• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Cardiff

Lloris 7

Naughton 6
Dawson 6 a lot lot better then the other day but he was facing crap strikers.
Verts 7
Fryers 6

Townsend 4 i am his biggest fan but he should learn to pass and cross more or he can **** off to Villa which maybe his level
Paulinho 5 looks lost
Dembele 4 This shows why we need to sell him, he should be ripping teams like this to shreds, i wanted us to buy him i was a fan but he offers nothing going forward and is just a water carrier.
Lennon 5 the cross/pass in the last minute sums him up, move him on and get ince in the summer.

Ade 7 so hard working and full of running.
Soldado 7.5 lovely goal hope this is the start of it and he has recovered from being coached by the worse coach in prem history.

Not saying he couldn't do more, but in a 4-4-2 with Ade and Soldado up front and Paulinho next to him in central midfield Dembele is essentially playing the role of the defensive midfielder. And he played his third 90 minutes in a week and after putting in a proper shift both defending and attacking against Dnipro on Thursday.

At least even when "offering nothing going forward" he's still being the water carrier, he's still diligent, he still helped us stay solid. So far the same can't be said about Paulinho unfortunately.

I really dislike the way people do not give credit where it is due just because they dislike a player. I'm not Dawsons biggest fan but he was absolutely outstanding today and was unlucky not to score.

I didn't see the game but the Sky updates said Dawson was outstanding.

Id look over it it if one or two were playing ****. But whe were playing gash as a unit you have to put the blame at the management. We are to too good a squad to be playing this way. Apart from a few top sides our play3rs would walk into any side.

Id look over it it if one or two were playing ****. But whe were playing gash as a unit you have to put the blame at the management. We are to too good a squad to be playing this way. Apart from a few top sides our play3rs would walk into any side.

^^^ This

How many of the staring line-up today would you classify as "would walk into any side apart from a few top sides" type players?

Not saying he couldn't do more, but in a 4-4-2 with Ade and Soldado up front and Paulinho next to him in central midfield Dembele is essentially playing the role of the defensive midfielder. And he played his third 90 minutes in a week and after putting in a proper shift both defending and attacking against Dnipro on Thursday.

At least even when "offering nothing going forward" he's still being the water carrier, he's still diligent, he still helped us stay solid. So far the same can't be said about Paulinho unfortunately.

Agree. Paulinho left Dembele to do pretty much all of the work in midfield today and he was solid enough IMO.
Dembele looks like he needs a week off actually.

Dawson 6 a lot lot better then the other day but he was facing crap strikers.
This is such a f**king lazy, stereotypical opinion and it angers me no end. By all means have a spacegoat but don't say that about him when he was our best defender and rate Vertonghen higher who played against the same 'crap' strikers.

LLORIS 6 - can't think of him or their GK doing much at all TBH
NAUGHTON 5 - woeful going forward, okay defensively (standard)
DAWSON 8 - not perfect but in the first half he made two or three crucial interventions and was unlucky not to score once or twice
VERTONGHEN 7 - good
FRYERS 5 - like Naughton but understandable cos he's so inexperienced so I'll cut him some slack
LENNON 6 - ran about a lot and was very good with his defensive contribution but his end product was woeful for the most part
PAULINHO 5 - he is a ghost. People will big him up when he scores in two or three games time... then he'll deliver five more insipid performances
DEMBELE 6 - not much better, but at least gave better protection to the defence
TOWNSEND 6 - end product poor poor poor
SOLDADO 7 - not overly good but got the winner which was good to see
ADEBAYOR 6 - below par

CHADLI 7 - showed more urgency than most his teammates
SANDRO 5 - was surprisingly dreadful in his cameo, still injured?
KANE 5 - missed a sitter

This is such a f**king lazy, stereotypical opinion and it angers me no end. By all means have a spacegoat but don't say that about him when he was our best defender and rate Vertonghen higher who played against the same 'crap' strikers.

LLORIS 6 - can't think of him or their GK doing much at all TBH
NAUGHTON 5 - woeful going forward, okay defensively (standard)
DAWSON 8 - not perfect but in the first half he made two or three crucial interventions and was unlucky not to score once or twice
VERTONGHEN 7 - good
FRYERS 5 - like Naughton but understandable cos he's so inexperienced so I'll cut him some slack
LENNON 6 - ran about a lot and was very good with his defensive contribution but his end product was woeful for the most part
PAULINHO 5 - he is a ghost. People will big him up when he scores in two or three games time... then he'll deliver five more insipid performances
DEMBELE 6 - not much better, but at least gave better protection to the defence
TOWNSEND 6 - end product poor poor poor
SOLDADO 7 - not overly good but got the winner which was good to see
ADEBAYOR 6 - below par

CHADLI 7 - showed more urgency than most his teammates
SANDRO 5 - was surprisingly dreadful in his cameo, still injured?
KANE 5 - missed a sitter

Not sure how you make that out. A couple of his through balls were absolute peaches.

I starting to have my doubts about Sandro. Im not sure if its all the injuries but (cue the abuse) he's not the player on here think he is as mush as I love him.

I starting to have my doubts about Sandro. Im not sure if its all the injuries but (cue the abuse) he's not the player on here think he is as mush as I love him.

This will be heresy to most Spurs fans, but I think we could do worse than considering taking a decent offer for him in the summer. You cannot rely on someone so injury prone, its ridiculous the amount of games he misses. Same with Kaboul. Having them two in the squad is like permanently missing your best two players, but never replacing them because they're always "coming back" sometime in the never never.

The game was a typical tired post-Europa performance. Surprised Sherwood didn't rotate more and get some fresher legs into the team

LLORIS - 6 - Nothing of note to do.
NAUGHTON - 7 - Was decent, solid and reliable at the back and supported the attack when possible
DAWSON - 8 - MOTM - Towering performance from Daws, won everything and kept us looking solid at the back. Captain's innings
VERTONGHEN - 8 - Awesome performance alongside Daws, some brilliant runs forward as well and good distribution
FRYERS - 7 - See Naughton. We looked solid at the back
LENNON - 6 - Lots of effort, but not a lot of quality end product
PAULINHO - 5 - Was he even there?
DEMBELE - 6 - Tired performance
TOWNSEND - 5 - See Lennon
SOLDADO - 7 - Took his goal well and linked well with Ade
ADE - 6 - Worked hard, but didn't have the greatest game, understandable after his efforts on Thursday

CHADLI - 7 - Looked lively when he came on, his best performances have come as sub this season
SANDRO - 5 - Didn't do much, looked rusty
KANE - 5 - We seem to have to miss at least one sitter a game just now?

For those saying Lloris didnt need to do much, I remember a particular save in the first half where we could have gone one nil down so I would say he deserves some credit there as our best player.

Ade needs to spot the runs sooner having been at the game yesterday he could have put Lennon and Soldado in but delayed it too long and overall decisions in the build up play could be alot better from Ade I think.

Naughton, lets be honest he is offering nothing attacking wise and is holding us up down the right.

Paulinhio, well lets hope he was told to be a lazy **** yesterday by the manager otherwise he needs to offer more, alot more. What a huge disappointment.

For those saying Lloris didnt need to do much, I remember a particular save in the first half where we could have gone one nil down so I would say he deserves some credit there as our best player.

Ade needs to spot the runs sooner having been at the game yesterday he could have put Lennon and Soldado in but delayed it too long and overall decisions in the build up play could be alot better from Ade I think.

Naughton, lets be honest he is offering nothing attacking wise and is holding us up down the right.

Paulinhio, well lets hope he was told to be a lazy **** yesterday by the manager otherwise he needs to offer more, alot more. What a huge disappointment.

I think Paulinho is like a Kevin Nolan with extra samba-tekkers, he literally contributes the square root of f-all to a game, but will pop up and score from nowhere on occasions (the added samba-tekkers is the occasional outragious back-heel/flick/pass he occasionally pulls off when he can be arsed).

I think Paulinho is like a Kevin Nolan with extra samba-tekkers, he literally contributes the square root of f-all to a game, but will pop up and score from nowhere on occasions (the added samba-tekkers is the occasional outragious back-heel/flick/pass he occasionally pulls off when he can be arsed).

To me he is playing within himself. He plays like a man in fear of missing the biggest party of his life. His Brazilian performances are so much more committed, so you have to think he's just trying desperately not to get injured. I can understand it I suppose, and he must be fairly sure he's on the plane or he'd be trying harder. I predict the Paulinho we'll see next season will be a different player to this one.

I know what you are saying but in a 442 we cant carry passengers like that the way hone games go especially.

Lloris 6 - One or two important saves but never really gets us going quickly enough, and his kicking...
Naughton 6 - Offered very little offensively again...
Dawson 7 - Decent at both ends of the field; might even have scored a couple, which can't be said every week.
Vertonghen 6 - Apart from the Zidane turn and some arm-waving, didn't do a huge amount, but dependable and rarely costs posssession.
Fryers 6 - Some wicked deep crosses, but can look nervous on the ball. One or two mix-ups with Townsend that might have cost us.
Lennon 7 - Everywhere. An important defensive shift, albeit that he could have given us more in an attacking sense once again.
Paulinho 5 - What does he do? +1 because there was the occasional 50-50 he didn't bottle the way he usually does.
Dembele 5 - Below par performance from him. When it comes to poorly-timed, wayward passes, lack of vision and sloppy decision-making, he has it all on these occasions.
Townsend 4 - Too selfish and a liability in terms of the team, he stayed on far too long for anyone's good. He started the season peppering row z and appears to have gone backwards.
Adebayor 7 - Without his work-rate and hold-up play, we'd have done nothing in the opposition half all game.
Soldado 6 - Once he got his now seemingly mandatory 4-yard miss out of the way, looked okay. Got his goal, finally -- you know, the one that everyone says is going to kick-start his season -- hopefully he can actually push on.

Sandro 6
Chadli 6
Kane 6

Back