• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Real madrid partnership announced

WIth Sahn, if he proves to be decent in the Premier League, and Mourinho changes his mind about keeping him after the loan ends, then suddenly we may be in a stronger position.
If we even want or need him then.

I thought the Real president (is it Perez?) was annoyed with Levy fannying around and vice versa?
I thought everyone hated Levy because he is 'different' and a pain to work with.

Oh wait, that was bullsh*t

Shrewd Spurs will profit doubly from the sale of Luka Modric to Real Madrid, according to Guillem Balague.

The two clubs have finally agreed a five-year deal for the Croatian international thought to be worth at least £33m. Modric deal agreed.

Balague told Sky Sports News HD that Real have decided to pay more than they hoped following their 2-1 away defeat to Getafe on Sunday.

And he praised Spurs chairman Daniel Levy for negotiating a partnership that forges closer ties between the clubs on the playing, coaching and commercial fronts.

"It's taken so long because Spurs want to find a replacement - that's what Real Madrid have been saying. They must be on the verge of getting one or perhaps more than one," said Balague

Surprise

"Did you see the result at the weekend? That's probably one of the reasons why everything was rushed. Of course there is the second leg of the Super Cup on Wednesday and Real Madrid wanted to do it before that, too.

"The basic figures had been agreed a long time ago. Real Madrid say it is about 35m Euros but I hear it could go up to 37m Euros; Spurs perhaps managed to get a couple of million more last night because of the situation. We're talking about £29.2m in the exchange rate at the moment.

"So it is one that was going to happen and one that has got the surprise addition of a partnership with Real Madrid.

"As you know Spurs have got a partnership with four clubs around the world - that's a commercial and a football partnership. I've known for a while that Spurs have wanted to find a club in Spain that they can link themselves too and there's no bigger than Real Madrid.

"So it is about exchanging players, exchanging coaching information, commercial deals and friendlies that will be played in the next few years.

"It's no more than that. There may be interest from Real Madrid on Gareth Bale but it's not that sort of commercial deal. It's more to do with the academies and with the possibility of exchanging coaching information and coaches."

Intelligent

In a statement Real Madrid president Florentino Perez welcomed "the cementing of a longer-term partnership" between the Spanish Champions and Spurs, which Balague believes will help Los Blancos nurture their next generation of players.

"You've got Jose Mourinho in charge at the moment and he's like the No 3 at the club, so he takes big decisions - big strategic decisions and this is one of them," added Balague.

"He loves the fact that players, even young players, can go to the Premier League and learn things that they cannot learn in Spain about the tempo of the game, they can make themselves stronger.

"You saw during the Nuri Sahin deal he wanted Sahin to go to either Liverpool or Arsenal. There were offers from Germany and Turkey, but he thought that the Premier League was the perfect place to develop a player.

"Well, you can think exactly the same about the Academy players and now Jose Mourinho has got influence and power on that so it makes sense from both sides.

"I think it is a good decision and I'm pleased; Daniel Levy is one of the most intelligent men in football, the way that he manages his business. What he's got out of this deal suggests as much."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12087/8022979/Modric-move-smart-

I'm very pleased as we need to wake up and realise we're not in the CL every year we have a stadium that's half the size of most of the top 4-5 clubs and we aren't bank-rolled by a billionaire playing real-life football manager.

This means we have to get seriously creative and intelligent to be successful. The best and most successful clubs in our position are always clubs that use extensive scouting networks to get ahead of the game, sign the best up and coming players and move them on after a few years for the best profit. You look at clubs like Porto - they've has great success despite not being competitive financially due to this model. I think its the model Levy likes and the 'new direction' he wanted to go in when Redknapp got the boot.

Maybe we will get some of their promising youngsters on loan every time they cherry pick our best players?

They do have a lot of high quality cast offs - just look at the sort of players the pass on because they dont want them. We benefited with VDV dont forget - if this "partneship" was simply first refusal on players like this I would be delighted.

I suspect it will also include money spinning friendlies etc as well.

Unless we get Ronaldo in part-exchange (and not a day before his 37th birthday!!) then we've been shafted!

Nah, seriously, I think Levy knew last year Modric was going to leave, he's just had 12 months to dream up a Master plan... and this could be one hell of a Mater Plan...

MWOOH-HA-HA-HA-HAAAA!

BTW, anyone else reckon our decision to go 'ALL-WHITE' this season, has had anything to do with the potential 'Commercial Ventures' between the club?
Much easier to market 2 brands that are wearing EXACTLY the same colours... I expect UA are rubbing their hands at the chance to make Real's kit in a year or so...

I doubt if big transfers will be affected. It hasn't done us any favours with Internacional in that respect, has it?
Fringe players, why not? Its obvious that some of their out of favour players might be highly sought after by the likes of ourselves. Occasionally you hear of some odd deals - KPB ending up at Milan for example - and I could imagine people like Pienaar and Krancjar last season, and maybe Huddlestone this season, they might fancy for a loan. Not every signing they make has to be a Galactico.

Coaching and perhaps more significantly scouting is very very useful. We will have top, top information on the Premier league clubs, Reals main rivals for the CL bar Barcelona. We are not likely to be a major rival for Real this year (bar a CL disaster for them) and even in the CL in the future, it's unlikely we will meet in any given year. I anticipate AVB and Jose probably have good personal ties anyway from a coaching perspective.

Commercially, it could be massive...... And we may never know. We are after big money for the stadium, all things not just naming rights, and Reals contacts could open many doors.

people make me laugh - always going for the worst scenario imaginable - can anyone name me a partnership out there where one club is allowed to cherry pick from the other ? (at this sort of level)

we now have a link with the biggest club in the world, with potential to strengthen both our scouting and marketing networks - we already have a decent foothold in South America with similar deals with Internacional of Brazil and Independiete del Valle of Ecuador and in adding Real Madrid to that list we could get ourselves in an even better position. the club are trying to put some focus on the far east and the US - places in which Madrid are huge - again something we can use to get ourselves in to a better position - it may all sound rather boring but friendlies in the Far East against Real Madrid as opposed to the China trophy against the likes of West Ham and Bolton are polar opposites in terms of marketing. I expect this deal will be worth some good money for a number of years.

So whilst we've gone and made a whole statement about it and got very excited, Real Madrid just put a short little paragraph on their website and spelt our club's name wrong...

Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspurs have reached an agreement for the transfer of Luka Modric, who will sign a five-year contract with the club. Both clubs have also entered into a collaboration agreement.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satell...ia/ComunicadoOficial/Oficial_Announcement.htm

So whilst we've gone and made a whole statement about it and got very excited, Real Madrid just put a short little paragraph on their website and spelt our club's name wrong...

Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspurs have reached an agreement for the transfer of Luka Modric, who will sign a five-year contract with the club. Both clubs have also entered into a collaboration agreement.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satell...ia/ComunicadoOficial/Oficial_Announcement.htm

The two clubs will naturally put more emphasis on different aspects of the deal to make their supporters think they've got the best deal. The complete details will probably never be known.

There are two good reasons why the statements are different.

One, we have reluctantly sold our best player so there is not much to crow about or tell the fans, They have signed a new good player and want to introduce him to the fans. They have good news to announce, we don't, so resort to the announcement to try and put a positive spin on developments.

Two, we have formed a commercial agreement with the biggest club in the world. They have signed one with the fourth biggest in England.

I can't see that much coming out from this deal other than maybe a few Real Madrid academy rejects. A bit like when we bought GDS from Barcelona. I don't want to be negative or wet everyone's happiness about this, it's just they probably have the better end of the deal.

I can't see that much coming out from this deal other than maybe a few Real Madrid academy rejects. A bit like when we bought GDS from Barcelona. I don't want to be negative or wet everyone's happiness about this, it's just they probably have the better end of the deal.

are you referring to the commercial deal or the transfer in general ?

can't see them getting more than us out of any commercial deal if im honest

are you referring to the commercial deal or the transfer in general ?

can't see them getting more than us out of any commercial deal if im honest

Commercial, obviously. I can see them getting quite a few good players out of us, whereas I can't see us signing Casillas and Ronaldo...

i don't believe that this deal will involve any clause regarding the transfer of first team players

our scouting and marketing networks will increase due to this deal a hell of a lot more than theirs will

Commercial, obviously. I can see them getting quite a few good players out of us, whereas I can't see us signing Casillas and Ronaldo...

Wouldn't expect us to sign players as expensive as them anyway. What we could see is one or two players that are on fringes of their squad coming here, that have come through their academy, with a considerable buy back-clause.

Back