• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Cardiff

I thought Lennon was disappointing. Yes he worked hard but I'd like to see Spurs have a winger with some end product. Lennon and Townsend are midtable players at best.

Cuardrado or Boetius are better players IMO.

Lloris 6 - One or two important saves but never really gets us going quickly enough, and his kicking...
Naughton 6 - Offered very little offensively again...
Dawson 7 - Decent at both ends of the field; might even have scored a couple, which can't be said every week.
Vertonghen 6 - Apart from the Zidane turn and some arm-waving, didn't do a huge amount, but dependable and rarely costs posssession.
Fryers 6 - Some wicked deep crosses, but can look nervous on the ball. One or two mix-ups with Townsend that might have cost us.
Lennon 7 - Everywhere. An important defensive shift, albeit that he could have given us more in an attacking sense once again.
Paulinho 5 - What does he do? +1 because there was the occasional 50-50 he didn't bottle the way he usually does.
Dembele 5 - Below par performance from him. When it comes to poorly-timed, wayward passes, lack of vision and sloppy decision-making, he has it all on these occasions.
Townsend 4 - Too selfish and a liability in terms of the team, he stayed on far too long for anyone's good. He started the season peppering row z and appears to have gone backwards.
Adebayor 7 - Without his work-rate and hold-up play, we'd have done nothing in the opposition half all game.
Soldado 6 - Once he got his now seemingly mandatory 4-yard miss out of the way, looked okay. Got his goal, finally -- you know, the one that everyone says is going to kick-start his season -- hopefully he can actually push on.

Sandro 6
Chadli 6
Kane 6

Do we Spurs fans have some kind of blindness in relation to Naughton that we fail to clock any of the good things he does? Such as ..

(1) that beautifully-weighted through-ball to Lennon early on that put the little winger into space behind the defence, allowing him to place a neat cross into the path of Soldado whose strike close-in at the near post went wide
(2) another peach of a through-ball second half that once again put Lennon through, this time to the edge of the box only for him to be upended, thereby earning us a fk in a dangerous area that Townsend flighted straight into the arms of the keeper
(3) a neatly-crarfted cross from short range late-on right into the feet of Adebayor who, although clear on goal just inside the box and with only the goalkeeper to beat, fluffed his attempted strike from close range.

Do we Spurs fans have some kind of blindness in relation to Naughton that we fail to clock any of the good things he does? Such as ..

(1) that beautifully-weighted through-ball to Lennon early on that put the little winger into space behind the defence, allowing him to place a neat cross into the path of Soldado whose strike close-in at the near post went wide
(2) another peach of a through-ball second half that once again put Lennon through, this time to the edge of the box only for him to be upended, thereby earning us a fk in a dangerous area that Townsend flighted straight into the arms of the keeper
(3) a neatly-crarfted cross from short range late-on right into the feet of Adebayor who, although clear on goal just inside the box and with only the goalkeeper to beat, fluffed his attempted strike from close range.

I agree. He is not as good on the overlap as Walker but I think that he makes better use of the ball.

it was a crapshoot against a weaker team again.

i don't feel at all that this is this better than AVB's control-freak-no-surprises football.

How about making the ratings thread, with the
survey.png
attached, an automatic sticky that replaces the OMT as soon as the match ends and stays there for a couple of days or maybe even until the start of the next game?

Also - don't know if this is even do-able - but would be even better if the Zoho Survey could be made to appear at the top of the thread as with poll threads. Even better if it could be made possible to review the results in real time as with ratings polls in the Guardian, BBC etc, but I'm guessing this is both ludicrously expensive and beyond the software capabilities of this forum.

How about making the ratings thread, with the
survey.png
attached, an automatic sticky that replaces the OMT as soon as the match ends and stays there for a couple of days or maybe even until the start of the next game?

Also - don't know if this is even do-able - but would be even better if the Zoho Survey could be made to appear at the top of the thread as with poll threads. Even better if it could be made possible to review the results in real time as with ratings polls in the Guardian, BBC etc, but I'm guessing this is both ludicrously expensive and beyond the software capabilities of this forum.

We're looking at some options at the moment and trialling them in the admin area.

We'll post the results later today once the survey closes. When I checked last night we had over 60 responses which I think is really good for the first time trying it.

We would be interested in people's views on this. How do people think the survey and post match thread have worked? Any other suggestions about how we can make them better?

Considering Sky offered only 30 mins of highlights, 60 hits seems pretty decent - possibly even more actual ratings than we usually get for top matches following live tv.

I agree and considering he is our back up right back..... Who exactly could we replace hime with that could fulfill that role?

I agree and considering he is our back up right back..... Who exactly could we replace hime with that could fulfill that role?

I think the idea in the future should be if the understudy does not have enough to make it and oust a regualar starter then he should be sold and a young player in the system given the chance to be in the squad and get games and a chance. For me I quite like Naughton, he is solid enough. Will he ever take walkers place? no. Will he ever get better than he is? unlikely i think he has platued. So sell him on now for 5-6m or so. Bring Fredericks back from Millwall in the summer and make him Walkers understudy. Give him the cup games etc and see if he can progress enough to threaten to take Walkers place.

I think the idea in the future should be if the understudy does not have enough to make it and oust a regualar starter then he should be sold and a young player in the system given the chance to be in the squad and get games and a chance. For me I quite like Naughton, he is solid enough. Will he ever take walkers place? no. Will he ever get better than he is? unlikely i think he has platued. So sell him on now for 5-6m or so. Bring Fredericks back from Millwall in the summer and make him Walkers understudy. Give him the cup games etc and see if he can progress enough to threaten to take Walkers place.

I know nothing of Fredericks but is he as good as Naughton now? If not then are we not weakening our squad to replace an already relatively young player? What if that cost us 5 points? What if we miss out on CL football because of that?

I know nothing of Fredericks but is he as good as Naughton now? If not then are we not weakening our squad to replace an already relatively young player? What if that cost us 5 points? What if we miss out on CL football because of that?
In his brief appearance for us in the Europas last December Fredericks looked potentially a far better better crosser of the ball than any of our current squad.

You guys really need to watch that game over and look at the other players when Naughton gets the ball (not counting his turnovers and getting caught out of position)

Many times Lennon/Ade/Soldado are making runs, he gets the ball, runs a little bit forward, then checks back and kills the whole play.

Him and Rose are just not good enough for a team in the top 6 ... or pretenses of.

You guys really need to watch that game over and look at the other players when Naughton gets the ball (not counting his turnovers and getting caught out of position)

Many times Lennon/Ade/Soldado are making runs, he gets the ball, runs a little bit forward, then checks back and kills the whole play.

Him and Rose are just not good enough for a team in the top 6 ... or pretenses of.

Rose is the issue not Naughton, as Naughton is not first choice and is no worse than United, Liverpool, Arsenal have as their back-up right back. Chelsea and City have quality back-ups as they have ridiculous budgets and can afford to pay someone £200k a week to sit on the bench.

Rose would be fine if he was a back-up, the issue is he is first choice.

Agree he still has a tendency to be over-cautious, he will generally only attempt a forward pass when confident he'll find his man. But he's far from being alone in this, in fact the likes of Verts and Dembele are every bit as guilty.

However with the recent run of games in his favoured position he's not only becoming more solid and reliable at the back but is progressively coming more out of his shell going forward. He's never going to be anything more than decent but as NWND says that's fine for a squad defender.

i think that it is interesting that the results are a lot more positive than the tone of discussion on here.

Excellent work mate, and yes, I noticed that apart from...

:ross: at the 5% that gave Sherwood a '1' in a game we won.

Back