• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs QPR

Re: Ratings v QPR

Sig. What does he do? Looks to be out of his depth. I forgot he was on the pitch at one stage.

I think the only games we will see the best out of him are when he's playing behind Adebayor. Allowing him to make late runs into the box behind somebody who can hold it up. Alongside Defoe and Dempsey today he didn't look comfortable.

Friedel - 8 Did everything he was asked to do today. Good game.
Verthongen - 8 A class above every Spurs outfield player.
Gallas - 5 Time for the glue factory I think. Doesn't have the stamina for 90mins of prem football. Caulker or Dawson to step in for now.
Caulker - 6.5 Fantastic in the air isn't he? Made one mistake towards the end but solid when he came on.
Walker - 6 A mixed bag in the first half but improved after the break I thought.
Bale - 6 Selfish choices frequently in the 2nd half. He's not playing for the good of the team at the moment. I'd be tempted to drop him for a match to see if it that would change his attitude.
Sandro - 6 Poor first half but like most did much better in the 2nd half. I though his midfield compatriots didn't help him a lot defensively today.
Dembele - 6 I love this guy but today he didn't do it for me. Looked lethargic and didn't take on the responsibility that the position requires.
Sigurdsson - 5 Not on the same wavelength as the rest of the team or the team is not playing to his strenghts.
Lennon - 7 Our best attacking outlet today.
Dempsey - 5 Not sure what his best role is and not great defensively either when in midfield. Would have taken Berba in a heartbeat because I'm a slag (Jan window swap?).
Defoe - 6 Typical Defoe performance and by that I mean offside carelessly a few times, shooting when he should lay it off but looked dangerous when the space opened up in the 2nd half.

Huddlestone - NA
Townsend - NA

Brad - 7
Walker - 4 (guys makes me angry)
Gallas - 6
Verthongen - 8
Bale - 6
Sandro - 6
Dembele - 6
Lennon - 7
Sig - 5
Defoe - 6

Caulker - 6
Huddlestone - 6

Friedel - 7,5 - Good game again. Lloris will have to be patient.

Walker - 5,5 - His decision-making is sometimes very poor, but his physical abilities covers for many of his errors.
Gallas - 6 - Wasn't dominant, but no major faults.
Vertonghen - 7,5 - Maybe not as commanding as in some of his others games, but did a good job at left back.
Bale - 7 - Wasn't involved enough offensively in first half, but improved a lot in the second half, when put back in to his right position.

Sandro - 5 - Defensivly alright, but he seriously needs to be better friends with the ball. Very hard to keep posession, when he has one of those days.
Dembele - 7 - Decent game, but didn't create enough, probably wasn't helped by Sandro's many mistakes.
Gylfi - 5 - Really think he needs to come on as a sub instead of starting games. Doesn't get involved at all.
Dempsey - 6 - Much better second half, but like Gylfi needs to be more involved.
Lennon - 8 - Only attacking threat throughout the game, well played Azza.

Defoe - 6 - Good to se him score, but made many offside runs. Don't see him as a permanent solution, when only playing one up front.

Caulker - 6,5 - Decent, but a little shakey at times.

AVB - 6 - Needs to stop playing Gylfi in the whole. And I would like to see some more courage by taking out Sandro, when he has an offday. When playing lesser teams a home, I really think he should go with Huddlestone and Dembele in central midfield. QPR played without a destroyer in central midfield and looked far better there.
I also really don't get, why he wont try to close the game instead of defending the lead. In the last few minuted I feared to have a Norwich/West Brom deja vu.

Very surprised at the walker ratings, I think the guy is fantastic, but a little inconsistent. He defends well, attacks brilliantly. Gives the ball away a little too much, but I like him a lot and think he'll be amazing in the future. 3's and 4's?! Harsh!

Sigg though, yeah, he does some fantastic forward passing, but generally doesn't do enough; I think he needs to be benched; though let him play at Carlisle and it may give him some confidence.

Very surprised at the walker ratings, I think the guy is fantastic, but a little inconsistent. He defends well, attacks brilliantly. Gives the ball away a little too much, but I like him a lot and think he'll be amazing in the future. 3's and 4's?! Harsh!

Sigg though, yeah, he does some fantastic forward passing, but generally doesn't do enough; I think he needs to be benched; though let him play at Carlisle and it may give him some confidence.

Walker was horrendous, and I very rarely slag our players.

Cant defend the back post, slow coming out playing their guy onside for the goal, poor passing and to top it off a stupid backheel that gave way possession.

Poor poor game.

Its an odd one. We won. But the performance was poor. Is this how manu fans feel? :)

In all seriousness, maybe there is something in that. manu always play percentages. What does that mean? They will always stack the odds in their favor - Ferguson is pragmatic - so the ball will get into the box, to the by line, they'll commit players into the box at the right time etc. so even if they are not playing well, they have a chance of pulling something out the bag.

Lennon, Verts and Fridel had a decent game. The rest need to improve.

Last edited:
Friedel - 7 - did what he has to
Verthongen - 8 - calm and composed. Really frets. Top signing
Gallas - 6 - quiet which for a CB isnt a problem. Still think Verts and Caulker should be our pairing whilst YK is out
Walker - 6
Bale - 6 - not a LB. Square pegs in square holes please. Pleased that AVB realised the error of his ways at HT and made teh change
Sandro - 6
Dembele - 7 - oozes class. Used his strength a number of times to shieled the ball well. Really dont see that we lost much by selling Modric and signing Dembele
Lennon - 7
Siggy - 3 - yet another absolutely dire performance by Sigurdsson - did he touch the ball? How many more poor games before he's dropped?
Dempsey - 6 - quiet in the first half, better in the second. Still looks like he never met the rest of the team.
Defoe - 5 - typical Defoe. Offside about 749 times in the first half, got a goal in the second and could have passed a couple times in the second half but shot instead. Despite the goals which he's scored, we need Adebayor back because when Defoe has days like today, you have nothing up top

Caulker - 7
Huddlestone - n/a
Townsend - n/a

Sig. What does he do? Looks to be out of his depth. I forgot he was on the pitch at one stage.

Me too. We;ve been playing with 10 men for the first few games - he;s done nothing and I feel that he's large reason why we've been poor...leaves us a man short going forwards. Just hope AVB leaves him out soon rather than risk siggy having the fans on his back - its hard to come back from there

Me too. We;ve been playing with 10 men for the first few games - he;s done nothing and I feel that he's large reason why we've been poor...leaves us a man short going forwards. Just hope AVB leaves him out soon rather than risk siggy having the fans on his back - its hard to come back from there

People will slag you off if you continue to say stuff like this about Sig...

im not gonna give ratings but special mention for Vert/Lennon/Friedel.

Friedel - 6. Couple of important saves. Poor distribution.

Walker - 3. Toilet. Absolute fooking toilet.
Gallas - 6. Done ok.
Vert' - 6. Looked much better at LB.
Bale - 4/6. Don't ever want to see him at LB again. Much better when forward.

Lennon - 6. Decent game by Lennon. Not spectacular, but okay.
Sandro - 5. Looked very awkward today. Covered a lot of ground.
Dembele - 5. Passenger. Kept forgetting he was on the pitch.
Dempsey - 4. Very poor. Invisible first half, stupid shoot on sight in second.

Sig' - 3. Totally anonymous.
Defoe - 5. Bit of a mixed batch. Poor first half, better second.

Subs:
Caulker - 6. Couple of nervey moments, but not bad.
Thudd - n/a
Townsend - n/a

More or less agree with this. We didn't look hungry to win today.

I think Walker, Sig and Dembele were poor. Sig was almost invisible, Dembele never got things going for us in a central role and looked more like Adel than Luka today. Walker (again) looked a player who is going to cost us goals, defensively he needs to improve a lot and if he is to be an attacking full back he needs to be able to put in a decent cross.

People will slag you off if you continue to say stuff like this about Sig...

im not gonna give ratings but special mention for Vert/Lennon/Friedel.

I know! Not quite sure why he became such a favourite over teh summer. Think he can still recover and would be nice to have his set piece delivery in the team however he cant be in just for that. Think he should be taken out of the firing line cause at the moment he's just invisible and we're playing with 10 men. Give him Europa/Carling cup games to settle in and introduce gradually off the bench in league games

Where are the AVB ratings ?

Whatever system we are playing, it wasn't very good today. Tactically we were well beaten today, although at least things were changed to bring us up to "bad" rather than "fudging brick".

Still, 2 weeks ago I asked for a performance or at least a positive result despite being brick. We've had both now. Maybe AVB wont be so quick to field a first team in a tournament no one cares about.

Where are the AVB ratings ?

Whatever system we are playing, it wasn't very good today. Tactically we were well beaten today, although at least things were changed to bring us up to "bad" rather than "fudging brick".

Still, 2 weeks ago I asked for a performance or at least a positive result despite being brick. We've had both now. Maybe AVB wont be so quick to field a first team in a tournament no one cares about.

Think its a fair point that not many people are drawing a link between the team played against Lazio and the performance today

Vertonghen is sumptuously, fantastically, mind-meltingly good. The rest is irrelevant.

This. I am going to watch THAT tackle several times.

Back