• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Everton

Our 'goals for' will improve once Eriksen starts playing. We need some creativity in the team. We score hatfuls in the cups, admittedly against weaker teams, though I don't think its a coincidence that Eriksen has played more in those games

:-s

Holtby starting in the cups: Dinamo (H) 3-0, Tromsø (H) 3-0, Villa (A) 4-0, Anzhi (A) 2-0

Eriksen: Sheriff (A) 2-0, Hull (H) 1-1

Our 'goals for' will improve once Eriksen starts playing. We need some creativity in the team. We score hatfuls in the cups, admittedly against weaker teams, though I don't think its a coincidence that Eriksen has played more in those games

Unfortunately, AVB seems to prefer Holtby's bustle over Eriksen's creativity.

He hasn't preferred anyone yet, they've started every other game regardless of competition.

Is that right? I didn't realise that. I can't see how you build team understanding, or a consistent performance from the player, if it really is every other game. AVB should make his mind up.

I thought Vlad was excellent today. That tackle on Mirallas in particular was outstanding, and he also handled LUkaku well, something I was worried about before the game. I like the look of him. If we can get Kaboul fit now, it is looking GHod at center back.

In fact, I thought our back four in general was very solid today

Lloris - 9 - Commanded his defence and area really well as always. Didn't have to make any real amazing saves, but was a vital part of the defensive unit. He cleared up a lot of danger and gets an extra point for carrying on after that knock as he knew we were under pressure in that 2nd half.

Walker - 7 - Did well against Everton's dangerous left-flank, supported the attack more in the 1st half, but put a shift in with the rest of the defence when we were under pressure in the 2nd half.
Dawson - 7 - Captain's innings in the 2nd half, cleared up a couple of times when Chiriches got done and the two looked like a good unit together.
Chiriches - 8 - A couple of awesome tackles and interceptions. I think he is going to be an absolute legend with some of his antics. Worked well with Dawson and didn't allow himself to get bullied by Lukaku
Vertonghen - 8 - What can you say, a rolls royce performer, he was a good attacking out let, especially in the first half and was great defensively too.

Sandro - 9 - MOTM - I think we would have won this game if he'd stayed on. Completely dominated Everton's midfield and we noticeably lost our grip on proceedings when he went off.
Paulinho - 6 - Looked tired, which is understandable. Would have liked to have seen Dembele start this game alongside Sandro.
Holtby - 7 - He's a little pocket dynamo isn't he? Ran himself into the ground for the cause. Decent distribution and I think he's growing in stature with this run in the team.

Townsend & Lennon - 6 - I'm going to say exactly the same thing about them both. They are both good outlets with their pace and control, but both of their final balls, whether that is passing, shooting, or crossing were sub-standard in this game, which meant that we couldn't turn our domination in the first half into clear-cut chances for Soldado or the midfield runners to convert

Soldado - 6 - Harsh to give him lower, as he was starved of service, despite setting off on a run whenever we broke forward. I think he's struggling because we bought him with the idea that we'd have Lamela and Eriksen in the team, who both play the kind of quick one-two and threaded balls he loves. Neither of these two are regulars in the team, because they're taking time to adjust, so at the moment he's clearly in a team that doesn't suit him. Ade would be perfect for this team, so its a surprise he isn't being used..

6.5 - Paulinho, Lennon, Townsend & Soldado
7 - Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Sandro & Holtby
8 - Vertonghen & Lloris

Subs:

6.5 Dembele & Eriksen
7 Sigurdsson

Coach: 7 - AVB

Fans: 7.5

I don't get this comment - he's not playing as a ball-winner. His job isn't to 'hustle them all over the pitch' - in that no 10 role, he needs to be creating chances, dictating our attacks and linking up with Soldado. Maybe he's more of a CM and therefore either needs to play in CM or not at all - however today he did nothing that he should be doing in the position he was picked
Who's to say he was in the number 10 role? Just because its set out like that on the pretty screen does not mean thats what it is and how do you know that putting them under pressure, intercepting the ball and winning 50/50s was not his instructions?

If he had not done all them things we would not have been on top for the first 45 minutes.

I don't get this comment - he's not playing as a ball-winner. His job isn't to 'hustle them all over the pitch' - in that no 10 role, he needs to be creating chances, dictating our attacks and linking up with Soldado. Maybe he's more of a CM and therefore either needs to play in CM or not at all - however today he did nothing that he should be doing in the position he was picked

Unfortunately this is true he played more like a central midfielder than a 10, we need someone to provide a spark, either stick with Ericksen or give Lamela a couple of games there, I did think that Holtby had a good game but he was all over the place, Soldado must be well ****ed off, I think his frustration showed a couple of times.

Is Vertonghen the best defender in the premier league right now? I seriously don't think anyone is better this year

Is Vertonghen the best defender in the premier league right now? I seriously don't think anyone is better this year

Was hard to find a better centre half last year aswell to be fair. It's a shame that he is exactly the type of player Barcelona need.

LLoris 8 Fantastic save just a few minutes after that terrible challenge, top class

Walker 7 Good game, solid.

Chichires 7 One very good challenge, last ditch, on Mirallas I believe it was, passing seems a bit messy though

Dawson 6 Awful passing, just awful. But a couple of good blocks.

Vertonghen 8 Playing on his own at times, a class above

Sandro 7 Bossed things today, I want him to start and be our leader on the pitch.

Paulinho 5 Not good, seemed lost between lines at time.

Townsend 6 Not his best day, still beats players for fun. Dangerous hits on target too.

Holtby 5 Struggles to cope with the pace of games, no real signs of talent either

Lennon 4 What can I say? Tired of repeating myself week in week out.. Not good enough.

Soldado 6 Should stop moaning and make the runs, never in the right position.

Lloris - 9 - Commanded his defence and area really well as always. Didn't have to make any real amazing saves, but was a vital part of the defensive unit. He cleared up a lot of danger and gets an extra point for carrying on after that knock as he knew we were under pressure in that 2nd half.

Walker - 7 - Did well against Everton's dangerous left-flank, supported the attack more in the 1st half, but put a shift in with the rest of the defence when we were under pressure in the 2nd half.
Dawson - 7 - Captain's innings in the 2nd half, cleared up a couple of times when Chiriches got done and the two looked like a good unit together.
Chiriches - 8 - A couple of awesome tackles and interceptions. I think he is going to be an absolute legend with some of his antics. Worked well with Dawson and didn't allow himself to get bullied by Lukaku
Vertonghen - 8 - What can you say, a rolls royce performer, he was a good attacking out let, especially in the first half and was great defensively too.

Sandro - 9 - MOTM - I think we would have won this game if he'd stayed on. Completely dominated Everton's midfield and we noticeably lost our grip on proceedings when he went off.
Paulinho - 6 - Looked tired, which is understandable. Would have liked to have seen Dembele start this game alongside Sandro.
Holtby - 7 - He's a little pocket dynamo isn't he? Ran himself into the ground for the cause. Decent distribution and I think he's growing in stature with this run in the team.

Townsend & Lennon - 6 - I'm going to say exactly the same thing about them both. They are both good outlets with their pace and control, but both of their final balls, whether that is passing, shooting, or crossing were sub-standard in this game, which meant that we couldn't turn our domination in the first half into clear-cut chances for Soldado or the midfield runners to convert

Soldado - 6 - Harsh to give him lower, as he was starved of service, despite setting off on a run whenever we broke forward. I think he's struggling because we bought him with the idea that we'd have Lamela and Eriksen in the team, who both play the kind of quick one-two and threaded balls he loves. Neither of these two are regulars in the team, because they're taking time to adjust, so at the moment he's clearly in a team that doesn't suit him. Ade would be perfect for this team, so its a surprise he isn't being used..

I couldn't argue with any of these scores or comments.

I think the direct running options of Lennon and Townsend is a flawed strategy for us. Their end product is pretty poor and today both were equally guilty of wasting good attacking opportunities. In addition they don't seem to attack the box when the ball is on the other side of the pitch, nor run inside the fullbacks when Holtby is in possession. This isolates Soldado and makes it easy as pie to mark him out of the match. AVB should start with guile and introduce pace later in the game IMHO.

Lloris - 8

Walker - 7
Dawson - 7
Chiriches - 7
Vertonghen - 8

Paulinho - 5
Sandro - 8
Townsend - 6
Holtby - 6
Lennon - 5

Soldado - 6

Lloris, Vertonghen and Sandro all superb, Lloris is comfortably the best keeper in the Premier League. Dawson and Chiriches did well, ditto Walker. Going forward was another tepid display. Sig and Eriksen looked good when they came on, would have stood a better chance of winning if they started the game. Both deserve a start against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Would like to see Lamela at any point in the next league game too. I thought we would lose the game all week so a point is a good result, 2nd half display was **** poor going forward.

Can I just say people I'm not unhappy with the results, far from it, but we are not playing well. I went to the Hull game the other night, anyone who enjoyed that needs their head examined. People are being far too sensitive when it comes to criticism of the team/manager. How are we supposed to get better if we don't analyse the performance not just the results and identify areas which we can improve on?

Lloris - 8

Walker - 7
Dawson - 7
Chiriches - 7
Vertonghen - 8

Paulinho - 5
Sandro - 8
Townsend - 6
Holtby - 6
Lennon - 5

Soldado - 6

Lloris, Vertonghen and Sandro all superb, Lloris is comfortably the best keeper in the Premier League. Dawson and Chiriches did well, ditto Walker. Going forward was another tepid display. Sig and Eriksen looked good when they came on, would have stood a better chance of winning if they started the game. Both deserve a start against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Would like to see Lamela at any point in the next league game too. I thought we would lose the game all week so a point is a good result, 2nd half display was **** poor going forward.

Can I just say people I'm not unhappy with the results, far from it, but we are not playing well. I went to the Hull game the other night, anyone who enjoyed that needs their head examined. People are being far too sensitive when it comes to criticism of the team/manager. How are we supposed to get better if we don't analyse the performance not just the results and identify areas which we can improve on?

Thats the funny one for me too.

Start with Sig and Eriksen and bring the pace one with 20minutes to go... Surely that makes more sence?

Sigi and Townsend have not been any better when they have started.

Would love AVB to just throw off the shackles . Lamela, Eriksen , Holtby, Paul, Defoe and Soldado . Just for once it could be liberating.

Lloris - 8 - Didn't have any save of the season contenders, but a very solid display, quick off his line, commanded his area well and showed iron will to get back on the pitch after his injury.

Walker - 7 - Defensively sound, offered little in attack though

Dawson - 8 - Kept Lukaku out of the game

Chiriches - 8 - So composed on the ball, made one world class sliding tackle in the first half too

Vertonghen - 9 - Outstanding in both attack and defence. Although should have given a penalty away.

Sandro - 7 - Was playing well. No idea why he was taken off.

Paulinho - 6 - Meh

Holtby - 5 - Huffed and puffed, but if he is to start ahead of Eriksen, Sigurdsson and Lamela, he needs to offer more end product in the form of creativity and defence splitting passes. Not enough of that from him today.

Townsend - 6 - Looked lively, but no real end product today

Lennon - 5 - Lots of eager running, but final ball was awful apart from one ball to Soldado in the first half.

Soldado - 4 - You can say he had little service, which is true, but he was poor today. Should have scored from that Lennon cross.

Subs:

Dembele - 5 - Didn't really offer much

Sigurdsson - 6 - A decent shot that forced a good save from Howard, tried hard to make things happen but it didn't quite come off.

Eriksen - N/A

AVB - 5 - Correct starting line-up, but the substitutions were poor. Taking off Sandro made no sense as he was playing well and was preventing Everton from really coming at us, we went on the back foot after that sub. I know he felt that Paulinho was probably more likely to pop up with a goal than Sandro, but this left us exposed. Eriksen should have come on far earlier than he did. Our £30m man can't even get on the pitch. Sorry, but it's easy to see why there's a lack of goals in this side when you leave Eriksen, Sigurdsson and Lamela, arguably our three most creative players, all on the bench.

Back