• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings - Arsenal (A)

3rd should have been saved..it went under his arms after he dived late. 5th could have been saved but he dived late again but the rest he could do nothing about imo.

Sky showed the camera angle behind lloris goal when replaying Giroud's goal. Just watch that particular angle if you can to see how slow he was.

you know that's in slow motion, right?

and, after you've seen it once, you know where the ball is going but the keeper doesn't have that luxury??

it was a first time shot, through 2 players from 6 yards out. we need to get real on this board.

In terms of Bale's defensive contribution, I would have thought that there's a very good chance he's being told to stay up front.

Saying that, our defence is an absolute shambles - we need men covering and helping out.

Frankly, when two out of the back four are Gallas and Walker, you're going to concede goals. It also can't possibly be helping with the defenders not knowing who the keeper's going to be for the next game.

I honestly think there's a good chance of Gallas, Walker and Vertonghen being dropped for the West Ham game, with us playing Ekotto, Dawson, Caulker, Naughton. To me, that looks a lot more stable.

Lloris 5 - some good saves, but might have done better with one or two of the goals. particurly the crucial one which seemed to dribble by him and he was not in a great position.
Walker 4 brick again, but not helped by Lennons poor positioning and lack of running off the ball
Gallas 3 Thanks Sir William but goodnight
Verts 4 - overwhelmed
Naughton 3 - looked like a novice against Wallcott
Lennon 3 - since his England call up his form has gone to pot - same happened last time. No threat whatsoever down our right side for several games now
Hudd 4 - too slow in everything he did, almost always the wrong side of his man, left Mattisaker for the first goal, Corners were dreadful
Sandro 6 - tried hard but too many stupid free kicks given away
Bale 6 - poor first half, better in second
Ade 1 - goal but what was he thinking? Cost us the game singlehandedly
Defoe 4 - ineffective without Ade

Dawson 6 a couple of last ditch tackles but also some mistakes
Dempsey 5 a bit better than recently but it would be hard to be worse
Carroll 6 - looked ok when he came on - and a big improvement over Hudd

AVB - 7 Reasonable team selection and we looked comfortable in the first 15 minutes, and were a goal to the good. Then Ade's moment of madness (not AVB's fault). Maybe could have shored it up a bit better at the end of the first half but should be given credit for changing it and going for it in the second half. At -1-4 down and with only 10 men it was always a difficult ask but at least he gave it a go and we didnt capitulate to a humiliation.

Lloris 6 - did nothing wrong

Walker 5 - seems so panicky in possession nowadays
Gallas 4 - Got progressively worse as the game went on
Vertonghen 6 - Some good interceptions but overplayed on a couple of occasions
Naughton 5 - Not great, was left to deal with Walcott and Sagna by himself at times

Lennon 5.5 - Started well, could've scored, not much else after
Huddlestone 5 - What the heck was he thinking for the first goal? Just casually ignores the 6ft 6 German and marks Gallas instead
Sandro 7 - Does the work of 4 men in midfield
Bale 6.5 - Some good runs, some poor defensive work. Great goal, bad decision which could've made it 4-3

Adebayor 6 - Didn't agree with the red card so don't see why I should mark him down. He's vital to us.
Defoe 5 - Just when you thought 4-5-1 with Defoe up top was bad ...

Dempsey 5.5 - There was a point in the 2nd half where I thought to myself "Dempsey's actually doing quite well here". I don't think he completed another pass or controlled the ball successfully after that point
Dawson 6 - Did ok I think
Carroll 6.5 - Passed well and tried to make things happen

Lloris 7 - the save from Giroud was world class, could do nothing for any of the goals.
Naughton 5 - he indadvertedly forced Bale backwards in the first half.
Vertonghen 6.5 - he really seems to care, some timely interceptions and some swashbuckling runs.
Gallas 6 - average.
Walker 5 - just not developing as a player.
Bale 6 - anonymous in the first half (see above), superb in the second.
Sandro 7.5 - MoTM absolute beast.
Huddlestone 6 - worked hard.
Lennon 6 - average.
Adebayor 4 - good goal, awful tackle, which costs us the game.
Defoe 6 - average.

Subs:

Dempsey 6 - worked hard.
Dawson 6.5 - marshalled the defence well and his distribution has improved 100%.
Carroll 6 - we must give him a start sometime soon.

AVB 8 - sent out a really attacking line up at the start and tried to be positive in the second half.

Lloris 6 - did nothing wrong

Walker 5 - seems so panicky in possession nowadays
Gallas 4 - Got progressively worse as the game went on
Vertonghen 6 - Some good interceptions but overplayed on a couple of occasions
Naughton 5 - Not great, was left to deal with Walcott and Sagna by himself at times

Lennon 5.5 - Started well, could've scored, not much else after
Huddlestone 5 - What the heck was he thinking for the first goal? Just casually ignores the 6ft 6 German and marks Gallas instead
Sandro 7 - Does the work of 4 men in midfield
Bale 6.5 - Some good runs, some poor defensive work. Great goal, bad decision which could've made it 4-3

Adebayor 6 - Didn't agree with the red card so don't see why I should mark him down. He's vital to us.
Defoe 5 - Just when you thought 4-5-1 with Defoe up top was bad ...

Dempsey 5.5 - There was a point in the 2nd half where I thought to myself "Dempsey's actually doing quite well here". I don't think he completed another pass or controlled the ball successfully after that point
Dawson 6 - Did ok I think
Carroll 6.5 - Passed well and tried to make things happen
Probably about the time he produced that absolute peach of a lobbed pass over the Arse defence to put Lennon completely clear. Made me do a double-take, that, but from then on sadly normal service was resumed.

Hmm, hard to rate anyone when you play with ten men... sometimes a player would be double-teamed or out of position trying to cover, or tired after making 100 lung-bursting runs... then people criticise them for looking leggy!

The only one worth rating is Adebayor - what a foolish challenge. Not a brainy man.

Considering we didn't have Dembele or Ekotto and Walker/Gallas are not playing well... we looked good for the first 17 minutes... after that it was just a car crash and obvious we would lose.

As we had the lead, I would have liked us to go 9-0-0 just for the hell of it, see if we could keep them out for 70 minutes at 0-1

PS - losses for loads of decent teams today in the Prem - I won't list them in case you are waiting for MotD - shows that losing at the Emirates is not the end of the world

A lot of decent teams lost against supposedly inferior teams today, just like us :D

Frog 5.5
Walker 5
Gallas 4
Vertonghen 4 (classy player, but so tinkling lazy)
Naughton 4
Lennon 6
Huddlestone 4
Sandro 6.5
Bale 6
Adebayor 1
Defoe 4.5

Dawson 6
Dempsey 1 (he really is utter turd)
Carroll 7.5

Steff's optimism 0

PaddyPower 10

Terrble, no effort flimflam. Noticed that too

There is no way he'll be here next season - bottom 6 PL at best

Arc your hatred of Huddlestone is too much mate, I thought he was trying to pick Bale at the near post, at least two of the "poor" corners were the same, first twenty minutes Huddlestone was pulling the strings for us, also at present we have no one better, I tell you something Vertonghen has got off lightly on here today.

I only marked Vert what I did due to some awesome last ditch tackling. Overall he appeared quite lazy infact.

I only marked Vert what I did due to some awesome last ditch tackling. Overall he appeared quite lazy infact.
That last comment seems a tad unfair. His tackling stood out for most of the game and he was putting more of a shift in than anyone else around him. Yes, mistakes crept in towards the end, one of which led to us conceding the fifth but his overall display was such you could not really put that down to laziness, more loss of concentration or just plain weariness.

In terms of Bale's defensive contribution, I would have thought that there's a very good chance he's being told to stay up front.

Saying that, our defence is an absolute shambles - we need men covering and helping out.

Frankly, when two out of the back four are Gallas and Walker, you're going to concede goals. It also can't possibly be helping with the defenders not knowing who the keeper's going to be for the next game.

I honestly think there's a good chance of Gallas, Walker and Vertonghen being dropped for the West Ham game, with us playing Ekotto, Dawson, Caulker, Naughton. To me, that looks a lot more stable.

Don't forget Naughton, who looked like a lad who'd won a competition to play in the game and was so nervous he forgot to take his anti-anxiety medication.

Don't forget Naughton, who looked like a lad who'd won a competition to play in the game and was so nervous he forgot to take his anti-anxiety medication.

To be fair to Naughton, he's pretty new to the team.

Gallas and, in particular, Walker have been poor for a long time. Frankly, I don't see any difference to how Walker was playing last season. Useless then as well. Weakest player in the team last year.

To be fair to Naughton, he's pretty new to the team.

Gallas and, in particular, Walker have been poor for a long time. Frankly, I don't see any difference to how Walker was playing last season. Useless then as well. Weakest player in the team last year.

At least last season Walker could pass to one of OUR team

Walker's having a mare of a season but it looks like Naughton's confidence is also shot. Wonder whether Adam Smith is ready to step up?

Back