• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp Vs AVB vs Jol

Your favorite recent (successful) manager

• Jol

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Redknapp

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • AVB

Votes: 48 57.1%

• Total voters
My personal opinion is that the Premiership was weaker last year than it has been for many a year. I think this year it will be even weaker. I wouldn't be shocked if we break our points total again this season and finish 6th!

i think the reverse, except maybe at the very top where there has been a bit of drop in quality (on paper anyway) but the top 5 teams are closer together than in a very long time and several of the smaller teams have improved to a decent level, Norwich, Southampton and Villa as good examples - only Palace really look like being certified whipping boys at present, maybe Hull as well but i haven't really followed their activity this summer. Cardiff look to be building a decent premiership side. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a squad full of international quality players and if Pardew can get them back onside they'll be another team that can take points off bigger teams. Liverpool will threaten to join in on the top 5 - in fact it's only really Everton atm who i think will possibly be weaker than last season. think we'll see the top 5 this season score considerably less points than last season

i think the reverse, except maybe at the very top there has been a bit of drop in quality (on paper anyway) but the top 5 teams are closer together than in a very long time and several of the smaller teams have improved to a decent level, Norwich, Southampton and Villa as good examples - only Palace really look like being certified whipping boys at present, maybe Hull as well but i haven't really followed their activity this summer. Cardiff look to be building a decent premiership side. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a squad full of international quality players and if Pardew can get them back onside they'll be another team that can take points off bigger teams. Liverpool will threaten to join in on the top 5 - in fact it's only really Everton atm who i think will possibly be weaker than last season. think we'll see the top 5 this season score considerably less points than last season

I agree, the league is more even than it has been for a long time

i think the reverse, except maybe at the very top where there has been a bit of drop in quality (on paper anyway) but the top 5 teams are closer together than in a very long time and several of the smaller teams have improved to a decent level, Norwich, Southampton and Villa as good examples - only Palace really look like being certified whipping boys at present, maybe Hull as well but i haven't really followed their activity this summer. Cardiff look to be building a decent premiership side. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a squad full of international quality players and if Pardew can get them back onside they'll be another team that can take points off bigger teams. Liverpool will threaten to join in on the top 5 - in fact it's only really Everton atm who i think will possibly be weaker than last season. think we'll see the top 5 this season score considerably less points than last season

#-o Couldn't wait til after Sunday?!!

LOL. The EPL is worse so that means anything that AVB does is not as good as anything that previous managers did.

Of course the opposite is the truth. It is even harder these days to get success.

LOL. The EPL is worse so that means anything that AVB does is not as good as anything that previous managers did.

Of course the opposite is the truth. It is even harder these days to get success.

At least to break into the top 4.

Essentially Emirates Marketing Project have replaced Liverpool in the top 4 (and obviously surpassed what Liverpool did in the top 4). They're a significantly stronger side. United are what they are, Chelsea have wobbled, but now look back on track. Arsenal might be a touch weaker than they were before, but compared to previously where finishing ahead of either Arsenal or Liverpool would do it we now have to finish ahead of both or one of those and Chelsea.

It doesn't matter if the smaller teams are weaker now compared to the bigger teams as they are weaker against our top 4 rivals too. Doesn't matter how poor Reading or Aston Villa are, doesn't make it any easier to get ahead of Arsenal.

Jol - as stated did an incredible job to start our tansition up the league

Redknapp - achieved what no other did - a CL party and would have twice if it wasnt for those pesky Chelsea kids

AVB - to early to judge, but the early signs are that he will be massive for us

COYS

No one has said that. AVB has assembled the best Premiership Tottenham squad ever for this season, and that is already a fantastic achievement. Finishing 5th last season was on par.

There is also no doubt in my mind that he has more ability than Redknapp or Jol. But that means nothing unless he actually delivers. If AVB finishes 3rd then he'll be our best ever Premiership Manager IMO.

Jol - as stated did an incredible job to start our tansition up the league

Redknapp - achieved what no other did - a CL party and would have twice if it wasnt for those pesky Chelsea kids

AVB - to early to judge, but the early signs are that he will be massive for us

COYS

I think that sums up it up nicely. Jol and Redknapp were fantastic for us, and may have gone on to achieve even better things had they stayed longer AND been backed. AVB has also been fantastic for us so far, and has been backed. If we keep Bale this season then I am expecting big big things from this season.

An interesting side note. Redknapp was always slated for wanting players like Joe Cole and Phil Neville. We were linked with Garry Hooper in January under AVB. So either both managers made the odd clanger or they were restricted to who they could buy under our transfer policy.

An interesting side note. Redknapp was always slated for wanting players like Joe Cole and Phil Neville. We were linked with Garry Hooper in January under AVB. So either both managers made the odd clanger or they were restricted to who they could buy under our transfer policy.

There's a difference between the manager saying he wants a player and the press making brick up.

I'm surprised at you too - playing dumb just to make a non-existent point.

There's a difference between the manager saying he wants a player and the press making brick up.

I'm surprised at you too - playing dumb just to make a non-existent point.

So when AVB wants a brick player it's the media, when Redknapp wanted someone brick it's the truth? :lol:

For the record I don't deny Redknapp would have liked those players, but it's funny to see you try and spin your way out of it when it comes to AVB.

I liked Redknapp (although not so much in his last season) and I like AVB. And although Jol was a very likeable manager, he's not as good as the other two.

were there any quotes from AVB on Hooper like there were for the examples you have given for Redknapp?

no quotes no dice ;)

Here's what I think may have happened in January. AVB goes to Levy and asks for reinforcements in the striker department, Levy tells him no, work with what you have or maybe you can have someone cheap if you like. Ok, the Hooper links may or may not be a load of crap, but we've definitely been hamstrung in the transfer market at times under ENIC in certain transfer windows (this January particularly). I think now they have finally realised that you have to pay through the nose when it comes to transfer fees for top strikers. This window, we have acted shrewdly and quickly for the most part because we've struggled in the early games of the season in the past because we've not concluded our business earlier.

So when AVB wants a brick player it's the media, when Redknapp wanted someone brick it's the truth? :lol:

For the record I don't deny Redknapp would have liked those players, but it's funny to see you try and spin your way out of it when it comes to AVB.

I liked Redknapp (although not so much in his last season) and I like AVB. And although Jol was a very likeable manager, he's not as good as the other two.

Not surprising that people will use spurious media stories to support their bias though is it?

Back