• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Everton

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Lloris - 10. For getting back up after that whack. Seriously hope there's no damage.

Walker - 7. Decent defensive shift.
Dawson - 7. Kept Lukaku in check.
Chiriches - 7. Decent performance.
Vert' - 8. Looked bloody good on the left and provided a good attacking outlet.

Paulinho - 6. Mixed bag really. Looked tired in the 2nd half.
Sandro - 8. Beast. Should never have been subbed.

Townsend - 6. Lot of running but no end product.
Holtby - 7. Hustled Everton all over the pitch and inevitably tired.
Lennon - 5. Should have scored after an Everton error but played ball back into crowd. Lacking confidence.

Soldado - 4. Poor. Just doesn't look up for it.

Lloris - 8

Walker - 7
Dawson - 7
Chiriches - 7
Vertonghen - 8

Paulinho - 5.5
Sandro - 8

Townsend - 6
Holtby - 6
Lennon - 5

Soldado - 6

Lloris - 10!!!

Walker - 7
Dawson - 7
Chiriches - 7
Vert' - 8

Paulinho - 6
Sandro - 8

Townsend - 6
Holtby - 5
Lennon - 5

Soldado - 5

Lloris - 8

Walker - 7
Dawson - 7
Vlad - 8
Verts - 9

Sandro - 8.5
Paulinho - 6

Townsend - 7
Holtby - 8
Lennon - 6.5

Soldado 6.5

Lloris 7.5

Walker 6.5
Dawson 7
Chiriches 7.5
Vertonghen 8

Sandro 8
Paulinho 6

Townsend 6.5
Holtby 6.5
Lennon 5

Soldado 6

subs 6

First below average performance for Townsend this season, to the point where he got to be quite frustrating. Needs to learn to release it sooner (same can be said about a few of our midfielders tbf) and also not blindly rampage forward every time he receives the ball.

Verts and Sandro were the stand outs today.

Lloris..9 took a real nasty knock, so well done for getting back on with it. Came at a good time too, as they were getting on top.

Walker..7 did a good job against Baines, not sure he works well with Townsend though.
Dawson..7 pretty good job against Lukaku, and as a leader
Chriches..7 nervewracking watching him, but seems to have really good knack of intercepting ball without having to make a tackle.
Verts..8.5 excellent at left back today. Would Rose start ahead of Verts on today's showing.

Paulinho..6 thought he looked tired out there, understandably.
Sandro..8 really good performance, should have stayed on.

Lennon..6 a few good attacks but should have more confidence to take on players and SHOOT
Townsend..6 Surprised he played given the injury, and looked a bit cautious at times as a result
Holtby.. 7 Though he was good for first 30-40 minutes, a lot of bustling and linking play up, but then tired massively second half and should have been subbed off.

Soldado... couldn't really put a rating as he didn't really get much ball where he could do anything with it.. one half chance shooting opportunity I think.

First below average performance for Townsend this season, to the point where he got to be quite frustrating. Needs to learn to release it sooner (same can be said about a few of our midfielders tbf) and also not blindly rampage forward every time he receives the ball.

Verts and Sandro were the stand outs today.

Well summed up I thought, although I also thought Chiriches was one of the stand outs today. That one tackle was brilliant and he dealt well with Lukaku and Everton throughout. I would be tempted to start him alongside Verts when Rose is back.

Lloris..9 took a real nasty knock, so well done for getting back on with it. Came at a good time too, as they were getting on top.

Walker..7 did a good job against Baines, not sure he works well with Townsend though.
Dawson..7 pretty good job against Lukaku, and as a leader
Chriches..7 nervewracking watching him, but seems to have really good knack of intercepting ball without having to make a tackle.
Verts..8.5 excellent at left back today. Would Rose start ahead of Verts on today's showing.

Paulinho..6 thought he looked tired out there, understandably.
Sandro..8 really good performance, should have stayed on.

Lennon..6 a few good attacks but should have more confidence to take on players and SHOOT
Townsend..6 Surprised he played given the injury, and looked a bit cautious at times as a result
Holtby.. 7 Though he was good for first 30-40 minutes, a lot of bustling and linking play up, but then tired massively second half and should have been subbed off.

Soldado... couldn't really put a rating as he didn't really get much ball where he could do anything with it.. one half chance shooting opportunity I think.

Did not do well, when he did get the ball. Should have done a lot better with his half chance and miss controlled the ball other times. In 10 games, he has done, very, very little . Pens apart

Did not do well, when he did get the ball. Should have done a lot better with his half chance and miss controlled the ball other times. In 10 games, he has done, very, very little . Pens apart

Trouble is if he has been put in there to convert chances -as opposed to link up play, hold the ball up etc (and I don't know that is the case, just guessing) - then he has to be judged on conversion rate of chances. And there weren't really any. Maybe one. He made plenty of runs though, and you can't ask too much more. I don't really think he wants the ball to feet when he has his back to goal, and marked, or in the air from a cross, which is what we seem to be doing at the moment. I think he wants it slid down the channels, into space in front of him, pulled back from crosses on the ground etc. (And I'd still like to see Ade get chance.)

Lloris - 7.5. Did not have much to do, but forcing his way back onto the pitch after getting a knee to the head is worthy of a good score in my book.

Walker - 7. Wasn't really troubled much, dealt with defensive aspects well, and offered decent support on the overlap. Crossing still as awful as ever, but you can't have everything. Good show, overall.
Dawson - 7.5. Dealt with everything Everton threw at him, never switched off and dealt with Lukaku reasonably well once Sandro went off.
Chiriches - 7.5. See above. also displayed some nice ball skills at times.
Verts - 8. Thundered down the left flank regularly, frightening Coleman on a regular basis. Great defensively as well. MOTM.

Sandro - 7.5. Dealt expertly well with Lukaku, and his quick recoveries were vital to starting our thrusts forward.
Paulinho - 7. Grafted hard, but was always slightly off with his bursts forward.
Holtby - 7. Tireless and relentless when closing down, but lacked accuracy and quickness when releasing the ball.

Lennon - 6.5. Was a potent threat down the left, but as ever, his ball delivery and decision making prowess let him down to often.
Townsend - 7. Potent threat down the right, but could only really do two things, shoot and cross, neither of which were very effective today. Not his fault, though.

Soldado - 6. No service. How can you judge a player when he gets one, maybe two passes to feet the entire game?

Subs:

Dembele - 5.5. Came on for Sandro, but couldn't provide anywhere near the same level of defensive stability, and was caught up in Everton's waves of attacks from that point forward.
Sig - 6. Came on for Lennon, but his impact was negated by the loss of momentum we suffered after Sandro went off. Tested Howard with a rasping drive from the left, in his best contribution to the game.
Eriksen - N/A. Given about ten minutes at the death, didn't expect much from him in those circumstances.

AVB - 6.5. Depends. If it turns out Sandro's substitution was a tactical decision, then 4.5. If it was forced (which appears to be the rising belief around here) then 6.5, couldn't really do more. I do wonder why he's frozen Ade out though, he could have been useful here.

Trouble is if he has been put in there to convert chances -as opposed to link up play, hold the ball up etc (and I don't know that is the case, just guessing) - then he has to be judged on conversion rate of chances. And there weren't really any. Maybe one. He made plenty of runs though, and you can't ask too much more. I don't really think he wants the ball to feet when he has his back to goal, and marked, or in the air from a cross, which is what we seem to be doing at the moment. I think he wants it slid down the channels, into space in front of him, pulled back from crosses on the ground etc. (And I'd still like to see Ade get chance.)

For £25m you would expect more. He id not do well with his half chance. You should not just buy a striker because you think he is a good finisher of clear cut chances. The team needs more than that, otherwise he is a passenger and you are carrying him, for too many games.

At least Defoe can make his own chances.

Amazed that people are giving Holtby 7 or 8 - I thought he was really poor. Playing in that 'no 10' role you need to do two thing (1) create chances and be the fulcrum of attacks and (2) link the midfield with the forward and support that forward. Didn't think he didn't either today and I cant understand why he's playing in the league and Eriksen in the cup competitions

Soldado again suffered from lack of support and our inability to create chances. The wingers need to support him more when play is going down the other side and, following on from above, we need to be playing Eriksen as he's out most creative player (plus Townsend needs to learn to cross rather than shoot all the time)

Holtby - 7. Hustled Everton all over the pitch and inevitably tired.

I don't get this comment - he's not playing as a ball-winner. His job isn't to 'hustle them all over the pitch' - in that no 10 role, he needs to be creating chances, dictating our attacks and linking up with Soldado. Maybe he's more of a CM and therefore either needs to play in CM or not at all - however today he did nothing that he should be doing in the position he was picked

Overall a 7. Good at the back, woeful in the final third.

As for Ade, I can see why he has been frozen out. Crap attitude last year, terrible finisher, more often than not a passenger, cant catch a plane in time and frankly often a liability.

I can see that an in form Ade, with the right attitude offers something well worth having. But with so many new players and such a big squad to look after, you cant have uncertainty surrounding every position. Otherwise you'll never get anywhere and chop and change every five minutes.

Plus when you fork out 26 million for a striker you need to give him all the game time possible to get him firing.

My criticism of AVB with regards strikers would be that we should have played Soldado against the minnows to get his confidence up and start getting him on the same wavelength as some of his teammates.

Today AVB gets a 4 from me. Unless the spurious rumours about injury to Sandro are true, then a 4.5.

Even if a player gets injured we cant just accept that we totally lose control of the game. We have invested in a squad to try and prevent that sort of thing from happening. Change the tactis, formation. Do something. Its what your paid to do: manage the team.

He's got previous for weird subs anyway, so I don't know why people find it hard to believe he would have taken a tactical decision to put Dembele on.

Ade was woeful last year - he doesn't deserve another chance

Ade was woeful last year - he doesn't deserve another chance

You are right he wasn't good. But, unless our goals for stats begin to change for the better, I still think he is worth a shot - maybe not "deserves" a shot -- as he might be better fit with the current team set up. Be good to see him earn his wages on the pitch, too.

You are right he wasn't good. But, unless our goals for stats begin to change for the better, I still think he is worth a shot - maybe not "deserves" a shot -- as he might be better fit with the current team set up. Be good to see him earn his wages on the pitch, too.

Our 'goals for' will improve once Eriksen starts playing. We need some creativity in the team. We score hatfuls in the cups, admittedly against weaker teams, though I don't think its a coincidence that Eriksen has played more in those games

Back