• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs QPR

First half was as bad as i have seen us play.

Friedel 6 Good save early on

Walker 6 Not THAT bad, alright at the back, a couple of poor crosses though
Gallas 7 Good headers late on
Vertonghen 8 Fantastic, not bad at left back at all either.
Bale 7 Bad decision to play him left back, but made the difference in the end as always

Lennon 5 No end product
Sandro 5 Far from his best
Siggurdson 4 Poor
Dembele 5 Seems to do the same trick over and over again, and it works but passing wasnt good enough today

Dempsey- 4 Poor
Defoe 6 Scored

Caulker 7 Strong again

Friedel - 7

Walker - 6
Gallas - 6
Vertonghen - 8 (MotM)
Bale - 6

Sandro -6
Dembele -6
Dempsey -6

Lennon - 7
Sigurdsson -5
Defoe -6

Caulker -7
Huddlestone -6
Townsend -6

AVB -7 Changed things at just the right time.

Friedel - 7

Walker - 6
Gallas - 6
Vertonghen - 8 (MotM)
Bale - 6

Sandro -6
Dembele -6
Dempsey -6

Lennon - 7
Sigurdsson -5
Defoe -6

Caulker -7
Huddlestone -6
Townsend -6

AVB -7 Changed things at just the right time.

The right time was 20 mins into the game. Maybe 10 actually. Anyways learning curve. I can deal with mistakes like anyone he will make mistakes the successful people will learn from those mistakes. I hate it when those mistakes occur again and again.

Friedel - 8.5

Walker - 6
Gallas - 6
Vertonghen - 8
Bale - 6.5

Sandro -6
Dembele -7
Dempsey -7

Lennon - 7.5
Sigurdsson -5
Defoe -7.5

Caulker -7.5
Huddlestone -
Townsend -

Watched on a dodgy stop start stream and Tony Gale was winding me up in the first half. But when AVB made the sub second half Gale said we matched their 4-4-1-1 and said we had better players and wondered why AVB did not make the switch earlier. He was absolutely correct.
Night and day first and second half. Caulker looked good in defence and at corners. Every other player looked decent. Weird game. I genuinely never thought we would lose it.

gallas was as good as, if not better than verts in my opinion.. still has a good turn of foot and made no mistakes..

won headers, marshalled, was calm and composed and generally handled hoilett better than anyone.

those calling for the glue factory are deluded.

Friedel - 7
Walker - 4 (the lad is an absolute liability defensively)
Gallas - 7.5
Verts - 7
Bale - 6
Lennon - 6.5
Sandra - 5.5 (unusually sloppy and looked tired)
Dembele - 6 (worst game for us but still decent)
Dempsey - 6.5
Sig - 5
Defoe - 6.5

Caulker - 6
Hudd and AT - n.a

My thoughts on the game

- f#%k Tony Gale
- QPR is a decent side, they gave Cheat$ki a very hard time last week, gave us the same

Players

- Vertonghen, amazing buy, amazing tackle, brilliant bursting run playing as FB, cultured footballer playing CB
- Dembele, actually thought he had a better first half, faded in the 2nd
- Sandro, did the tackling and harassing well, passing was very poor, would like a fit parker as an option
- Lennon, good game, getting back to his best, glad to see actually opt for a shot.
- Bale/JD, very similar for me, in and out, if they made the most of their opportunities, no one would be complaining about the game now.
- Sig, very little impact, think our next lineup should be similar to how we started second half.

AVB - bad initial lineup and team struggled today, but he changed it, and we won.

Overall, strange game, better possession with little edge in first half (and QPR pressured us), less possession, more open game in 2nd, could easily have been 2-2 or 4-2 to us, 3 points in the bag, time to move on.

Brad - 8 Brilliant saves in the first half. Kept us in the game.

Walker - 5 poor game, gave away possession too easily, looked shaky at times and used his pace to get him out of trouble. Too often troubled by Hoillet (who I think we should have bought in January.)
Gallas - 6 Steady game, won some important headers
Verts -9 MOM.Simply Brilliant. Was our matchwinner today - match winning tackle and fantastic burst forward and great ball to set up Bale prior to Defoes goal
Bale 5/7 Poor first half and looked out of place at LB. Much better when moved forward in second half, but a bit greedy at times

Sandro 5 - Lost midfield battle. Not his usual self and gave ball away too easily. QPR generally much sharper in central midfield and much hungrier than us. Possibly a hangover from Thursday
Dembele 5 - worst game for us. Same comments as for Sandro. Appalling in first half and got worse in second!

Lennon 6 - ok, but I dont understand the Lennon love on this board. Today he didnt do anything for me to open up the opposition. Can anyone remind me of anything he did to create a clear cut chance (apart from the one to Defoe late on)?
Sig 4 - totally anonymous. Dempsey and him got in each others way in the first half. Rightly subbed at Half time.
Dempsey- 5 poor first half (see above) marginally better in second half when he won a few headers

Defoe 6 - got an extra point for the goal, but is not a leader of the line. Not enough clever movement and still doesnt bend his runs to beat the offside trap. Can someone please teach him the rule. Frustratingly he often just stands in an offside position, never looks down the line and often is caught simply being too lazy to get onside quickly enough (like vWBA).

Caulker 7 - looked solid enough and won some important headers in both boxes

AVB 4. Shocking set up to begin with. Bale is not a LB. The team were so poor in the first half that we never even created a single chance. Slow, predictable, lethargic and less hungry than a depleted QPR side. We didnt look like we would score in a month of sundays. Suddenly we got a bit of luck (at long last) with the own goal and then scored again a couple of minutes later. Other than that we totally lacked ideas, creativity and will to win. VERY VERY LUCKY today imo. We never deserved to win that game and need to start much much faster in the future. There was no movement by our attacking players in the first half and no-one for our defenders to pass to. Too much tappy tappy, going nowhere and not hurting the opposition by playing boring backwards possession football - especially at home - is not the Spurs way. Please try and win games from the start right to the finish. Had it not been for Verts matchwinning tackle, we would again have been pegged back at the end of a game. Again. To dare is to do. Stop ffing about and be more positive.

Last edited:
Can't be bothered to do individual ratings, but I thought Vertonghen was excellent and was our best player, I also thought Sandro had a very good game, as did Friedel.

Lennon 6 - ok, but I dont understand the Lennon love on this board. Today he didnt do anything for me to open up the opposition. Can anyone remind me of anything he did to create a clear cut chance (apart from the one to Defoe late on)?

Created the chance for Defoe and Sig that lead to the penalty shout early on with a very good run and cross. Delivered several good crosses, among others one that landed right in between two Spurs players and was cleared for the corner we ended up getting the own goal from if my memory serves me right. Consistently looked a threat when given the ball wide.

Hardly gave the ball away all game, helped out defensively, wanted the ball and worked hard.

Friedel 7
Walker 5
Gallas 6
Vertonghen 7
Bale 5
Lennon 6.5
Dembele 6
Sandro 6
Dempsey 5
Sigurðsson 4
Defoe 6

Caulker 6
Huddlestone n/a
Townsend n/a

Last edited:
How long did Townsend get? What I like about him is that no matter how little time he has when he comes on he always creates something. I'm pretty sure I saw him create an opportunity for Defoe late on yesterday. Hope he gets an opportunity soon....

The right time was 20 mins into the game. Maybe 10 actually. Anyways learning curve. I can deal with mistakes like anyone he will make mistakes the successful people will learn from those mistakes. I hate it when those mistakes occur again and again.

you should say mistakes one more time. I dare you, I double dare you mutha fcuker say mistakes one more goddamn time..

what, sub Siggy after 10 or 20 mins and bring on Caulker, push Bale forward and move Verts to left back???

how many managers make substitutions like that so early in the game??

How long did Townsend get? What I like about him is that no matter how little time he has when he comes on he always creates something. I'm pretty sure I saw him create an opportunity for Defoe late on yesterday. Hope he gets an opportunity soon....

He's got that tenacity hasn't he. And he seems to be able to create opportunity from either side of the pitch.

Created the chance for Defoe and Sig that lead to the penalty shout early on with a very good run and cross. Delivered several good crosses, among others one that landed right in between two Spurs players and was cleared for the corner we ended up getting the own goal from if my memory serves me right. Consistently looked a threat when given the ball wide.

Hardly gave the ball away all game, helped out defensively, wanted the ball and worked hard.

So, the sum of his attacking contribution was one early cross, one cross that landed between two Spurs players and "looking a threat". When did he take players on, get to the byline, open up the opposition and produce a clear cut chance? As a winger (attacking RM) that has to be his primary role, and his lack of delivery is one of the reasons we are not functioning as an attacking threat at present. I agree he worked hard, but dont think he delivered much at all in the final third. He is too often static and does not make himself available enough for a pass inside the full back. He has phenomonal pace and yet imv doesnt fulfill his potential nearly enough for me.

Back