• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings - Arsenal (A)

Huddlestone's corners were abysmal today

Low and short-WTF is that all about? And when Hudd went off Bale was taking them-he should be getting on the end of them not taking them. And 11 players back when they get a corner. It is shambolic.

Hudd was poor after we went down to ten and there is a case to say he lost us any chance of getting something from the game. Poor touch for one and lost his man for another-can't remember the third. Looked out on his feet after 25 minutes.

The scores for Lloris are absolutely ridiculous. One good save but he could have done better for at least 2 of the goals-his distribution was anarchic and he flapped at crosses.

Gallas contributed to 2 goals...
AVB looked lost after their second goal but manned up at half time and I hope now he has an instant plan for when we go down to 10.

Last edited:
Low and short-WTF is that all about? And when Hudd went off Bale was taking them-he should be getting on the end of them not taking them. And 11 players back when they get a corner. It is shambolic.

Hudd was poor after we went down to ten and there is a case to say he lost us any chance of getting something from the game. Poor touch for one and lost his man for another-can't remember the third. Looked out on his feet after 25 minutes.

The scores for Lloris are absolutely ridiculous. One good save but he could have done better for at least 2 of the goals-his distribution was anarchic and he flapped at crosses.

Gallas contributed to 2 goals...but we had 10 men.

AVB looked lost after their second goal but manned up at half time and I hope now he has a plan for when we go down to 10.
As someone else pointed out, Hudd would undoubtedly have been following strict instructions from AVB.

Criticise him for his poor defensive performance by all means, doubtless most would agree on that, but dead ball accuracy is hardly one of his weaknesses. His FKs from the flanks are usually perfectly-flighted and lead to decent attempts on goal plus the occasional direct assist.

I was watching the game with a gooner...I thought we played well and as hard as we could and pulling back at 4-2 ... decent performance, and though there were goals, i'm happy if this means that arsenal won't strengthen in Jan ;)

Lloris 7 - did nothing wrong, saved a few shots and came out well to claim through balls
Naughton 5 - bambi on ice...
Vertonghen 7 - he needs to be the captain so that the players will support his Lothar Mattheus style runs
Gallas 5 - good judgement but does not have the legs, speed or heart for the premier league anymore.
Walker 6 - OK performance; expecting better but he seems to be caught in a rut right now
Bale 7 - covered a lot of ground and that was another spectacular solo goal that would have caught the attention of CL clubs
Sandro 8 - very efficient and effective player...but needs a better partner to shine
Huddlestone 6 - tried his utmost but he is just too slow and the weak link in the pressure play we are trying to adopt
Lennon 6 - don't remember much from him, needs to try harder
Adebayor 6 - we looked so good with him around. a moment of madness that needs to be addressed. i believe this is the kick in the butt he needs and he will come good when he returns.
Defoe 5 - should take a look at how podolski and giroud support play and attacks the goal...another point off for ranting and raving like a prima donna and bale took a shot that went wide...

Subs:

Dempsey 6 - worked hard.
Dawson 7 - great performance; looked sharp despite a lack of games
Carroll 6 - a mild introduction...looked comfortable but didn't seem ready to impose himself on the game

At least last season Walker could pass to one of OUR team

Could he? All I remeber is people getting excited by him because he ran very quickly, was English and can hit the ball hard.

Without starting some sort of witch hunt, I honestly don't ever remember disliking watching a player as much as Walker. I think my frustration stems from his inability to form any relationship with, and effectively neutralising, Lennon, our second most potent attacking force.

Funnily enough, I always thought Jenas would make a good right back....

Defoe 5 - should take a look at how podolski and giroud support play and attacks the goal...another point off for ranting and raving like a prima donna and bale took a shot that went wide...e

To be fair Bale is shooting sometimes when he should pass, and maybe is getting a little to big for his boots. I dont mind him going on his own when he has little options BUT football is a team game and he and the team will do better if he picks out a pass sometimes.

On a plus note he is getting pretty strong on his right foot. So thats a very good thing. Weird that he scored from outside the box with his right but screwed a shot wide with his left.

Could he? All I remeber is people getting excited by him because he ran very quickly, was English and can hit the ball hard.

Without starting some sort of witch hunt, I honestly don't ever remember disliking watching a player as much as Walker. I think my frustration stems from his inability to form any relationship with, and effectively neutralising, Lennon, our second most potent attacking force.

Funnily enough, I always thought Jenas would make a good right back....

Sometimes 'resting' a player helps. Give him a few games 'off' as he has been clueless this season and latter part of last season. He needs a good break and restart so to speak.

To be fair Bale is shooting sometimes when he should pass, and maybe is getting a little to big for his boots. I dont mind him going on his own when he has little options BUT football is a team game and he and the team will do better if he picks out a pass sometimes.

On a plus note he is getting pretty strong on his right foot. So thats a very good thing. Weird that he scored from outside the box with his right but screwed a shot wide with his left.
You mean like Defoe always does? Pots and kettles! :ross:

Yeah he's still yet to score with his left this season. He's got four with his right and one with his head.

Sometimes 'resting' a player helps. Give him a few games 'off' as he has been clueless this season and latter part of last season. He needs a good break and restart so to speak.
Question is who comes in to replace him? Naughton is hardly pulling up trees at the moment. Is Adam Smith worth a pop?

Thought I'd leave this 24hrs to give a more balanced opinion.

Lloris - 6
Walker - 5
Gallas - 4.5
Vertonghen - 5.5
Naughton - 5

Lennon - 5
Huddlestone - 5
Sandro - 6.5
Bale - 6

Adebayor - 5 Although he was doing well prior to sending off my score includes everything Ade contributed.
Defoe - 5

Subs:
Dawson - 6
Dempsey - 5
Carroll - 6

Team 5 - Capitulated after sending off which is not good enough for professional footballers at this level.
AVB 7 - Good line up, good changes at halftime and got the lads refocused. Shame it went the way it did.

Walker is going backwards. He was contributing to attacking play earlier this season now he is our invisible man. But it has to be said the danger from Arsenal mainly came down our left flank

I got the impression that Bale could have absolutely annihilated them whenever he wanted. He was by far the most superior player on that pitch in terms of talent, ability and sheer power. If he wanted to go on a run it looked like at times there was nothing they could do to stop him. I want to see this more, slightly had the feeling of the San Siro that night where it felt he could do it single handedly and that was the only way possible for us to get back into the game.

Tbf, the sale of Corluka was inevitable after he was frozen out by the previous management. It was the freezing out and lack of rotation that did the real damage...

I don't think Corluka was frozen out. Redknapp rated Walker more than Corluka so played him. Was Redknapp right? Probably not. We did rotate last year, we just didn't rotate much in the league and I think that's reasonable to be honest.

Lloris 4 poor could have done better I thought with a few goals and his so-called excellent distribution was poor
Naughton 4 worst game in a Spurs shirt made Walcott look good
Gallas 5 not good (again)
Vertonghen 6 some great challenges but not his best game
Walker 4.5 poor
Lennon 5 anonymous
Sandro 7 best of the worst
Huddlestone 3 very poor, awful set piece delivery, terrible marking and slow as ever not Spurs quality'
Bale 7 great goal he at least looked a threat
Adebayor 1 cost us the match even though he was playing great before it inexcusabale challenge
Defoe 5 he tried but he was a passenger after Ade got sent off

Carroll 6.5 looked good actually tried to make things happen
Dempsey 6 thought he did OK actually
Dawson 6 ok

Agreed he has to be held accountable if Brad put in the same performance he would have gotten 4's and 5's (which is accurate) Everyone was calling for him because he can make world class saves that Friedel cant and his distribution was excellent. Well this game he did neither well.

Back