• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Man Utd

You are having a laugh, next you will be saying that we should never have sold Caulker. Both players have found their level playing for teams in a relegation fight.

Unfair on Dawson who i think was harshly treated by some fans but had reached his expiry date with us. Caulker i agree lots of early promise but ended up like Wes Brown, Anton Ferdinand and i suspect Chris Smalling.

Dier is a step up in class on all of those.

Unfair on Dawson who i think was harshly treated by some fans but had reached his expiry date with us. Caulker i agree lots of early promise but ended up like Wes Brown, Anton Ferdinand and i suspect Chris Smalling.

I loved Dawson but he was past his best ( and had been for a while), as for Caulker I think the fact that he was home grown influenced some fans into thinking he was better then he actually was, ( to be honest I see the same situation with Mason, but I hope he proves me wrong), the fact with Caulker is that he is likely to suffer his second relegation with different teams.

I agree Dier looks very promising even if I think he needs to drop out of our team at the moment.

You are having a laugh, next you will be saying that we should never have sold Caulker. Both players have found their level playing for teams in a relegation fight.

I never rated Caulker and got stick on here when people were raving about him but thought that Dawson done a good job for us, Dawson would have challenged Fellani in the air and supported Walker better than Dier, are you saying that our defence has been acceptable this season ?

The fact that we got hammered on Sunday after our previous recent performances at OT must point to a drop in standards irrelevant of manager and player changes, I reiterate that we have gone backwards, we have no plan B and MP will not change tactics or formations, we have been sussed and are predictable in our play, I respect your right to opinion but has always it is that of a strawman.

I disagree with everything you said. I would expand further, but I see no point.

I never rated Caulker and got stick on here when people were raving about him but thought that Dawson done a good job for us, Dawson would have challenged Fellani in the air and supported Walker
better than Dier, are you saying that our defence has been acceptable this season ?

I never said that, my post was in response to you saying that Dawson is better then Fazio and Dier.

I never said that, my post was in response to you saying that Dawson is better then Fazio and Dier.

I am saying it was better with Dawson in it, anyway my original moan was that I am not impressed with our progress in general this year.

I am saying it was better with Dawson in it, anyway my original moan was that I am not impressed with our progress in general this year.[/QUOTE]

Even when taking into consideration the amount of changes we've seen in our squad and first team over the last year and the year before?

Last edited:

How do you know Dier is a step up? At the same age all those mentioned players had similar ability, theres no way of knowing if Dier is going to fare any better at this stage....

Even when taking into consideration the amount of changes we've seen in our squad and first team over the last year and the year before?

Not really, I watch us play now and don't feel excitement, our players are all much of a muchness,ie the midfielders,there is nothing much to choose between any of them, if say Milner came and played for us he would be more effective than anyone we have in midfield, I cant get my head around how much money we have spent for so little return, also the system we want to play seems sterile without having exceptional players, its just the way I feel.

Back