody else, it's not my job. I am under contract at Tottenham.

"I keep seeing something about Qatar but I've never been to Qatar in my life.

"I love it at Tottenham. I've got a good team and good players.

"It is up to the chairman. If he doesn't want to give me another contract, it is his decision.

"We'll see what happens."

There's insensitive. Then there's Redknapp.

Can't believe he's come out with all this crap today.

To be frank, as a massive Redknapp fan I was utterly aghast at that interview because in effect he was publicly putting Levy on the spot. Surely you just cannot do that to your Chairman?

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but the question has to be asked, how is Levy going to take it? Unless he's prepared to rise above it I will not be surprised if it's here we go again, Redknapp sacked and same old Tottenham right back to square one.

To be frank, as a massive Redknapp fan I was utterly aghast at that interview because in effect he was publicly putting Levy on the spot. Surely you just cannot do that to your Chairman?

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but the question has to be asked, how is Levy going to take it? Unless he's prepared to rise above it I will not be surprised if it's here we go again, Redknapp sacked and same old Tottenham right back to square one.

Its classic Redknapp though, isnt it? Using the press as for power plays...

As someone said above, Levy should be used to it - the question for me though is whether or not he is fed up with it.

Its the sort of behaviour I imagine goes very much against the grain with him...

Because people acting like he's the second coming of Messiah isn't tiresome; I haven't seen him walking on water or doing anything close to a miracle during his time here.
...inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Thats just drivel, the fantasies of a fevered imagination. People stick up for him, but I don't know of one poster who thinks he is miracle worker, but plenty who don't think that he's the waste of space that muppets like you paint him as.

Its classic Redknapp though, isnt it? Using the press as for power plays...

As someone said above, Levy should be used to it - the question for me though is whether or not he is fed up with it.

Its the sort of behaviour I imagine goes very much against the grain with him...

Too true. Point is Redknapp wants a shiny new three/four year contract from the very man he's just embarrassed publicly. How does that work?

I was unaware. Noticed Steff mentioned a recent bereavement, but no detail anywhere else (unless Ive totally missed it)

Does seem a bit classless.

No I picked it up from Steff too (who knows his stuff on things like this), and have since seen more details in other places.

She has been quite seriously ill for a while, and apparently died yesterday.

Back