• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs WBA

I made a joke................a joke directly aimed at your atrocious score predictions, and you know it.

Did I make a comment like......."how can you give player x a 5 and player y a 7" ?? No.

To be fair, your joke was telling him his ratings (opinion) were worse than his predictions (which I'm assuming were wrong). Therefore your basically saying his opinion is brick, but with no reference to what you disagreed with. A direct insult. That's a minor violation if ever I saw one, you played the man not the ball.

Lloris - 7

Walker - 7
Dawson - 7
Vertonghen - 7
Ekotto - 7

Lennon - 7
Dembele - 7
Parker - 7
Bale - 9

Dempsey -7
Defoe - 6

Holtby - 7

Though Parker was much better today, he played more defensive role, passing much improved (93% success rate) and less ambitious. We look so much better as a 4411 than a 442 in the absence of Sandro. Will be interesting to see Holtby playing behind Ade next week. I'm sure ir will benefit both their games.

and Mullet was also joking right?

who cares if anyones joking anyway when the main issue is that we're all disagreeing with each others rating. Mullet asked me if i watched the games because he disagreed with my rating..that's fact. Since my post there has also been another case of someone saying 'how can you give this player this rating'/

I will take punishments when i'm wrong without making a fuss (and you know that) but no way will i take someone telling me to stop doing something and letting others do the same damn thing (including yourself....btw if it was different why did your next post basically put your hands up to your mistake).

Please give it a rest and stop taking threads off topic with petty feuds

Lloris 8 - Some wonderful punces and catches to relieve any pressure. Good distribution and loved his sweeper keeping, as usual!

Walker 6 - Positionally all over the place a few times in the first half. Linked up more promisingly with Lennon on a few occassions.
Dawson 6.5 - Had his hands full with Long and Lukaku; looked much more assured following the Red - as you would expect.
Verts 6.5 - See above
Ekotto 7 - Looked a bit rusty at first but grew into the game and provided good width to help open space in the middle

Lennon 7 - Bright start, though influence waned he always remains a threat and rarely wastes the ball.
Parker 6.5 - Looked off the pace in the first half but began to look like his old self into the second half.
Dembele 7.5 - Was quite impressed with him today, shame he can't shoot!
Dempsey 7 - Tidy in posession and worked hard. Lacked the the killer instinct today.

Bale 9 - Brilliant all over the park
Defoe 6 - Little threat from JD before going off

Subs:
Holtby 8 - Infectious enthusiasm, love his work rate. Always looks to make the first time pass and up the tempo - something we have missed without Modric and VDV.
Gallas 7 - Did everything that was required of him and did it well
Siggy 6 - Little time; our best corner taker

7yOT6kk.jpg

Sorry, thought you said pretty Freunds

What feuds ffs? read the thread again ffs and see me state that we should just give our rating. you guys act like utter bullies sometimes and find it so so easy to pick faults at people but can't hold your hand up when you're in the wrong. WHo exactly am i feuding with..jesus.

You can ban me i don't care anymore but don't you dare try and twist it as if i'm in the wrong. i will never accept a punishment or someone telling me to stop doing something if they ignore others doing the same thing (including themselves). If that goes against what you want to see on this site then..well..

Lloris 7 - Safe hands and superb awareness of the through balls

Walker 7 - Only caught out once and got forward well
Vertonghen 7 - Not troubled much and good distribution
Dawson 7 - Decent
BAE 6,5 - Shakey first half but improved in the second half.

Parker 6 - Good work rate but didn't seem to control the ball well today.
Dembele 7 - Good not great.
Lennon 7 - Faded in the second half as West Brom sat back but still a good performance.
Bale 9 - Superb display
Dempsey 5 - Awful first touch today but was largely played out of position

Defoe 5,5 - Anonymous effort until his injury

Holtby 7 - Looked lively, he seems to fit very nicely with our style of play

To be fair, your joke was telling him his ratings (opinion) were worse than his predictions (which I'm assuming were wrong). Therefore your basically saying his opinion is brick, but with no reference to what you disagreed with. A direct insult. That's a minor violation if ever I saw one, you played the man not the ball.

Oh, what a surprise that YOU would jump in.

Do you just sit there waiting for the opportunity to pick up on something a mod says or does?

Get a life.

and Mullet was also joking right?

who cares if anyones joking anyway when the main issue is that we're all disagreeing with each others rating. Mullet asked me if i watched the games because he disagreed with my rating..that's fact. Since my post there has also been another case of someone saying 'how can you give this player this rating'/

I will take punishments when i'm wrong without making a fuss (and you know that) but no way will i take someone telling me to stop doing something and letting others do the same damn thing (including yourself....btw if it was different why did your next post basically put your hands up to your mistake).

An unfortunate typo which is now corrected

You're right. A few of Dempsey's passes found a Spurs player - deserves 0.5-1 more than Parker I'd say.

Why do you or your side kick even bother to post anything about Parker? We all know it will be critical. Even if Parker took on the whole opposition on his own and scored a hat-tick, you would still find something to criticise in his game.

You lambasted Harry for picking Parker ahead of Huddlestone last year; now AVB does the same, even though Parker is clearly not yet match fit in his passing and game control and Huddlestone is available and much fitter...

Any conclusions???

7yOT6kk.jpg

Sorry, thought you said pretty Freunds

:ross:

He is just wonderful...his mega-leaps after every goal are becoming a thing of gold-plated legend. His shameless wearing of the mullet, which he continues to still try and rock in that middle-aged way, his mad eyes, his enthusiasm, (clears throat) I LOVE STEFFEN FREUUUUUUUUND, STEFFAN FREUND LOVES MEEE!

Lloris 8 - Vital work early on when Daws and Verts were doing their 'do we know each other' impression. Excellent display.

Walker 7 - Recovered from wobbly first 15 minutes to produce a very strong performance both back and front.
Dawson 6.5 - Worked his way through some poor positional play and horrendous 'distribution' to lead with great spirit.
Verts 6.5 - See above sans 'distribution' comment.
Ekotto 7 - Absolutely vital right now. Extra attacking option and looks like he is managing to close in on his better form.

Lennon 7 - solid, couple of fine crosses, wish he'd continued his run to meet Bale's cross in the first-half.
Parker 7 - kept himself in the game first-half, found another level second-half. He is not Sandro and I won't hold him to that. Fine second-half.
Dembele 7 - Consistently decent today.
Dempsey 7 - Worked exceptionally hard in a match where he basically ended up playing three different positions on 90+ minutes. He lacks a yard, he wasn't as sharp in front of goal as you'd have hoped, but his sheer bravery and work-rate was admirable.

Bale 9 - On another planet. Fails to get a 10 simply because, well, you feel this will not be the last of this calibre this season. Unplayable.
Defoe 6.5 - Did surprisingly well holding up the ball as we struggled to find the match in the first 20 mins, and again, given that he should actually not be starting right now, he gets my applause. Sadly he will now get the rest he needs!!!!!!

Subs:
Holtby 8 - quite clearly a fine talent, and brings unique spring and 'fizz' to the squad
Gallas 6 - solid
Siggy 6 - solid

AVB 8 - tried some other stuff in the first-half today, was astute in making sure we won the match but also maintained control and discipline.
Freundy 9 - yet another passionate display from the space invader, topped off by a world class celebration.

There is a definite attempt to replicate The Hoff's 'style' in this stunning, sexy portrait. He's fudging sexier than Steffi Graff anyway!!!!! Get him in Chich's basement for a make-over, put a pint of whiskey on the table and perhaps!!!!!!!
:eek:

Dembele needs to pass faster first-time and stop dwelling on/dribbling with the ball all the time. Same with our other players except Holtby, though Bale gets more leeway since he's capable of those individual goals. We're missing out on seeing opportunities here because we take so long to figure out what to do with the ball and our passing tends to slow down play by forcing the receiver to readjust his body rather than keep running along the same momentum. It reminds me of Liverpool last season, except for less possession in the final third - lots of passing, no real target in the box, loads of shots but very few CLEARCUT chances created thanks to the slowness of play.

I think it's general team issues like that that are a bigger problem than individual performances (lack of a smart striker aside). Having said that, Lewis will look better and better the more familiar he gets with his teammates, and Ade's return will help.

Holtby seems the be the only player we have centrally who is capable of passing and moving. I said it after his little cameo against Norwich and after watching him for longer today I continue to believe that. He passes, moves, passes, moves. In fact he doesn't stop running. So many times I saw Dembele or Parker pass and just stay in the same position, so if they were to receive it, we'd just be back where we were and make no progress really, pretty much relying on our striker to come and drop deep to receive it to start an attack or wait on some brilliance for Bale.

Dembele needs to pass faster first-time and stop dwelling on/dribbling with the ball all the time. Same with our other players except Holtby, though Bale gets more leeway since he's capable of those individual goals. We're missing out on seeing opportunities here because we take so long to figure out what to do with the ball and our passing tends to slow down play by forcing the receiver to readjust his body rather than keep running along the same momentum. It reminds me of Liverpool last season, except for less possession in the final third - lots of passing, no real target in the box, loads of shots but very few CLEARCUT chances created thanks to the slowness of play.

I think it's general team issues like that that are a bigger problem than individual performances (lack of a smart striker aside). Having said that, Lewis will look better and better the more familiar he gets with his teammates, and Ade's return will help.

When you're lacking your point-man upfront, and when your centre midfield has been re-jigged with the incoming player the sort who holds the ball a bit longer than the injured incumbent, I think it is a natural problem to work through...

When you're lacking your point-man upfront, and when your centre midfield has been re-jigged with the incoming player the sort who holds the ball a bit longer than the injured incumbent, I think it is a natural problem to work through...

I agree this is a natural problem, I just don't know what we can do about it without dipping into the market. The problem's not just Parker - it's about Dembele and Lennon and Bale and Demps and Defoe and Walker as well, all of whom can dribble but too rarely play one-touch football and display actual vision. I want to work with what we have (well, not like we have a choice) and hope that just the addition of a striker will solve most of our woes, but I really suspect that the natural game of most of our players isn't strong enough on the pass-and-move. Carroll looks like that kind of player, but quality wise is closer to a smaller Joe Allen than a Modric. Siggy shows glimpses, but also comes across as not very dynamic.

AVB has his work cut out for him! :lol:

Last edited:
Why do you or your side kick even bother to post anything about Parker? We all know it will be critical. Even if Parker took on the whole opposition on his own and scored a hat-tick, you would still find something to criticise in his game.

You lambasted Harry for picking Parker ahead of Huddlestone last year; now AVB does the same, even though Parker is clearly not yet match fit in his passing and game control and Huddlestone is available and much fitter...

Any conclusions???

Differing opinions on football forum shocker

Back