• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Man Utd

man u have played 13 games less than us this season, 13, think about that, at the top level in any sport, 2 things beat you, speed and fatigue, we were tired and were due a letdown game
So true.

Headline in the Independent following Chelsea's draw with Southampton referred to 'Tired Chelsea...', but they went in heavily with the boot on our performance at OT referring to us as 'pathetic.' Not a mention anywhere of the excessive fixture pile-up we've just emerged from.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...d-flat-by-power-of-wayne-rooney-10109633.html

Also did not LVG complain a couple of months back about the excessive number of games they'd had to play?

Fudgeing clams.

lol, what planet are you from ? take this comment in a humorous way please, Utd totally sat back second half and done just enough, even then we created Jack, it was our most inept performance from manager and team of the season, Chadli, Townsend and Walker were nothing short of laughable whilst Mason, Bentaleb and Ericksen were really poor, only losing 3-0 is great, look at our goal difference, I have watched the top ten teams over the last month and we are the worse in pattern and organisation, we are going backwards, form and consistency is not a switch that you can turn on and off, what I cannot understand is how Baldini is still at our club !

I'm from the planet where I watched us lose by 4 goals or more on 5 occasions last season. Where against the top 4 last season we lost by 4 or more goals in 5 of our 8 games.

I brought up one specific positive.

So true.

Headline in the Independent following Chelsea's draw with Southampton referred to 'Tired Chelsea...', but they went in heavily with the boot on our performance at OT referring to us as 'pathetic.' Not a mention anywhere of the excessive fixture pile-up we've just emerged from.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...d-flat-by-power-of-wayne-rooney-10109633.html

Also did not LVG complain a couple of months back about the excessive number of games they'd had to play?

Fudgeing clams.

We have played a lot of games this season, however we are starting to use this as a excuse and saying it has killed us. Just had a quick look at other reams to see how many they have played. And its pretty much the same.

Spurs : 48 games
Liverpool : 47 games
Arse : 44 games
Chelski : 44 games.

We have played a lot of games this season, however we are starting to use this as a excuse and saying it has killed us. Just had a quick look at other reams to see how many they have played. And its pretty much the same.

Spurs : 48 games
Liverpool : 47 games
Arse : 44 games
Chelski : 44 games.

It's one of a number of factors worth being aware of.

I agree but some are saying we have played many more games then our challengers and its the reason we are failing, its just not true.

I don't think anyone is saying that this is the only reason we're failing???

It's one of a number of factors. We're also a very young team. We have a squad that is short on quality in depth in several key areas. We're developing in our first season under our new manager. We're competing with teams with significantly higher budgets than ours.

Of course you can claim that all of those are being used as excuses. But if results are to be looked at in context and with some deeper understanding I don't understand how those factors shouldn't be considered.

I don't think anyone is saying that this is the only reason we're failing???

It's one of a number of factors. We're also a very young team. We have a squad that is short on quality in depth in several key areas. We're developing in our first season under our new manager. We're competing with teams with significantly higher budgets than ours.

Of course you can claim that all of those are being used as excuses. But if results are to be looked at in context and with some deeper understanding I don't understand how those factors shouldn't be considered.

My point is we have not played MANY more games then our rivals, its a excuse I have heard many times this season and I say again its not true. There are as you say many good reasons why we are not performing as well as we would like, you have named some of them.

The excuse we have played MANY more games then others is as big a myth as the one about the EL.

My point is we have not played MANY more games then our rivals, its a excuse I have heard many times this season and I say again its not true. There are as you say many good reasons why we are not performing as well as we would like, you have named some of them.

The excuse we have played MANY more games then others is as big a myth as the one about the EL.

We have played many more games than Manchester Untied and Southampton though. They are much more our league rivals than Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea who you seem to be comparing us to. That to me makes it pretty clear that the number of games thing is not a "big myth". It's just not true compared to all of our rivals and there's not a deep level of complexity needed to understand that.

There is also a certain interaction between such factors I believe. Playing a lot of games along with having a squad short on quality in depth seem to be obvious as factors that will combine rather poorly.

I'm from the planet where I watched us lose by 4 goals or more on 5 occasions last season. Where against the top 4 last season we lost by 4 or more goals in 5 of our 8 games.

I brought up one specific positive.

We don't create when we have the ball and we don't defend well when the opposition has it, to add to this the midfield five have become very good at giving it away, its performance, consistency and progression I look for and I don't see any of these three, looking for positives is hard in fact I can see us getting worse not better.

What is amusing is that this was the first game in a long while that we actually had a full week to prepare for, with two days off given to our players to boot. And we still put in our most tired performance yet. :p

And as for the press not talking about the number of games we've played with a tiny 'trusted' group of players, that's because Poch has been honorable enough to avoid using that as an excuse in his pressers.

We don't create when we have the ball and we don't defend well when the opposition has it, to add to this the midfield five have become very good at giving it away, its performance, consistency and progression I look for and I don't see any of these three, looking for positives is hard in fact I can see us getting worse not better.

I suppose you were one of those expecting us to lose quite comfortably away to a 4th placed Manchester United team then.

What is amusing is that this was the first game in a long while that we actually had a full week to prepare for, with two days off given to our players to boot. And we still put in our most tired performance yet. :p

And as for the press not talking about the number of games we've played with a tiny 'trusted' group of players, that's because Poch has been honorable enough to avoid using that as an excuse in his pressers.

Certainly a bit surprising to me too. Then again, I'm no sports fitness guy. Not beyond my understanding that there might be a bit of a delayed reaction physically to months of fixture congestion followed by a week off. Certainly doesn't seem beyond reasonable that there might have been a negative psychological reaction to that in our group of players...

To me the most important point now is how we react to this obviously very disappointing performance.

Certainly a bit surprising to me too. Then again, I'm no sports fitness guy. Not beyond my understanding that there might be a bit of a delayed reaction physically to months of fixture congestion followed by a week off. Certainly doesn't seem beyond reasonable that there might have been a negative psychological reaction to that in our group of players...

To me the most important point now is how we react to this obviously very disappointing performance.

I agree, it is conceivable (if still amusing) that the players were running on inertia and muscle memory for the most part during our recent run of games, and that this week off finally brought home to them how tired they really were. Either way, I think we'll see an improvement from this, so I'm not too worried overall.

you have shot yourself in the foot mate, look at our results there for the last three seasons.

So you did expect something? Despite looking for consistency, performance and progression without success? Despite you thinking that we're getting worse, not better? Despite positives being hard to find? Because in previous years, under different managers for both clubs, we've gotten wins...?

And you think I've shot myself in the foot by asking if there's a consistency in your views on our performances this season and your expectations for this game. Good for you...

So it's okay for the same paper to allow Chelsea the excuse of tiredness whilst putting the boot in to us. Okay then.

We were always going to hit the wall sooner or later following such an intense sequence of games. That's not making excuses, it's acknowledging reality.

So you did expect something? Despite looking for consistency, performance and progression without success? Despite you thinking that we're getting worse, not better? Despite positives being hard to find? Because in previous years, under different managers for both clubs, we've gotten wins...?

And you think I've shot myself in the foot by asking if there's a consistency in your views on our performances this season and your expectations for this game. Good for you...

The fact that we got hammered on Sunday after our previous recent performances at OT must point to a drop in standards irrelevant of manager and player changes, I reiterate that we have gone backwards, we have no plan B and MP will not change tactics or formations, we have been sussed and are predictable in our play, I respect your right to opinion but has always it is that of a strawman.

We have played many more games than Manchester Untied and Southampton though. They are much more our league rivals than Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea who you seem to be comparing us to. That to me makes it pretty clear that the number of games thing is not a "big myth". It's just not true compared to all of our rivals and there's not a deep level of complexity needed to understand that.

There is also a certain interaction between such factors I believe. Playing a lot of games along with having a squad short on quality in depth seem to be obvious as factors that will combine rather poorly.

Split it which way you want to, its a excuse and like I say if its not to many games its the myth about the EL etc etc.

The fact that we got hammered on Sunday after our previous recent performances at OT must point to a drop in standards irrelevant of manager and player changes, I reiterate that we have gone backwards, we have no plan B and MP will not change tactics or formations, we have been sussed and are predictable in our play, I respect your right to opinion but has always it is that of a strawman.

Or it just meant that for two years running we turned up, played well, hung on for dear life and got huge slices of luck (missed chances and ref decisions). On Sunday we had a real off day and utd took their chances. This year we are in a much better position and have shown more than we have since Bale left. Chill the fudge out

Or it just meant that for two years running we turned up, played well, hung on for dear life and got huge slices of luck (missed chances and ref decisions). On Sunday we had a real off day and utd took their chances. This year we are in a much better position and have shown more than we have since Bale left. Chill the fudge out

I am chilled out, Braineclipse and myself always seem to wind each other up, my argument is that we have regressed, is Fazio and Dier (at present) better than Dawson ? I don't think so, Dawson would have handled Fellani a lot better, Utd`s goals were mainly down to sunday morning errors from us, we don't even look to be doing basic things correctly, you are saying that we are in a much better position so it will be no problem to have a higher league finishing position than last year then.

I am chilled out, Braineclipse and myself always seem to wind each other up, my argument is that we have regressed, is Fazio and Dier (at present) better than Dawson ? I don't think so, Dawson would have handled Fellani a lot better, Utd`s goals were mainly down to sunday morning errors from us, we don't even look to be doing basic things correctly, you are saying that we are in a much better position so it will be no problem to have a higher league finishing position than last year then.

You are having a laugh, next you will be saying that we should never have sold Caulker. Both players have found their level playing for teams in a relegation fight.

Back