• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Real madrid partnership announced

lads calm down. it means some of the modric fee is payable with friendlys arranged between the 2 clubs. no bale, no sandro

There were rumours about a friendly being arranged. So that means we are helping them raise the money to buy our player. Some deal.

These tie-up deals don't mean much on players. We got Sandro from Inter, but our deal hasn't helped with Leandro. Likewise, it won't make it much easier for them to get our players as there will be interest from other clubs for Bale and Sandro if he develops the way we hope.

He didn't refuse - simply wasn't selected for obvious reasons. Happrned in the past with other players

He refused to turn up for training prior to our trip to the States and he refused to make the trip to the states, or have you forgotten that was why he was fined?

Mourinho will come to us when he returns to the EPL ! Will we get discounts if we watch at their ground ?

It wont mean much, maybe some behind the scenes stuff.

People saying it means Bale will be going there etc are daft, Levy isnt that stupid.

"The partnership agreement will see the two Clubs working together in respect of players, coaching, best practices and commercial relationships."

So basically, they will get first refusal on Bale, Sandro, Walker, Vertonghen etc whilst we get the odd Iago Falque type player from their reserves. If there was any sort of relationship being put in place we should have insisted that Sahin did not go to a Premier League rival. The ONLY scenario I can see where it was acceptable for us to not get Sahin if this is a genuine partnership is because we are confident of agreeing a move for another, very specific, Modric replacement.

I suppose though that it is worth making sure Levy and Modric leave on good terms. We all know that Modric has acted like a taco this summer, but when he goes and starts talking to his new team mates in the dressing room at Real Madrid then he'll only tell his side of the story which is that Levy wouldn't let him leave when he wanted to go. If he only talks about his good times at Spurs then we have a far better chance of signing another Van Der Vaart type player that becomes available at short notice.

Think we must know for sure now that Real will be playing us for Ledley's testimonial.

"The partnership agreement will see the two Clubs working together in respect of players, coaching, best practices and commercial relationships."

So basically, they will get first refusal on Bale, Sandro, Walker, Vertonghen etc whilst we get the odd Iago Falque type player from their reserves. If there was any sort of relationship being put in place we should have insisted that Sahin did not go to a Premier League rival. The ONLY scenario I can see where it was acceptable for us to not get Sahin if this is a genuine partnership is because we are confident of agreeing a move for another, very specific, Modric replacement.

I suppose though that it is worth making sure Levy and Modric leave on good terms. We all know that Modric has acted like a taco this summer, but when he goes and starts talking to his new team mates in the dressing room at Real Madrid then he'll only tell his side of the story which is that Levy wouldn't let him leave when he wanted to go. If he only talks about his good times at Spurs then we have a far better chance of signing another Van Der Vaart type player that becomes available at short notice.

Think we must know for sure now that Real will be playing us for Ledley's testimonial.

I'd be amazed if we were prepared to enter an agreement which prevented us maximising the amount we received on player sales.

More likely they will be kept informed of interest from other clubs, if anything at all regarding our players.

I actually think this is a smart move for several reasons:
- we now have a powerful ally at the top table of the G14.
- we can probably make use of Real's extensive connections and scouting network in S. America.
- for example a player like Neymar might be on Real's radar for 2-3 years time but they w ouldnt mind him being broken in in Europe first so a deal is put in place for us to sign him we have him a few years and if he works out real buy him off us for a big profit.
- we have seen that just because there is a partnership in place doesn't mean we just give up our players whenever they feel like it - see Inter and Oscar who they sold to Chelsea and Damiao

Anyone who thinks madrid will now get first dibs on our players is an idiot. Why when negotiating a deal that we held all the cards for would we agree to something? If you think levy would sell bale to Madrid for 40mill while barca offered 41mill due to an agreement then you Truely are clueless about Daniel levy.

It's clearly an excellent deal and a reason why Levy is the clever bastard that he is.

They won't have caved on a straight up fee and Levy judged that we needed to move Modric on, but also needed something to make it a good deal for us. There's no telling what kind of players we may end up with from this. As mentioned above, we could end up getting players that Real want to acclimatise to Europe before adding them to their squad, we could hear first about the players they want to sell, and get preferential prices for them. But I don't think it means we have to accept a lesser fee for our players going to them, it just means we have a ready made club so we don't have to sell to a PL rival.

And on Sahin, I think if we wanted him, we would have got him. Nothing about the deal taking longer so we didn't get him. I can only assume AVB doesn't rate him for whatever reason.

Back