• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Scum

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Lloris - 8. Kept us in it. Could have been embarrassing.

Walker - 5. Tried hard but constant wrong choices. Hate the way he blames others for his ****-ups.
Dawson - 4. Poor game.
Vert' - 6. Best of the defenders.
Rose - 4. Constant poor positioning and delivery.

Capoue - 5. Slow with the ball and the speed of Arsenal's movement/closing down caught him out constantly.
Dembele - 4. Still don't rate him. Offers nothing.
Paulinho - 5. Tried hard, but again I think he wasn't up for the speed of the game.

Townsend - 6. Really is a little too greedy on occasion, but tried.
Chadli - 6. Good first half, disappeared in the second where he drifted infield.

Soldado - 5. No service, but didn't seem to have much movement.

AVB - 4. Wrong line-up against Arsenal in my opinion. Three strong, but slow midfielders was always going to struggle.

Lloris 8 best player

Walker 7
Dawson 4
Verts 7
Rose 6

Townsend 6.5 love him but needs to learn when to pass.
Capoue 6 not quite up to speed yet
Paulinho 6.5 lovely touches but not settled yet
Dembele 4 awful, he gets a few more months to prove his worth but going off him very fast, not sure what the point of him is, reminds me so much of jenas.
Chadli Ok some nice crosses, left rose exposed at times.

Soldado 6 Had nothing to work with, made me wonder if i had been to hard on defoe and ade last year, we need to give him service.

Lloris - 8 - great performance from our keeper.

Walker - 7 - decent performance, got forward, got involved, should have done better with one or two of his chances.
Dawson - 4.5 - pathetic performance from him, made errors all over the place.
Vertonghen - 6 - not too bad, but not really any positives to take from his performance either.
Rose - 6 - decent enough, let his man behind him once or twice, but did decently offensively.

Paulinho - 6 - started out very well, but faded as the game went on.
Dembele - 5 - never returned to his starting form for us, had trouble taking men on as well, when usually he waltzes past the.
Capoue - 5 - was caught out a couple of times, needs to speed up his thought process and not get caught on the ball. Hope his injury is not as bad as it seemed.

Chadli - 6 - did well, looked to link up well with rose early on, but faded late on.
Soldado - 6 - two clear cut opportunities, other than that couldn't get the service.
Townsend - 6.5 - direct, caused problems down the left hand side, needs to work on his decision making.

Feel the game was lost by the midfield, they didn't seem to screen the defense that well, nor did they seem to get forward and support the front three players. Need a bit of work on positioning when we've got the ball I think.

1-0 loss at the emirates isn't that bad really, created three or four decent chances, on another day we convert one and we get a draw.

Lloris - 8 - Man of the Match by a distance.

Walker - 6 - Wasn't as attack minded until Townsend went off, shocking crossing.
Dawson - 4 - His fault for our goal, just not good enough today.
Vertonghen - 6.5 - Best of a bad bunch at the back.
Rose - 6 - On par with Walker for me.

Capoue - 5 - Awful game. Stopped doing things him loved, making up ground, tackling, simple passing, all went to pot today. Hope for speedy recovery
Dembele - 5 - Not good enough today. I put it down to him being more advanced, he's much more suited for deep alongside Sandro. Paulinho should have been the more forward.
Paulinho - 5.5 - Best of the three but he didn't look up to to scratch today, totally passed him by.

Townsend - 6.5 - Was a threat when running and cutting in, poor defensively but he created our best oppertunities for a goal.
Soldado - 6 - Not his best game today. He had better hope Eriksen or someone can create for him or fans on here in general will turn on him.
Chadli - 6.5 - Don't understand the hate he gets, suppose there needs to be a new spacegoat. Was our best player in the first half. Real quiet in the second.

--

Defoe - 4 - Real strange sub this one, I remember going 4-4-2 when 2-0 down here and winning 3-2 when bringing Defoe on, but it was strange and never worked today, wasn't going to.
Sandro - 6 - Class. Came on, put challenges in as no one else seemed to want to.
Lamela - 6 - Some good touches, particularly one on his chest, can't wait to see more of him in a Spurs shirt.

Lloris 9

Walker 7
Dawson 5
Vertonghen 6
Rose 7

Capoue 6.5
Dembele 6
Paulinho 6

Townsend 6.5
Chadli 6
Soldado 6

Sandro/Lamela/Defoe 6

Lloris - 8 - Such a great sweeper keeper.
Walker - 6.5 - Great positions but makes the wrong choice, needs to improve his decision making
Dawson - 5 - Time for Kaboul.
Vertonghen - 6 - Not bad but not great.
Rose - 6 - Good performance but was always gonna struggle against Walcott.
Capoue - 6 - Wasnt quite at the races today but passes well.
Dembele - 5 - Didn't really do much and seems to have had a poor start to the season.
Townsend - 6.5 - Good dribbling and taking people on but needs to learn to pass.
Paulinho - 6.5 - Did well but just needs more games to get used to the team.
Chadli - 5 - Helped keep the ball but that was it really.
Soldado - 5.5 - Isolated and starved of service.

It was painfully obvious that we lacked any sort of creativity whatsoever and have done for the last two games now, but hopefully with Lamela and Eriksen that will change. Just need to give them all time to gel and get used to each other.

Lloris - 8. Outstanding performance. Failed to cover his near post for the goal, but made a brilliant challenge on Walcott on the edge of the area, came out quickly to snuff out an Arsenal attack time after time, and made a few important saves to keep us in it.

Walker - 5. Below average defensively, and utterly woeful in the attacking third.
Daws - 4.5. Got caught in possession twice, lost Giroud for the goal (And played Walcott onside originally) and failed to marshal his defensive line.
Verts - 6. Did little wrong.
Rose - 4.5. Was roasted by Walcott and Giroud. Gets brushed off the ball far too easily and his crosses, like Walker's, are abject. Welcome to the big time, son. Shape up.

Capoue - 4.5. Seemed surprised by the pace of the game, was caught in possession too often, struggled to find a team-mate with his passing and to top it off went off with an injury after his six foot frame collided with the tiny Santi Cazorla, of all people.
Dembele - 4.5. Totally anonymous, and whatever he tried ended up failing.
Paulinho - 5. Best of a bad central midfield bunch, although he did choose the wrong option when in possession too many times to merit anything above a 5.
Chadli - 5.5. Crossed reasonably well and had the beating of Jenkinson. Failed to impact the game beyond that, though.
Townsend - 5.5. Was our most direct threat, but often held on to the ball for too long and was caught out as a result. Needs to adapt to team-play.

Soldado - 5.5. Moved well (was always trying to anticipate any rebounds from Koscielny), and always made himself available for cut-backs from the full-backs. No service to him, though.

Subs -

Defoe - 5.5. Our biggest threat once he came on, and had a nice volley expertly saved by Koscielny.
Lamela - N/A. Not enough time to make an impact.
Sandro - N/A. See above.

AVB - 4.5. Bad day for the boss. We needed to maintain possession against Arsenal, meriting the inclusion of Holtby, Siggy or Carroll, but he played three powerful midfielders without the attendant creative threat out wide (essential if you're going to play three similarly strong, direct players) and paid the price.

Overall, a bad day, but like I said in the OMT, a long, long way to go. This will hurt, and the performance was indeed abject, but I have complete faith that we will improve as the season progresses. Make no mistake, though: this was a wake up call, and an indication of the long, hard season ahead of us. No more merry title dreams now. Focus on 4th spot is essential.

Lloris - 8 Great.
Walker - 6 Some good stuff, poor crossing.
Rose - 5 Positionally poor.
Vertonghen - 5 Not up to speed, strange game from him.
Dawson - 4 One good block and some decent long range passes but partly to blame for the goal and almost sent them on the way to a second.
Capoue - 5 Technically good but slow, much like our performance.
Dembele - 4 There is a very good player in there somewhere!
Paulhinho - 6 Tried to get moves going but not up to speed yet.
Townsend - 6 Good effort, bit greedy but generally was positive.
Chadli - 5 Won the ball in the air, good technique but laboured.
Soldado - 6 Not a lot to go on, tried to get involved and made 1 or 2 good runs towards goal but not played in.

Sandro - 6 Good effort.
Defoe - 6 Involved, tried to make things happen.
Lamela - 6 Some decent touches, looks a good player although early doors.

Lloris - 8. Some great saves and runs out to prevent Walcott from embarrassing our defence even more. Couldn't do anything about the goal.

Walker - 6. Decent defensively. Made a lot of wrong decisions in attacking play (then again, who didn't) including ignoring Lamela completely in his first 10 minutes on the pitch. Poor crossing as well. Clear the first man for gods sake.
Dawson - 4. Poor. If you're going to play everyone onside because you're watching a specific man rather than the ball like the rest of the defenders, you better make damned sure you then don't lose that man. Also rushed out and lost the ball in the centre circle later on, almost leading to a second goal. Like our other English defenders, probably the players in the squad most prone to making silly decisions.
Vertonghen - 6. One of our best players.
Rose - 5. Left Walcott in acres of space for their goal. Like Walker, didn't add a great deal in an attacking sense either.

Capoue - 5. Quite poor today. Let Rosicky especially run past him multiple times, seemed to lose the ball quite often with wayward passing and was generally passed by.
Dembele - 4.Genuinely didn't notice him in the 2nd half. I don't know if he's still not 100% fit or something this season but he needs to step up and be more aggressive.
Paulinho - 5. Few good runs, one almost chance he fashioned for himself in the box. Expected more if I'm honest.

Townsend - 5. Good effort but needs to stop shooting at every opportunity. Have wanted him to succeed for years but he's not Bale and we can't afford that he'll always shoot, from as many as 40+ yards out.
Chadli - 6. Didn't really notice him 2nd half either.

Soldado - 5. No service. Our fox in the box shouldn't have to be dropping to the half way line to touch the ball for gods sake.

AVB - 4. Can't complain about the starting line up too much as I wanted something similar but the subs were very poor. I said in the OMT I'm no expert but the Defoe sub was so obviously going to lead to one thing. Two isolated strikers rather than one and even more loss of control of the cm. The problem was very clear from 30 minutes onwards. No creativity whatsoever. Szcezny did almost nothing today. So Holtby or Lamela (or both) should have made an appearance. And from 50+ minutes onwards.

Lamela- 5. Didn't have too many touches. Couple of good passes and one opportunity where if he'd caught it better, could have caused Szcezny problems. Skill was evident.
Defoe- 5. Tried hard but wasn't the match for him.
Sandro-6. Drove on well.

Wasn't expecting us to win or dominate but am very disappointed with the lack of creativity today and the regularity with which our players made wrong or bad decisions. Will hopefully improve as they get to know each others' games more and Lamela/ Eriksen/ Holtby play more of a role.

Lloris - 8 - Brilliant
Walker - 5 - Just terrible end product.
Dawson - 5 - Goal was all his fault
Verts - 6 - Did nothing wrong.
Rose - 5 - Offers little in attack apart from pace.
Chadli - 7 - Played intelligently with some nice flicks and passing.
Paulinho - 5 - Very poor today, looked lost.
Dembele - 5 - holds onto the ball far too long, stupidly tries to dribble players.
Capoue - 6 - Started well, showing a good range of passing.
Townsend - 7 - Our only real threat.
Soldado - 5 - Not impressed by his hold up play today, Defoe showed more aggression and strength when he came on.

Subs
Sandro - 7 - Immediately started winning tackles, something ur other midfielders were struggling to do.
Defoe - 6 - Did okay, put himself about a bit.
Lamela - 6 - A few nice moments.

Another rating for Sky bias - 0 Smith ex-**** player, Ed Chamberlain **** fan, Tyler **** fan...

LLoris 8.5 - Kept us in it. Some of the saves he did were fantastic.

Walker 5 Awful going forward. Problem is we kept on passing him the ball.

Dawson 4 - We've spent 100m and we're still playing Dawson at the back? :lol: I have been saying for years that he isnt good enough. Sort it out AVB.

Vertonghen 7 Very good on the ball.

Rose 5 Wants to get forward all the time, but that f***s up the defense.

Capoue 5 Beast but as expected terrible on the ball.

Dembele 5 Quite for most parts. PASS THE BALL

Paulinho 5 Disapointing today, too far from the box. If you are going to play Capoue + Dembele then you need the n°3 of the midfield to go and offer support to the attack.

Chadli 5 Good very early on but not decisive. Im a really concerned about this acquisition.

Townsend 6 Best of the front 3 for me. Caused problems.

Soldado 5 I have raised concerns after each game but today was just a confirmation. His hold up play wasnt THAT bad but he suffers terribly on the physical side. Maybe just unfit. He is going to score goal for us. You do get the feeling he can only score when the ball is already in the box.

Last edited:

Walker - 7 - decent performance, got forward, got involved, should have done better with one or two of his chances.
Vertonghen - 6 - not too bad, but not really any positives to take from his performance either.
Rose - 6 - decent enough, let his man behind him once or twice, but did decently offensively.

Dembele - 5 - never returned to his starting form for us, had trouble taking men on as well, when usually he waltzes past the.
Capoue - 5 - was caught out a couple of times, needs to speed up his thought process and not get caught on the ball. Hope his injury is not as bad as it seemed.

Chadli - 6 - did well, looked to link up well with rose early on, but faded late on.
Soldado - 6 - two clear cut opportunities, other than that couldn't get the service.
Townsend - 6.5 - direct, caused problems down the left hand side, needs to work on his decision making.

Feel the game was lost by the midfield, they didn't seem to screen the defense that well, nor did they seem to get forward and support the front three players. Need a bit of work on positioning when we've got the ball I think.

1-0 loss at the emirates isn't that bad really, created three or four decent chances, on another day we convert one and we get a draw.

Or on another day, you concede 5 if you have Friedel or Gomes in goal. It depends the way you look at it.

Our passing game was very good, kept the ball but we should be better in front of goal.

Im quite positive for the future, new plays and Im confident in AVB.

But we need to get rid of Dawson for good, great lad, keep him on the bench or somewhere else as he is a great character but not starting in big games like that.

Agree 100% with everything you say there

Lloris - 8 - kept us in the game when the defence lost concentration

Walker - 6 - Started bright but bad decision making; and his berating of others when he has done wrong really irritates me
Dawson - 4 - Worst i've seen him play, beaten in the air and on the deck
Vertonghen - 6 - average
Rose - 6 - didn't track walcott for the goal, but was allright.

Paulinho - 6 - tried to make things happen but he was too flat footed at times.
Dembele - 5 - looks injured and sluggish, cannot seem to physically dominate at times.
Capoue - 6 - slow to start but seemed to get better at winning the ball

Chadli - 6 - started well but faded
Soldado - 5- no service, not his fault. For a lone striker he needs either pace/Strength or height and he has none. Would seriously consider playing jD
Townsend -7 Direct and had the beating of Arsenal and the only one who looked like he cared today.

Poor choice by AVB with todays team and late sub. But I suppose with the selection he was hamstrung by the new signing bedding in and the injury to Capoue.

Lloris - 8
Saved us 2 or 3 times.

Walker - 5
Walker and Rose had to do so much offensive work - after all, nobody else was doing it - it's not surprising they appeared worse than others, but I think it's just that they were on the ball so much they stood out as poor. I still have faith he can make it.
Dawson - 4
Poor. I think we'll see Chiriches sooner rather than later depending on Kaboom's chronic fitness issues.
Vertonghen - 5
Average. Couple of upfield runs caught us out when he lost possession. Souness seemed to think he was at fault for the goal rather than Daws, so I'd like to see that again.
Rose - 6
See Walker...stood out as poor only because he was asked to do so much. He wasn't great today, but I see encouraging signs.

Paulinho - 5
He shirked several tackles which really shocked me. Looked scared to pass the ball forward. Looked knackered near the end.
Dembele - 4
Awful. Doesn't look like he knows what he's meant to be doing. Like he's lost his game. For sure I don't now what his function today was. Transition, maybe? Lord knows, because he ran around in circles.
Capoue - 5
Just seemed to give the ball away so much. Hope he's ok, but I fear a serious injury.

Chadli - 4.5
Looked good in opening 15 minutes, and shockingly poor after. Looked scared. Appears to have the technique, but boy oh boy he's miles off for me. Squad player to be developed...assuming we have someone to replace him that is.
Soldado - 4
Can't blame him for getting no service, but he looks slow, not particularly strong and offers nothing outside the box (except for one nice piece of hold-up play). Completely the opposite of what we needed today.
Townsend -7
At least he seemed to be trying to move towards the opposition goal.

AVB
Owned very hard by Wenger. We were completely controlled by the opposition (and the possession stat does not disprove that), passing the ball sideways or hoofing it. I really have no idea what we were trying to do, other than pack the midfield with beasts who turned out to be wallflowers. Pretty depressing.

Back